Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Mock
(03-31-2023, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF has the following for Sidney Jones' passer rating allowed by year:
2022 - 83.3 (only 71 coverage snaps)
2021 - 106 (447 coverage snaps)

So the year he played the most, he allowed over 100 passer rating.

But my biggest problem is he can't be relied on because he's never healthy.
Never had more than 6 starts other than 2021, which was just 11.

But regardless of what I think about Sidney Jones, Jones and Awuzie are set to hit FA next year, so the Bengals could be in a big need for a starting CB after this season. Bengals have shown no qualms about getting a guy one year early to learn for a year before taking over, a la Dax Hill.

I understand why you want a safety over a CB.
You feel the starting SS (or safeties) is weak and you want to try to upgrade the starter.
And you feel starting CBs are fine between Awuzie, CTB, Hilton, and Jones.
So you'd rather take a safety in the first couple rounds and take a CB later.
But what I feel is that they believe they have safety set now with the Scott acquisition (whether we agree or not), and they like to plan a year ahead of time for departures, so I think they'll go CB before they go safety.

As much as I feel like Lou values having better Safeties in his defense, I tend to agree that CB is the much bigger need, at this point.  The team signing Jones over bringing Apple back says to me that they are intending to invest a high draft pick into the position.  I know that they still might bring Apple back, but obviously not at his first number proposed by his agent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote