Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Madness
I know we have a separate forum for college sports, but the NCAA men's basketball tournament is like the Super Bowl. It draws in people who usually don't follow sports.

So how many of you picked a bracket?

How are you doing?
Reply/Quote
I pay zero attentions to any basketball.. unless im throwing it into a hoop.
Reply/Quote
I love the upsets. Those little schools you have never heard of. The great buzzer beaters. Today was a great day.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
I had a hard time getting excited about it this year. I did not do a bracket (two years in a row for that) and watched a couple games last week but not much and nothing this weekend so far. This morning I checked who is left and thought, "I really don't care who wins this tournament." Part of it is my contempt for the NCAA, and part of if it is my general disillusionment with all sports the older I get. I miss when I got excited about the tourney, but maybe I shouldn't - maybe I am just growing up.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
5/8 for the Elite 8.

Best I can do is 3/4 for the Final Four, but the Final is still fully intact.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is the first year I have paid any attention to it. I didn't do a bracket, but have been enjoying watching the games. Last night's upset with Villanova winning was awesome. I'm looking forward to rooting for UVA tonight.

I have been paying attention to the NCAAW tournament for a few years now since my school's WBB program is much better than the MBB. But, since we are CAA and there isn't really much competition in the conference our ladies are ill equipped for the big dance and get sent home early.
Reply/Quote
Got my bracket broke the first day lol.

It is tough to pick those cinderella teams you know nothing about.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 04:52 PM)xxlt Wrote: I had a hard time getting excited about it this year. I did not do a bracket (two years in a row for that) and watched a couple games last week but not much and nothing this weekend so far. This morning I checked who is left and thought, "I really don't care who wins this tournament." Part of it is my contempt for the NCAA, and part of if it is my general disillusionment with all sports the older I get. I miss when I got excited about the tourney, but maybe I shouldn't - maybe I am just growing up.

College basketball has deteriorated in recent years.  It's just not a very good product anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 05:34 PM)jason Wrote: College basketball has deteriorated in recent years.  It's just not a very good product anymore.
Last nights final was a great game. But your right. And the reason is that its not as good anymore is. The good players don't stay for there 4 years like they used to. Most good players are 2 years and then on to the money. Which you can't blame them but it's the system.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 08:12 AM)Bengalfan69 Wrote: Last nights final was a great game. But your right. And the reason is that its not as good anymore is. The good players don't stay for there 4 years like they used to. Most good players are 2 years and then on to the money. Which you can't blame them but it's the system.

Honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of the NCAA being treated as the farm team for the pros in any sport. It creates an atmosphere where so little attention is put on the academic success of the student athletes and leaves them with out an education when they move on, even if they do complete a degree.

But, I'm also rather sick and tired of professional sports for the most part anyway. And yes, I understand the irony of saying this on a message board devoted to a professional football team. LOL
Reply/Quote