Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Manchin won’t seek reelection in West Virginia
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4302658-manchin-wont-seek-reelection-in-west-virginia/

Quote:Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) announced on Thursday that he will not seek reelection to the Senate in 2024, almost certainly handing Republicans a seat in next year’s elections in a deep red state

“After months of deliberation and long conversations with my family, I believe in my heart of hearts that I have accomplished what I set out to do for West Virginia. I have made one of the toughest decisions of my life and decided that I will not be running for re-election to the United States Senate,” Manchin said in a statement. “But what I will be doing is traveling the country and speaking out to see if there is an interest in creating a movement to mobilize the middle and bring Americans together.”

DEVELOPING.

Probably going to go third party. 

OR there's some dirt coming out on him...in which case he'll go to the repulbicans.    Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I just saw his message. I heard the head of "No Labels Party" say they will likely announce a candidate for POTUS and VP in late spring. It is my guess it will be Joe Manchin. He can't win again in WV after voting with Biden on too many issues people in red states are against.

So, his option is retire or get funded by "No Labels Party" as he truly is as close to the middle of the 2 major parties of anyone running.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't know what the WV gov status is or will be, but I could see Manchin positioning himself for 2028 as a moderate democrat or an "I didn't leave the party, the party left me" republican who has no connections to the MAGA years if they fall completely out of favor.
Reply/Quote
Didn't he say after the last election he wasn't running again? I feel like this is just him re-hashing old news to get his name back in the headlines.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 05:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Didn't he say after the last election he wasn't running again? I feel like this is just him re-hashing old news to get his name back in the headlines.

Actually he had been non committal for last year on run for Senate again and also refuses to rule out run for POTUS. He will never run as a Democrat knowing Biden is baked in to win by DNC. The question becomes if he is still mad at Joe lying to him to get his vote on the 1 trillion dollar spending package.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 05:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Actually he had been non committal for last year on run for Senate again and also refuses to rule out run for POTUS. He will never run as a Democrat knowing Biden is baked in to win by DNC. The question becomes if he is still mad at Joe lying to him to get his vote on the 1 trillion dollar spending package.

That's right. I was misremembering because a lot of folks on Reddit were convinced he was retiring after 2024 and that's why he was being coy about talking about it.

Either way, big meh. Another out of touch life long politician going away is always good news to my ears.

At least until the people elect someone just as old to replace the retiree.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 05:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Actually he had been non committal for last year on run for Senate again and also refuses to rule out run for POTUS. He will never run as a Democrat knowing Biden is baked in to win by DNC. The question becomes if he is still mad at Joe lying to him to get his vote on the 1 trillion dollar spending package.

He won't run nationally as a Democrat because his policies are out of step with the Democratic voters...he can't win nationally.  it has nothing to do with the DNC "baking" in a win by Biden.  Manchin wouldn't even win his home state

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 05:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's right. I was misremembering because a lot of folks on Reddit were convinced he was retiring after 2024 and that's why he was being coy about talking about it.

Either way, big meh. Another out of touch life long politician going away is always good news to my ears.

At least until the people elect someone just as old to replace the retiree.

Current governor Jim Justice, who was originally elected as a Democrat and changed parties, is currently the front runner for the seat, even before Manchin's retirement.  Justice is 72 years old and is worth over $500 million.  He made his money in mining where his company is notorious for the $125 million in fines it has received over safety and health violations.  

In addition to mines, Justice owns the famous WV resort Greenbriar

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well, that's one guaranteed seat lost in the Senate for the Dems.

Reply/Quote
Manchin was on CNBC this morning with Romney before the stock market opened. They basically were taking about entitlements and endorsed bipartisan problem solving. This was a well kept secret as far as timing. This subject was never asked to him this morning.
Reply/Quote
Bye.

Good riddance.

Sounds like his daughter is an advisor for his current ventures. Total scumbag. Nepo-baby became drug company CEO raised the price of life saving drug (epi-pen) for millions, closed the largest generic drug manufacturing facility in the US (Morgantown Mylan Plant), shipping good union jobs overseas. And then she got a golden parachute on the way out.

I see why he is buddies with Romney. Another rich guy who knows all about shipping American jobs overseas because of greed.
Reply/Quote