Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manti Te'o Documentary On Netflix!
Has anyone watched the documentary about Manti Te'o on Netflix?!

It's called Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist.

When this story first hit, I was like "he's lying. There's no way you can be that stupid and that naive for so long."

I never really thought he could be gay but I had no explanation for why he would make that up.

Then, picking his college and going through all the struggles he did, I really started to feel bad for him and you could see how everything played out and was possible.

Has anybody else seen it?!

What were your thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I saw the first episode but my wife watched the second without me.

Manti seems like a genuinely good guy, raised by some genuinely good folks and I can buy him not even considering the possibility that he was being catfished. He had so much going on his life that, by his own admission, was bigger than his romantic life.

As for the woman who was catfishing him? F*** her. I get that she was dealing with gender dysphoria and probably loads of other things going on but using that as an excuse to maliciously hurt other people is a load of crap. Having her participate in the documentary just gave her more attention than she ever deserved.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 10:56 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I saw the first episode but my wife watched the second without me.

Manti seems like a genuinely good guy, raised by some genuinely good folks and I can buy him not even considering the possibility that he was being catfished. He had so much going on his life that, by his own admission, was bigger than his romantic life.

As for the woman who was catfishing him? F*** her. I get that she was dealing with gender dysphoria and probably loads of other things going on but using that as an excuse to maliciously hurt other people is a load of crap. Having her participate in the documentary just gave her more attention than she ever deserved.

She was a man when she was doing the catfishing (or was she a woman all along?), but, yeah, **** her, especially since she said he wasn't the only one he was doing it to.

Like I said, I have a new respect for Manti and I feel bad for him because he definitely seems like a good guy that lives a life of faith and was just lonely and struggling while being away at college. 

I agree though because a person struggling in life doesn't give them an excuse to mess with another person's life, especially for that long and to that degree.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Has anyone watched the documentary about Manti Te'o on Netflix?!

It's called Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist.

When this story first hit, I was like "he's lying. There's no way you can be that stupid and that naive for so long."

I never really thought he could be gay but I had no explanation for why he would make that up.

Then, picking his college and going through all the struggles he did, I really started to feel bad for him and you could see how everything played out and was possible.

Has anybody else seen it?!

What were your thoughts?

My Sister's watched it and I felt bad because i pre-judged the man.

I love seeing the BS coming to light and showing that Manti was a good man.

Sucks him being played by a freak and I do not care who I offend on this one. Freak to do that to a person. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 02:46 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My Sister's watched it and I felt bad because i pre-judged the man.

I love seeing the BS coming to light and showing that Manti was a good man.

Sucks him being played by a freak and I do not care who I offend on this one. Freak to do that to a person. Mellow

Like I said, I also pre-judged him and now feel horrible.

It ruined his reputation and football career.

I understand he helped him when he was struggling in college but he (hopefully) could have found other support or just found a way to grow on his own.

Like you said, even if they’re struggling, what kind of person can knowingly **** with a dude’s life that much?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 02:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, I also pre-judged him and now feel horrible.

It ruined his reputation and football career.

I understand he helped him when he was struggling in college but he (hopefully) could have found other support or just found a way to grow on his own.

Like you said, even if they’re struggling, what kind of person can knowingly **** with a dude’s life that much?

You would have to be some kind of a monster to do that. It is truly disgusting. Sick
Reply/Quote
This is why you don't date chicks you don't meet in person.

Yes if my wife were to leave me I'd be screwed in this new world of dating. No I don't care and no I won't change.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: This is why you don't date chicks you don't meet in person.

Yes if my wife were to leave me I'd be screwed in this new world of dating. No I don't care and no I won't change.

As a divorcee with kids in my late-30s, I can tell you that current dating is awful.  But that said, most everyone wants to meet within a day or two of talking on any app, so it should still be unlikely to have a Manti experience. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote