Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Cards 1st mock lol
Round

1st .....TE Darnell Washington "Georgia" .........know this is a controversial pick but think he is a perfect fit for what the Bengals need

2nd......RB.  Jahmyr Gibbs " Alabama".............Know many do not want a RB this early and usually that would be my stance. But will jump for joy if Gibbs falls this far to the Bengals

3rd.......CB. Jaylen Jones "Texas A&M"..................Like Gibbs, not sure Jones falls this far but would love it if he does

4th.......WR. Tyler Scott "Cincinnati" .....................doubt Bengals go WR this early but would be fine with me if all the top DL are gone

5th......OT Carter Warren "Pittsburgh" ................ gets beat by speed rushers still, but most do and like the angriness he plays with. Think he could develop nicely

6th......TE Noah Gindorff "NDS" ............................Team captain with the size needed for blocking or catching enough to be a decent back up. Volson played with him and can offer inside knowledge and help acclimate him to the system..

7th........Edge Lonnie Phelps " Kansas"...................Cincinnati kid who is a great ST player, may develop into an Edge player one day but think ST's is where he will excel

Not happy I left out a DT in this mock and maybe these players are gone before the Bengals even pick. Would be pleased with something like this though.

EDIT :  Would be just as pleased with RB. Zach Carbonnet  "UCLA"  as Gibbs and maybe want him more now. Good blocker and runner with NFL size and think he is perfect if Bijan can't be had. Would be ecstatic with Bijan, Charbonnet , or Gibbs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Nice job, I really like picks 1, 2, 3, and 5. I could easily see an OL or DT that you like slipping to the 4th round, unless you are a fan of Scott for a particular reason.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like this mock Go Cards. Man, the Offense would be stacked with those first 2 additions and Scott is a hard cover according
to Sauce Gardner. Doubt Jaylen Jones is there, but this is a deep draft for corner, it is possible. Yah never know what type of
Corner certain teams want. Carter Warren would be a good Tackle for our coaches to try and develop. Like you said, plays
mean, fits that glass eater type.

Never heard of Noah Gindorff lol good name.

Bottom line if Carman and Zachary Carter become good players for us this mock knocks it out of the park. Well done. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this mock Go Cards. Man, the Offense would be stacked with those first 2 additions and Scott is a hard cover according
to Sauce Gardner. Doubt Jaylen Jones is there, but this is a deep draft for corner, it is possible. Yah never know what type of
Corner certain teams want. Carter Warren would be a good Tackle for our coaches to try and develop. Like you said, plays
mean, fits that glass eater type.

Never heard of Noah Gindorff lol good name.

Bottom line if Carman and Zachary Carter become good players for us this mock knocks it out of the park. Well done. Cool

Agree and not sure Gibbs or Jones falls either, but the site I was on had them ranked within these parameters. I have my doubts but would be really happy if these first 3 fell to the Bengals

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice job, I really like picks 1, 2, 3, and 5.  I could easily see an OL or DT that you like slipping to the 4th round, unless you are a fan of Scott for a particular reason.

Hope a DL falls for sure per love bolstering the DL or pass rush. Not  really married to the Scott pick but do think the late WR's will be sparse. Yet don't really have to have a WR this particular year, but hoping a solid #4 can be found.

Do feel that the defense was given 6 out of the 7 picks last year and believe the offense will get the lions share this year. 

Yet will rejoice if a good defensive lineman can be added. Especially one that can pressure the QB instead of the Scott, Gindorff, or Phelps picks

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Nice mock.

LOVE 1 and 2! And from what I've heard Scott is really fast. I'd be tickled with this draft!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice job, I really like picks 1, 2, 3, and 5.  I could easily see an OL or DT that you like slipping to the 4th round, unless you are a fan of Scott for a particular reason.

if they just trade Jonah for an extra 3rd round pick it would open up lots of options for the Bengals in the trenches 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Like the Bengals I usually like the more physical receivers but Tyler Scott is so much fun to watch. Former RB out of High School and you can see it when he gets the ball in his hands especially on screens. He also has the speed to threaten deep and affect the spacing of the defense. Scott is a play maker and one of the very few WRs I like in this class. If he challenges at WR quickly enough as a rookie Tyler Boyd could become a good trade candidate to a team in desperate need at WR in-season.

To the OP: The duo of Washington and Gibbs on offense would be amazing. One excels at blocking in space the other excels at running in space. Those Pitch plays might actually work!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 03:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: if they just trade Jonah for an extra 3rd round pick it would open up lots of options for the Bengals in the trenches 

Lots of crazy and unexpected things happen in that regard, during the draft.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 03:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Like the Bengals I usually like the more physical receivers but Tyler Scott is so much fun to watch. Former RB out of High School and you can see it when he gets the ball in his hands especially on screens. He also has the speed to threaten deep and affect the spacing of the defense. Scott is a play maker and one of the very few WRs I like in this class. If he challenges at WR quickly enough as a rookie Tyler Boyd could become a good trade candidate to a team in desperate need at WR in-season.

To the OP: The duo of Washington and Gibbs on offense would be amazing. One excels at blocking in space the other excels at running in space. Those Pitch plays might actually work!

He's got a good combine rating, projects to be a plus starter.  Like the Bengals, or by habit of being a fan, I just typically pay attention to the bigger, and more physical receivers, unless they have a knack for PR/KR.  However, with rule changes increasingly being modified to protect players and promote offensive production, his speed and agility numbers look very good.  Combine those with Sauce Gardner's endorsement, I'd have to agree that he's a bargain in the 4th.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote