Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nephew
In their inaugural season, the Bengals selected a RB out of Arizona in the 3rd RD; his name was Paul Robinson. He led the AFL in rushing his rookie year. He is the only player in the history of Professional Football to gain over 1,000 yards as a rookie on an expansion team.

He won AFL Rookie of the year and made the All-Star team in both his Season in Cincy and scored the first-ever Cincinnati Bengals TD.

Why am I putting this in the Draft forum? Because his nephew just won the award for best RB in college football and may be in play when we draft at 32 this year:

[Image: Untitled-design-2022-12-07T122341.694.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn. That’s pretty cool.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't have a problem with Robinson. I just don't see him making it to 32, or whatever low position we're in. Rumors that teams have him graded higher than other RBs who went top 10.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Never heard the connection that he was Paul Robinson's nephew.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In their inaugural season, the Bengals selected a RB out of Arizona in the 3rd RD; his name was Paul Robinson. He led the AFL in rushing his rookie year. He is the only player in the history of Professional Football to gain over 1,000 yards as a rookie on an expansion team.

He won AFL Rookie of the year and made the All-Star team in both his Season in Cincy and scored the first-ever Cincinnati Bengals TD.

Why am I putting this in the Draft forum? Because his nephew just won the award for best RB in college football and may be in play when we draft at 32 this year:

[Image: Untitled-design-2022-12-07T122341.694.png]

I hope he doesn't go 32, that means he will go to the Texans in rd 2 (Miami's first is forfeited this year).

That said, this would be a hell of a pick up if you drop Mixon's contract.
Reply/Quote
if Mixon balls out down the stretch are we still in the market?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if Mixon balls out down the stretch are we still in the market?

I think Mixon and Perine (if they re-sign) are good.  Would be good for another year.  Bengals have needs at TE, CB, DL.   WTS, if the he is there at 32 for the Bengals, I would not question the pick if he is BPA.  Bengals need to shed some payroll to keep others.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The Triplets in Dallas were not complete until they drafted Emmitt Smith

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Mixon and Perine (if they re-sign) are good.  Would be good for another year.  Bengals have needs at TE, CB, DL.   WTS, if the he is there at 32 for the Bengals, I would not question the pick if he is BPA.  Bengals need to shed some payroll to keep others.  

I think Perine is gone. I imagine some team will sign him away to make him their feature power back and pair him with a shifty guy. I can see us drafting a RB to take Perine's spot in 2023 and then replace Mixon in 2024.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Perine is gone. I imagine some team will sign him away to make him their feature power back and pair him with a shifty guy. I can see us drafting a RB to take Perine's spot in 2023 and then replace Mixon in 2024.

I would rather keep Perine but Mixon has his moments and can catch passes well.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 03:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would rather keep Perine but Mixon has his moments and can catch passes well.  

Jahmyr Gibbs (Thanks for point him out Syrnic) can catch and run like Mixon without the 12M price tag. May be a consideration if Robinson is already gone.
Reply/Quote
If Robinson is there at 31, it would be hard to pass up. In a previous era, he could probably be a top 10 pick. RBs just aren't highly valued anymore. I think Robinson is likely the only RB that goes in the first this year and I wouldn't even say that's a lock to happen.

Great connection to the city, great player, a sneaky need on the team, assuming we don't re-sign Mixon and perhaps cut him before 2024 in what is essentially a club option year in his contract (only 2.75M dead cap, but 10.38M in cap savings if cut).
Reply/Quote
I just think Perine makes the Bengals O more aggressive and physical
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Very cool tidbit about Robinson. I like both Robinson and Gibbs, Ts, CBS has them ranked #15 and #16 on their BB. They both could be gone by the back half of the draft. An interesting back that could be had in the 2nd or 3rd is McBride out of UAB.

I also wanted to add that he's coached by Trent Dilfer, a dude that probably knows a little something about RBs since he played with some very, very good ones.
Reply/Quote
Pat and Jim did their first mock of the season on Sirius yesterday. Bijan went #5OA.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 09:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat and Jim did their first mock of the season on Sirius yesterday. Bijan went #5OA.

More and more people are coming willing to commit to Bijan Robinson being the best prospect in the entire draft class ahead of Will Anderson. He is hands down the best offensive prospect and no one even comes close. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 09:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat and Jim did their first mock of the season on Sirius yesterday. Bijan went #5OA.

Would use the Bengals 1st round pick on him if he is available. Doubt he makes it though, most mocks I see have him going in first 20 picks.

Yet that's who I want, Bijan or Washington in the 1st.  Gibbs if both are gone.

Yet won't hate on pick if it is OL or DL if a great one slips. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote