Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Many of us on here grew up together how have you adjusted last 25 years?
Been a rolllercoaster experience for me personally
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 09:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Been a rolllercoaster experience for me personally

I had to think for a minute. I've been married all of the last 26 years.  Separated, but worked it out.  Wife went back to college.  Raised two kids.  Daughter got married and divorced. Son in college.  Same job though for me.

I guess life is ups and downs and enjoying the good because you've lived through the bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
25 years later. And if there is something important that needs to be done, I can still find a way to procrastinate and screw around on the bengals message boards.

Just like the old days when I was in college at the library “doing a school project” but was really on the computer making a mock draft
Reply/Quote
Well, I just turned 30 so we are talking about most of my life. My childhood wasn't the greatest. My parents were alcoholics with anger issues so I was abused growing up. Most of it was verbal but I had my fair share of bloody noses and busted lips from them as well. I mostly goofed off in high-school. I received okay grades. Made it to college and something just clicked for me. I started enjoying school and did quite well. Graduated, learned some foreign languages and did quite a bit of travelling. Got into tech and have made a wonderful career for myself so far. Married and living the suburban life.

My perspectives on life are so different than even five years ago. I am practically a completely different person than I was in college and high-school. Unrecognizable. I think it has all been for the positive.
Reply/Quote
20 years since I'm here ( Gosh ! ) and I'm basically the same person with a better salary Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I've only been on the Bengals message board since 2004. the old old board.

I think I've done well (middle-class well) over that time.
Got a good paying job overseas during the forever wars.

Retired now but my wife is still working and pulling in six figures (barely).
We own our own home and a rental property.

My complaints are mostly about age--can't walk as far or work as long in the garden.
Hearing, vision and memory are degenerating. Will be 72 this summer.

My biggest worry is about the direction of the country, the anti-democratic politics
which used to be fringe but are now mainstream. I mean it was bad under
Bush but is worse now, implying a bleak future. I'm not the sort of person who
can just be happy in his own little garden while the world goes to hell.
(not just the U.S.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was playing poker live and online until 2014. keeping up with sports and playing chess. I was always living day to day never really planning ahead and I feel its coming back to bite me now even though I'm somewhat happily married with a child. Now ive taken up sport betting
Reply/Quote