Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcell Reese worked out for bengals today
Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/02/bengals-take-a-look-at-marcel-reece/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Makes me wonder two things:

1. What's up with Hewitt?

2. Are we going to finally get serious about having a running game?

Reply/Quote
We should be looking at linemen not fullbacks
Reply/Quote
Looks like they also worked out Gilberry, DT- Jordan Hill and TE- Justice Cunningham.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 07:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We should be looking at linemen not fullbacks

True....but he is a guy that can help with the blocking....a good reliable target....and a brute runner.  If there's anything in that tank....why not?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: True....but he is a guy that can help with the blocking....a good reliable target....and a brute runner.  If there's anything in that tank....why not?

Fair enough, but still even a pro bowl FB can only do so much behind this line. Just hard to get too excited about any offensive addition until the problems up front are fixed. 
Reply/Quote
Tells me that the Bengals have been like 1/5 on giving their own players multi-year contracts last offseason. Iloka, Williams, Hewitt, and Jones all got deals, none have been good this year.

Only one that's looked good so far is V Rey.

- - - - -

Also, I have been pounding the table for a few years now on the Bengals getting a true FB. Hope they do.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Fair enough, but still even a pro bowl FB can only do so much behind this line. Just hard to get too excited about any offensive addition until the problems up front are fixed. 

I feel your pain man.....

(11-02-2016, 08:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tells me that the Bengals have been like 1/5 on giving their own players multi-year contracts last offseason. Iloka, Williams, Hewitt, and Jones all got deals, none have been good this year.

- - - - -

Also, I have been pounding the table for a few years now on the Bengals getting a true FB. Hope they do.

You know I've been pounding that ***** too.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well I hope they do, maybe they will want to use him actually since he's a outsider, because they paid Hewitt but we constantly line up with single back set or out of shotgun and they do it with hill too. Which is stupidity. Gio is better at getting up to speed quicker to the line, but I think Jeremy is more the home run hitter for long runs, I can't remember the last time gio ran for even 20 yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 07:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like they also worked out Gilberry, DT- Jordan Hill and TE- Justice Cunningham.

I'd be happy to have WallyBerry back....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tells me that the Bengals have been like 1/5 on giving their own players multi-year contracts last offseason. Iloka, Williams, Hewitt, and Jones all got deals, none have been good this year.

- - - - -

It's hard to gauge what's going on with Hewitt and how they're using him.  I think I remember reading somewhere (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Hewitt has only played something like 13% of eligible snaps.  I don't get the logic of giving him a top contract for his position, telling basically everybody in the media that you think he's one of the top fullbacks in the league, and then not playing him.  That's like paying your top receiver huge money and only playing him in 4 WR sets.  

Again, I could be missing something but I don't remember him looking bad in the snaps he's played, although I may have missed it as the offensive line play seems to overshadow everything else.  
Reply/Quote
Reece is better than Hewitt in every facet. Not sure a FB upgrade is going to get this team over the hump though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 07:31 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/02/bengals-take-a-look-at-marcel-reece/

Always liked Reese but as LF40 here says..

(11-02-2016, 07:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We should be looking at linemen not fullbacks

True, OT, OG, OC, DT are our weaknesses.

(11-02-2016, 07:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like they also worked out Gilberry, DT- Jordan Hill and TE- Justice Cunningham.

Guess we signed Gilberry. Any info on Jordan Hill?

Plus, don't understand working out another TE.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reece is better than Hewitt in every facet. Not sure a FB upgrade is going to get this team over the hump though.

Nah, Hewitt is a better blocker but Reese is much better in the passing game and as a playmaker overall.

Don't understand why we haven't used Hewitt more this year, he has done well when called upon and we extended him in the Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 12:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always liked Reese but as LF40 here says..

True, OT, OG, OC, DT are our weaknesses.

Guess we signed Gilberry. Any info on Jordan Hill?

Plus, don't understand working out another TE.

The Cunningham workout is probably in response to Matt Lengel getting signed off the PS by the Pats.

Jordan Hill was a 3rd round pick for the Seahawks in 2013 and played 3 years for them. He had 5.5 sacks in 13 games in '14. He was projected to be a starter going into training camp but had a nagging groin injury that landed him on IR, then ended up being released.

I'm mixed on the Gilberry signing. I've always liked Wallace and he should be able to step in and play pretty quickly, but I'm not sure how much he has left. I guess we'll find out.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Cunningham workout is probably in response to Matt Lengel getting signed off the PS by the Pats.

Jordan Hill was a 3rd round pick for the Seahawks in 2013 and played 3 years for them. He had 5.5 sacks in 13 games in '14. He was projected to be a starter going into training camp but had a nagging groin injury that landed him on IR, then ended up being released.

Thanks Holic, good stuff. Hope we give Hill a shot.

Peko has been bad this year. Would be nice to see another good run stopper besides Sims.
Reply/Quote