Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marco Rubio: the first robotic candidate
(02-10-2016, 08:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How does an illegal immigrant get welfare when I thought they were barred from receiving welfare?  Who isn't allowed to ask someone if they are in America legally?

Tricky because barring illegal immigrants are barred from welfare but still find ways around the system.

One way is that they have a child that was born here, which makes them a citizen and the family gets the benefits.

I know employers aren't allowed to ask if someone is a citizen in a job interview.

I'm also pretty sure a cop can't just ask someone if they're a citizen without probable cause.  
(02-10-2016, 08:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Tricky because barring illegal immigrants are barred from welfare but still find ways around the system.

One way is that they have a child that was born here, which makes them a citizen and the family gets the benefits.

I know employers aren't allowed to ask if someone is a citizen in a job interview.

I'm also pretty sure a cop can't just ask someone if they're a citizen without probable cause.  

So called anchor babies are entitled to welfare, but not their illegal immigrant parents.  Anchor babies aren't a defense for illegal immigrant parents of said anchor babies from being deported.  

"Are you a US citizen?" is on job applications.  I had to produce at least three different documents proving my citizenship status to my employer.  I also had to produce documents for my dependent's citizenship status for them to be enrolled in my benefits package.  If an illegal immigrant is in the US getting paid to perform a job their employer is breaking the law.  Crack down on the employers providing the jobs to illegal immigrants then there wouldn't be any jobs to encourage the illegal immigrants to immigrate illegally in the first place.  Oh, but give the job creators a pass, because if they had to hire legal help to perform jobs Americans don't want to do anyway it would increase their costs which they would just pass on to the consumer, right?

A police officer can't stop and question you for the sole purpose of checking your citizenship status.  But, if a police officer stops someone in the normal course of his duties they can question you about your citizenship status.  Probable cause is as easy as, "Oh, I thought I detected the odor of alcohol . . ." or "The automobile swerved . . ." or "The suspect appeared impaired . . ."  I bet a case of beer any police officer can rattle off at least three different generic probable causes off the top of their head that would work in almost any situation to justify stopping anyone at random.  My wife is in a leadership program and one of the things she is required to do is a police ride along.  The police officer asked her what she wanted to do, "Do you want to see a traffic stop because I can make it happen?"

Do you know why Donald Trump says batshit crazy stuff about building walls and forcing Mexico to pay?  Because then no one asks him about why he supports universal healthcare and is Pro Choice which is hilarious because his supporters who love his immigration rhetoric hate that other shit.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/trumps-unspeakable-strategy-to-erase-his-past/458748/