Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Madness 2019
We are a month away from the big tournament. Teams are starting to fall into place. My first 2 picks for the national title so far are Duke and Kentucky. Things could change quickly if injuries or other factors come into play. My cinderella is Houston and LSU. They are both coming on strong. My favorite team is the UC Bearcats. However, not sure they make it past the second round. Can't wait for the brackets. Remember last year a 1 seed lost to a 16 seed. Probably won't happen again for a while.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 12:47 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We are a month away from the big tournament. Teams are starting to fall into place. My first 2 picks for the national title so far are Duke and Kentucky. Things could change quickly if injuries or other factors come into play. My cinderella is Houston and LSU. They are both coming on strong. My favorite team is the UC Bearcats. However, not sure they make it past the second round. Can't wait for the brackets. Remember last year a 1 seed lost to a 16 seed. Probably won't happen again for a while.

Might just be me, but I'm not all that impressed with Houston.  UC played them very tough at their place with horrible officiating and terrible offense down the stretch.  The Dukes and Kentuckys of the world will destroy them.

And UC, yeah, my team too and I can't see any scenario where they get out of the first weekend.  You can't get far with a one man team in the Big Dance and focus that comes and goes and bad free throw shooting.

We should find out a lot about Duke tonight.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Duke is going to be my dark horse this year.  I'm riding with them to the Final Four at least.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Don't get to watch much west coast teams, but Gonzaga leads the nation in scoring, shoots 53% from the field, and almost 77 percent from the free throw line. They have 2 losses....to Tennessee and North Carolina.
Reply/Quote
This has been a good basketball season for the whole state of Iowa.  Both, the Hawkeyes and the Cyclones are going to be Dancing, and Drake is leading the Missouri Valley, with a very real shot at winning their conference tourney, sending 3 teams from the state of Iowa to the big dance.  Can't wait! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
With Zion's injury and possible sitting out the rest of the season, Duke may drop down a bit. Freak accidents can happen and change the whole bracket.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:12 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: With Zion's injury and possible sitting out the rest of the season, Duke may drop down a bit. Freak accidents can happen and change the whole bracket.

That's for sure.  Kenyon Martin's broken leg cost Huggie a legitimate chance at a title.  That UC team was pretty loaded but when you lose the one guy you can't afford to lose, it can be too much to overcome,  physically and especially mentally.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
It’s the most wonderful (sports) time of year.
Reply/Quote
i'm gonna roll with my cats. however the field is so wide open this year. i can pick 3 or 4 teams like unc duke virginia and syracuse (is my darkhorse) cuse got not much of a chance but will smack someone they shouldn't. kentucky and tenn. from the sec mich state and michigan from the big ten. possibly even the zags (wcc) but they really don't play anyone during conference play so it's hard to gauge them. the big 12 is bad this year and the pac 12 is horrendous this year. no team from the american conf. really has a shot at even a high seed other than houston. this years bracket will be a hard one to pick.

kentucky will likely lose saturday in knoxville maybe even tues. in oxford, ms but that will actually help us cuz i want us as the no.1 2 seed in the louisville bracket as we'd start in columbus, oh and onto lou for regionals. my thoughts anyways. rfaulk where you at cat?
Reply/Quote
We are heading towards the big dance. I actually think a late season loss or two is good for a team. I'm sure the practices are better and the attitude is better. Starting to watch some of the latest conference games. I'm not picking the Zags to get to the final four.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
It's kinda weird. Just when you think a team is going to stand out, they go and lose.

All things considered, I like Virginia. They stand out on defense and they have crazy good three point shooting.

Reply/Quote
Well, the conference championships are this week. Can't wait until the brackets are announced on Sunday. I'll be out of it probably after the first weekend. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 12:09 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, the conference championships are this week. Can't wait until the brackets are announced on Sunday. I'll be out of it probably after the first weekend. lol

I will get the fantasy brackets ready as soon as they come out and post for those who want to get in like last year.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 12:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I will get the fantasy brackets ready as soon as they come out and post for those who want to get in like last year.

ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Go Big Blue !!!
Reply/Quote
They're Here! Michigan State and Duke in the same bracket. Kentucky and North Carolina in the same bracket. Should be interesting.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Well so Far Ive already been eliminated from the NIT bracket and am 0-4 on the play in games...

Next year I'm going to fill out a bracket then go and fill another one out the is opposite my first thoughts cause they be wrong lol

of Course my Picks were based on absolutely Zero knownledge of any of the teams outside of name and rank
Reply/Quote
Vols looking at possible second round game against the Bearcats.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vols looking at possible second round game against the Bearcats.

I'm a UC alum and lifelong Bearcats fan and I would have no confidence in that game whatsoever.  And that is if we get by Iowa.  UC has an unfortunate history of early tournament exits.   Our biggest advantage is proximity to Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote
Bearcats out in first round, again. Looks like another Cincy team satisfied with just making it there.
Reply/Quote