Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manning playing through injury. Bye is ours for the taking!
(11-16-2015, 12:15 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I've seen a few people say that he looked fine throwing the ball.  That his motion was not impeded at all, and Kubiak "fell on his sword" by saying he was hurt and should not have been playing.  I personally don't think he has any arm strength left at all... it is a shame to see him like this.

I saw some of those lame ducks Manning let go of yesterday. There's no way he's healthy. Those balls just died in the air.

I just don't see him wanting to go out that way. Whether he will or not is yet to be determined but I just don't see him wanting his career to end on a game like that. I do believe this is his last season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If Peyton is out until after our game, it will be nice to have 5+ games of tape on Osweiler before our trip to Denver.
Reply/Quote
The stars are lining up (or falling down, in this case) for the Bengals this season.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 01:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Tenet of being a sports fan:
Thou shall not have more than 1 favorite sports team in any genre.

I was never one to play by the rules. Wink
Reply/Quote
The bye is ours to lose…We need to distance ourselves from the rest of the pack some more. Pitt can still strike if we start losing games.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 01:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Tenet of being a sports fan:
Thou shall not have more than 1 favorite sports team in any genre.

You can have more than 1... but you need an absolute #1 say Bengals.

if another NFL team i would say next you should pick from the opposite conference so an NFC team to follow. (or at least thats something to do when your team is really bad) these would be team(s) that you follow but dont really care if they win or lose.
Reply/Quote
I started following the Broncos back in '86 (I guess the game itself was actually in '87) when Elway beat Cleveland in "The Drive".
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 01:06 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: At least Dalton doesn't have the lowest QBR in a game anymore.

Dalton vs Clev ('14) - QBR 2.0
Manning vs KC - QBR 0.1

Peyton had a 0.0 passer rating and that tied 5 others who had done that since 2002. Dalton never had the lowest rating ever. Heck, Palmer had a lower rating (1.7) against the Jets in '09, so Dalton doesn't even have the lowest single game rating by a Bengal.

(11-16-2015, 02:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: All the records and accomplishments are what will live on.  Not to mention the 10,987 commercials he appears in on a weekly basis... lol

I may be in the minority, but I liked some (not all) of Peyton's commercials. The "laser...rocket arm" commercial is one of my all-time fav commercials and the Nationwide commercials are a little funny.

That United Way skit he did for SNL was easily the funniest thing he's ever done though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

This is the greatest thing Peyton has ever done off the field.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Would love to beat Denver at their best. But will take whatever. C'mon Man.

Reply/Quote
The bye may be ours for the taking, but the offense has to learn to get out of its own way first. Losing to the Texans, that'll get us bye...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:51 AM)JSR18 Wrote: The bye may be ours for the taking, but the offense has to learn to get out of its own way first. Losing to the Texans, that'll get us bye...

Losing to the Texas had to make Brady laugh a little. A loss like that at home screams playoff ready... :snark:

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I absolutely do not want a bye. Everyone his ho hooing about "prime time", but in the last three years we have beaten Pittsurgh, Denver, Cleveland and possibly some I'm forgetting in prime time. This team's problem is they do not play well coming off a bye, or really any change to their normal schedule. Case in point last night coming off a 10 day rest. They need to just put the hammer down and play straight through the Super Bowl with no byes to break their rythm.
Reply/Quote