Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manning playing through injury. Bye is ours for the taking!
Check out @AdamSchefter's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/666259055036362752?s=09
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
i saw something that said he probly wont be back till the playoffs if he gets back at all..

it might have been the end of his career on a 35 yard 4 INT night. but hey he set a record.
Reply/Quote
I've seen a few people say that he looked fine throwing the ball. That his motion was not impeded at all, and Kubiak "fell on his sword" by saying he was hurt and should not have been playing. I personally don't think he has any arm strength left at all... it is a shame to see him like this.
Reply/Quote
I watched the game, and he did not look fine throwing the ball. You could tell he was throwing with his arm, rather than with his body. I hadn't heard about his foot until later in the game, so I was wondering if he had a foot or leg injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As bad as he looked you knew there had to be something wrong, man he looked awful.

Congrats to the Chefs for helping us out once again! (after beating the Squealers for us!)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Gotta say, getting a first round bye isn't going to matter much if we're forced to play a championship game in New England.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:22 PM)Earendil Wrote: I watched the game, and he did not look fine throwing the ball.  You could tell he was throwing with his arm, rather than with his body.  I hadn't heard about his foot until later in the game, so I was wondering if he had a foot or leg injury.

Manning has looked bad throwing the ball all year. He no longer has the zip to throw deep outs and the ball hangs so DB's have time to react. He is throwing a ton of picks for a reason and I think his lack of arm strength is the issue. He had one great game in 2015 against the Packers a few weeks back, but a closer looks shows the Packers were missing their top 3 CB's due to injury.

It is a shame, but he appears to stay too long as many greats have done in many sports. The other issue is the OL is putrid so Elway did him no favors. You would have thought a 39 year old QB priority for the GM would have been a great OL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He is making a lot of bad decisions.....that isn't the injury doing that.
Reply/Quote
At least Dalton doesn't have the lowest QBR in a game anymore.

Dalton vs Clev ('14) - QBR 2.0
Manning vs KC - QBR 0.1
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Manning has looked bad throwing the ball all year. He no longer has the zip to throw deep outs and the ball hangs so DB's have time to react. He is throwing a ton of picks for a reason and I think his lack of arm strength is the issue. He had one great game in 2015 against the Packers a few weeks back, but a closer looks shows the Packers were missing their top 3 CB's due to injury.

It is a shame, but he appears to stay too long as many greats have done in many sports. The other issue is the OL is putrid so Elway did him no favors. You would have thought a 39 year old QB priority for the GM would have been a great OL

He does not seem to be able to throw it outside the numbers.  And you're right, he does not seem to have any "zip" on the ball at all.  His arm strength had lessened in previous years, but he was able to compensate with his mind and by getting the ball out early.  Not this year. As you said, this is not just one bad week... in fact, he has had one "good" week.
Reply/Quote
When I checked the scores on my phone and saw the Chiefs were winning, I was pretty excited. I have to admit, though, seeing Manning's stats and benching took a lot of the enjoyment out of it...

I like Peyton. I don't know if it's because he seems like a funny guy, or because he and his brother have been the only ones to fight back against the Patriot "dynasty*." I think some of it is his Jimmy Stewart, everyman persona. He wasn't blessed with a cannon of an arm, a superb spiral, or a fantastic body. He didn't have a hall of fame staff surrounding him. He just worked harder than everyone else to get every last drop of results out of his talent...

Good win for the Bengals playoffs. Tough loss for a pretty cool dude.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:53 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Gotta say, getting a first round bye isn't going to matter much if we're forced to play a championship game in New England.

Sure it will... getting to the AFC championship game is a huge step forward and also beating the patriots at home will help build confidence for the Superbowl which also wont be a home game.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 01:06 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: At least Dalton doesn't have the lowest QBR in a game anymore.

Dalton vs Clev ('14) - QBR 2.0
Manning vs KC - QBR 0.1

Well Manning set one record NFL passing yards

And lowest ever QBR and tied lowest ever QB Rating of 0.00

maybe hes going for farves INT record too

Or maybe his stem cell treatments wore off.
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, that man was basically my football childhood. Really, really hope that wasn't his last game.

The Sheriff deserves to leave the field on a Bronco.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:53 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Gotta say, getting a first round bye isn't going to matter much if we're forced to play a championship game in New England.

Mostly agree. However, I do think that defense is gettable, so if we could keep up with them on the scoreboard, I guess you never know what could happen in the 4th Quarter.
Reply/Quote
Yesterday was bitter-sweet for me. One the one hand, it was good for the Bengals' seeding prospects. But on the other hand, the Broncos are my #2 and I've always liked Peyton, even when he was with Indy.

For the record, my three favorite NFL teams are:

#1: Bengals (duh)
#2: Broncos
#3: Whoever is playing the Steelers
Reply/Quote
Tenet of being a sports fan:
Thou shall not have more than 1 favorite sports team in any genre.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 01:20 PM)Stormborn Wrote: In all seriousness, that man was basically my football childhood. Really, really hope that wasn't his last game.

The Sheriff deserves to leave the field on a Bronco.

ThumbsUp

Fun fact(s): I own more unique Manning jerseys than I do Cincinnati Bengals players combined. I have an 8 year old son named Peyton.

I owe a lot of my passion when it comes to the game of football to Peyton Manning, and I don't know if I'd love the sport as much as I do today if I didn't get to see him come into the NFL at the time where I was really getting into sports in my youth.

As a huge Peyton Manning fan (not really that big on the Colts or Broncos though), it'll be very upsetting if this was his last game. At the same time, he could end his career with a huge broken record with the volume yards in a career being snapped, and part of me doesn't want to see him try to play when he clearly doesn't have it anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Manning has looked bad throwing the ball all year. He no longer has the zip to throw deep outs and the ball hangs so DB's have time to react. He is throwing a ton of picks for a reason and I think his lack of arm strength is the issue. He had one great game in 2015 against the Packers a few weeks back, but a closer looks shows the Packers were missing their top 3 CB's due to injury.

All true, he has been throwing dead ducks all year and he is clearly done IMHO.

I like Peyton so this is a little sad, but hey, he had one of the greatest careers ever so eat some chicken parms Peyton
while the Bengals take the #1 seed from the Patriots. Losing Edelman is a big deal for them people...
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 01:45 PM)djs7685 Wrote: ThumbsUp

Fun fact(s): I own more unique Manning jerseys than I do Cincinnati Bengals players combined. I have an 8 year old son named Peyton.

I owe a lot of my passion when it comes to the game of football to Peyton Manning, and I don't know if I'd love the sport as much as I do today if I didn't get to see him come into the NFL at the time where I was really getting into sports in my youth.

As a huge Peyton Manning fan (not really that big on the Colts or Broncos though), it'll be very upsetting if this was his last game. At the same time, he could end his career with a huge broken record with the volume yards in a career being snapped, and part of me doesn't want to see him try to play when he clearly doesn't have it anymore.

I really think this game would be an after thought when it comes to his career.  It will get talked about for the next week or so, then will fade into obscurity.  All the records and accomplishments are what will live on.  Not to mention the 10,987 commercials he appears in on a weekly basis... lol
Reply/Quote