Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Minicamp Day 1 Notes
(06-16-2016, 12:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Banned from smack talk, lol

Is not that the point of forum to "run it a little".

Sorry, just struck me as funny. 
Yeah, I have a hard time understanding that, too.

The reason was that I "continued with personal disputes that have nothing to do with the topic or subforum," which look at how many people do that to me in that forum.  
(06-16-2016, 05:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought so, too.  Then I was wondering why he couldn't receive Rep?  

If they really wanted me to disappear, turn my avatar to a picture of Pig Ben with a heart around it.  I would likely smash the computer.  

Yeah, that part I have even less than a clue about than the actual ban.

To make it even more entertaining, certain Steelers fans keep taking personal shots at me, but it's ok because                        

If anyone would like to fill in that blank with a possible explanation, I'd love to hear it  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Can we get this thread back on topic? I'd prefer to hear about the minicamp notes than someones personal problems. Anyone know how the new lineman are looking? (Bodine replacement?)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 11:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can we get this thread back on topic?  I'd prefer to hear about the minicamp notes than someones personal problems. 

Rep

(06-16-2016, 11:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote:  Anyone know how the new lineman are looking?  (Bodine replacement?)

There is no "Bodine replacement", and even if there was you could not tell in these non-contact OTAs.  O-linemen don't do much of anything.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 11:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep

There is no "Bodine replacement", and even if there was you could not tell in these non-contact OTAs.  O-linemen don't do much of anything.

That was just to keep my post on topic, I made it up on the fly.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think they'll miss a beat and might even improve from last year. I base this on well thought out homerism and not them fancy schmancy stats..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 12:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't think they'll miss a beat and might even improve from last year.  I base this on well thought out homerism and not them fancy schmancy stats..

Hope the Jake Kumerow stuff is not just hype. 

Remember reading last year that he could have gotten his shot if not for so much depth at WR position.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 05:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought so, too.  Then I was wondering why he couldn't receive Rep?  

If they really wanted me to disappear, turn my avatar to a picture of Pig Ben with a heart around it.  I would likely smash the computer.  

I guess they're going all-out with the punishment because I can't give rep either
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 11:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can we get this thread back on topic?  I'd prefer to hear about the minicamp notes than someones personal problems.  Anyone know how the new lineman are looking?  (Bodine replacement?)

the UDFA they like is looking good at center then shotgunned one into the stands.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 12:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope the Jake Kumerow stuff is not just hype. 

Remember reading last year that he could have gotten his shot if not for so much depth at WR position.

dude looked pretty good and apparently all he does is catch everything thrown his way.. (and apparently some guy named Brandon tate is looking real good as well) and Micheal Bennett...     

And James wright is coming back

4th - 6th aren't set by any means anyone can grab those spots
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the UDFA they like is looking good at center then shotgunned one into the stands.

At least that can be controlled by repetitive practice.  Is he lower body dominate, or top heavy like Bodine?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2016, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Banned from Smack Talk.

I stay away from Smack Talk mostly because about 90% of those dudes are keyboard courageous.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Idk... I generally find smack talk to be light-hearted and good natured. When it does go over the line, it seems to be guys on the Bengals side of things more often than not. I personally don't care about football enough to get heated over it.

To the OP, it all sounds like generic coach and player speak. It would be more entertaining if there were quotes from Dalton like "This Boyd kid sucks. Why couldn't we get Doctson?" or "God I hope Tyler gets back soon, because this other Tyler and this Uzi chump are garbage".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 10:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least that can be controlled by repetitive practice.  Is he lower body dominate, or top heavy like Bodine?

that I don't know

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/alex-cooper?id=2556269

Hes played all spots but center but the coaches are liking what hes doing at center for us... or so the article has said.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 04:15 PM)jason Wrote: "God I hope Tyler gets back soon, because this other Tyler and this Uzi chump are garbage".

They're blockers!  I tells ya, if anyone (including your hypothetical Dalton) think they're going to attempt to turn two blocking TE's into a receiving TE who catches a TD a game you is nuts!

Nuts I says!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 04:15 PM)jason Wrote: Idk... I generally find smack talk to be light-hearted and good natured. When it does go over the line, it seems to be guys on the Bengals side of things more often than not. I personally don't care about football enough to get heated over it.

To the OP, it all sounds like generic coach and player speak. It would be more entertaining if there were quotes from Dalton like "This Boyd kid sucks. Why couldn't we get Doctson?"  or "God I hope Tyler gets back soon, because this other Tyler and this Uzi chump are garbage".

if you don't really care about football.........WTF you doing here ?
Reply/Quote
Hoping this Alex Cooper or Westerman push Bodine at the Center spot.

This would honestly help the team more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 11:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why is Brad purple and I can't give him Rep?  Is this some tribute to Prince?

Back  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote