Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Mini-camp
Akeem Adeniji is missing. He also missed last week's voluntary OTAs. No word as to why
Reader and Wren are still on the rehab field
Hopkins not working out but hanging with the OL guys
Riley Lee not working out but present

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
#9 looking good. Let's hope the knee holds up and only gets stronger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trae Waynes playing LCB and Chidobe Awuzie replacing WJ3 at RCB. I thought it would be the opposite.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 01:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Trae Waynes playing LCB and Chidobe Awuzie replacing WJ3 at RCB. I thought it would be the opposite.

they will probly both play both sides
Reply/Quote
last 2 days of camp have been cancelled

Reply/Quote
ZT ended the rest of minicamp after today. I’m guessing because of perfect attendance and work at OTA’s he rewarded them with no more minicamp.
Reply/Quote
Zac said they were in good shape as far as player vaccinations. Several have gotten or will be getting them this week. Jesse Bates (NFLPA rep) said a majority of players were already vaccinated. Bates also said the 2 days off was part of an incentive to get vaccinated

Reply/Quote
Looks like it is over before it even got started good.

All that practice in rain and storms the last 3 weeks, and they let this perfect weather week go to waste.

I don't think the team is in any position to miss time to get better but it happens. Winning teams do it all the time.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 05:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like it is over before it even got started good.

All that practice in rain and storms the last 3 weeks, and they let this perfect weather week go to waste.

I don't think the team is in any position to miss time to get better but it happens. Winning teams do it all the time.

Are you for real?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 05:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like it is over before it even got started good.

Is there anything you won’t ***** about?

Reply/Quote

Might be a little over the top with that reaction, but I do think it's a little much to completely blow off two days with as many young/new guys as they have, and it was incentive to get vaccinated, not based solely on performance or grasp of the playbook, etc?  The players sound like they're all-in, and I can see giving them lighter days as reward, but it does feel a little like a missed opportunity to continue working and meeting together.  

Maybe I'm just crazy after 18 months of not getting to see my colleagues in person.  We're finally all getting together next week, and I'm flying in early Monday and leaving late Friday to maximize the time we have.  I realize these guys are in a different spot since they've already been together, but bouncing the last two days feels maybe a touch excessive.
Reply/Quote
ZT said they made it through the offseason program. Not sure if that means he had a weak program or if they just feel the players are ahead of schedule. Either way… good morale is a positive I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 09:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: ZT said they made it through the offseason program. Not sure if that means he had a weak program or if they just feel the players are ahead of schedule. Either way… good morale is a positive I suppose.

I'm a bit surprised Burrow and the young talent on this team would be so eager to punch out early, but I guess we'll see what happens.  I'd be more encouraged if ZT offered for them to end camp early and they said "No thanks, we want to work."

I'll keep an open mind and assume there is more to this than the initial thoughts. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm a bit surprised Burrow and the young talent on this team would be so eager to punch out early, but I guess we'll see what happens.  I'd be more encouraged if ZT offered for them to end camp early and they said "No thanks, we want to work."

I'll keep an open mind and assume there is more to this than the initial thoughts. 

They need Joe rested and ready to eat steak as we recruit another for the OL
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 09:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: ZT said they made it through the offseason program. Not sure if that means he had a weak program or if they just feel the players are ahead of schedule. Either way… good morale is a positive I suppose.

I think it was a savvy move because the Bengals had perfect attendance throughout the voluntary OTAs. I know most of the AFC North had quite a few absences and mostly their starters. The Browns were probably the worst with most of their starting offense skipping the voluntary OTAs. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 11:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I think it was a savvy move because the Bengals had perfect attendance throughout the voluntary OTAs. I know most of the AFC North had quite a few absences and mostly their starters. The Browns were probably the worst with most of their starting offense skipping the voluntary OTAs. 

Exactly! The Bengals had 100% participation in OTA's , got done what they needed to get done in mini camp to be ready to go into training camp, and as a reward got 2 days off. The good feelings that builds in your players is probably more beneficial than 2 more days of the same walk throughs. It's not like they cut actual camp time. 
Reply/Quote

lol he is the moral victory king.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 10:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol he is the moral victory king.

Well when you can’t get actual victories, moral is the only way to go.
Reply/Quote
You have to also think that with Burrow not 100% cleared yet, they aren't putting him in any 11 on 11 drills, so what's the point of any real team drills at this point. Install work probably done, 7on7 work done, line drills done. Plus having one player already hurt and out for season, why take the chance. If things look good, let them go.
Reply/Quote