Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 1st, Franchise Tag Day
Bengals have until 4 PM to use the Franchise Tag to a possible free agent......and now the plot thickens....I can not imagine Bengals owners not tagging Whitworth, Zeitler or Kirkpatrick. To lose all 3 is a good start to a 12 loss season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:28 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals have until 4 PM to use the Franchise Tag to a possible free agent......and now the plot thickens....I can not imagine Bengals owners not tagging Whitworth, Zeitler or Kirkpatrick.  To lose all 3 is a good start to a 12 loss season.

A 12-loss season is the best way to find a franchise LT! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A 12-loss season is the best way to find a franchise LT! Ninja

For those that love the draft....With the players we have we should be thinking Super Bowl, not pick one in 2018 draft.  I would tag Whitworth or Zeitler. We lost Andre Smith 12 months ago and if we lose both Whitworth and Zeitler then Andy Dalton will end up in the hospital and McCarron also. No blocking and quarterbacks get injured quick and fast. Brown Family really needs to tag Whit or Zeitler by 4 PM today......Opening Day in September begins NOW.

Since there are no left tackles in this draft that stand out. Maybe tag Whitworth who can play left tackle or left guard. If we lose Zeitler, maybe we can get a top guard in round one or two. Basic Football Class 101, you must protect the quarterback. Everything else comes second. Above all things, protect the quarterback.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:31 PM)kevin Wrote: For those that love the draft....With the players we have we should be thinking Super Bowl, not pick one in 2018 draft.  I would tag Whitworth or Zeitler.  We lost Andre Smith 12 months ago and if we lose both Whitworth and Zeitler then Andy Dalton will end up in the hospital and McCarron also. No blocking and quarterbacks get injured quick and fast.  Brown Family really needs to tag Whit or Zeitler by 4 PM today......Opening Day in September begins NOW.

Mike Brown will use the franchise tag on Peko. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:31 PM)kevin Wrote: For those that love the draft....With the players we have we should be thinking Super Bowl, not pick one in 2018 draft.  I would tag Whitworth or Zeitler.  We lost Andre Smith 12 months ago and if we lose both Whitworth and Zeitler then Andy Dalton will end up in the hospital and McCarron also. No blocking and quarterbacks get injured quick and fast.  Brown Family really needs to tag Whit or Zeitler by 4 PM today......Opening Day in September begins NOW.

The Bengals drafted Ced O and Fisher so that they could lose Smith and Whitworth and replace them with guys on rookie deals which cost MUCH MUCH less.

Ced O not developing threw a wrench into those plans.

I would argue that Zeitler needs tagged regardless so they could trade him. This is the 1st year that Comp Picks can be traded and even if it's for a 3rd Round pick...it's something.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:37 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Mike Brown will use the franchise tag on Peko. 

I'm sure if he could find a way, Mike Brown would franchise tag himself as GM. Then he could just funnel more money to himself through a position he holds but does not deserve.
Reply/Quote

Since there are no left tackles in this draft that stand out. Maybe tag Whitworth who can play left tackle or left guard.  If we lose Zeitler, maybe we can get a top guard in round one or two. Football 101, you must protect the quarterback. Everything else comes second. Above all things, protect the quarterback.

IF we draft a Guard in the 1st Round with the 9th pick to replace our 1st Round Pick Guard that developed and we didn't want to pay $10+ million too...
Reply/Quote
Since we are 5 hours away from deadline, as they say in the draft, The Bengals are On The Clock.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we draft a Guard in the 1st Round with the 9th pick to replace our 1st Round Pick Guard that developed and we didn't want to pay $10+ million too...
Sadly, if we lose Whitworth we are sucking air at left tackle in 2017. If you can't protect the QB's blind side at left tackle, it's good night nurse and bring out the stretcher.  IT would be nice to keep some of these other free agents, but Whitworth one more year at this point becomes a great need or our QBs get killed....If the day ends with nobody tagged, it is bad news for Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Since there are no left tackles in this draft that stand out. Maybe tag Whitworth who can play left tackle or left guard.  If we lose Zeitler, maybe we can get a top guard in round one or two. Basic Football Class 101, you must protect the quarterback. Everything else comes second. Above all things, protect the quarterback.

Come on, you know the Bengals are always thinking about 3-5 years down the road, not the now. Otherwise they'd actually try to go all in for once.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we draft a Guard in the 1st Round with the 9th pick to replace our 1st Round Pick Guard that developed and we didn't want to pay $10+ million too...

Preparing myself for the selection of Cam Robinson, the short term RG who will eventually move to RT after the first year or two?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander will have Ogbuehi and Fisher ready to man both Tackle positions when the season starts. Trust me. He even jumped on the table and said so.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:50 PM)kevin Wrote: Since we are 5 hours away from deadline, as they say in the draft, The Bengals are On The Clock.

The chance of them tagging someone is very, very low.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:53 PM)kevin Wrote: Sadly, if we lose Whitworth we are sucking air at left tackle in 2017. If you can't protect the QB's blind side at left tackle, it's good night nurse and bring out the stretcher.  IT would be nice to keep some of these other free agents, but Whitworth one more year at this point becomes a great need or our QBs get killed....If the day ends with nobody tagged, it is bad news for Bengals.

Well...we'll need a LT, Guard, and Center...and that's assuming Fisher is adequate at RT which he was ok at some points...but he seems injury prone.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 01:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Preparing myself for the selection of Cam Robinson, the short term RG who will eventually move to RT after the first year or two?

I'm pretty excited for Fournette, Cook, Foster, or Williams. Any player outside of that will disappoint me.

I guess I could get excited for a DE too...but those guys typically take a few years before they put up big sack numbers unless you get the absolute best.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals use the franchise tag on either, Whit or big Z.  I think the tag would be 13.7 million...too high for the Brown family to swallow. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 01:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm pretty excited for Fournette, Cook, Foster, or Williams. Any player outside of that will disappoint me.

I guess I could get excited for a DE too...but those guys typically take a few years before they put up big sack numbers unless you get the absolute best.

Perfect time though since MJ becomes a FA after 2018, right?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:28 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals have until 4 PM to use the Franchise Tag to a possible free agent......and now the plot thickens....I can not imagine Bengals owners not tagging Whitworth, Zeitler or Kirkpatrick.  To lose all 3 is a good start to a 12 loss season.

Not saying losing all three is a good thing, but none of them are worth the franchise tag.

Whit and Zeitler would cost $14.8m for one of them.
Kirkpatrick would cost $15.1m.

Whit might be the only one close enough to being good enough to be worth that kind of money, but everything I am seeing on Whit looks like 2yr/$20m, so $14.8m for one year seems rather silly.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Right on Leonard. We all want the big 3 back. But none are worth the franchise tag. I can't slam the FO for this.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Since there are no left tackles in this draft that stand out. Maybe tag Whitworth who can play left tackle or left guard.  If we lose Zeitler, maybe we can get a top guard in round one or two. Basic Football Class 101, you must protect the quarterback. Everything else comes second. Above all things, protect the quarterback.

If you tag either one, you're looking at 14, 15 mil of the 15 mil.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote