Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcus Hardison
(08-16-2015, 10:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I loved the pick. I love his upside and versatility. I think he is farther along than Still and Hunt at this point in their careers and both made our team. I think he will only get bigger (weight) and stronger with more time over the years in the weight room.

I think Still could be in trouble. I think Peko (Sims) should be very concerned as well if the Bengals decide to go younger and also save 3 million (3.7 from Peko minus anyone they keep in his place).

I like Peko, but he needs to show he is not 2014 Peko who played too many snaps in camp. I think Sims may be the better of the two right now. I think Thompson could back up Sims in 2015.

Was watching a show and they were talking about how the Bengals and AJ weren't rushing into contract talks and would probably try to get something done at the end of this month or just before the season starts, which maybe they could make a decision on Peko, cut him, and use the 3.7 on AJ.  They have somewhere around 17 right now, which would be enough, but maybe they're also just making sure that there's no major camp injuries where they'd need to sign a free agent to a nice-size deal (although I think we're ok because of depth).
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 10:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I loved the pick. I love his upside and versatility. I think he is farther along than Still and Hunt at this point in their careers and both made our team. I think he will only get bigger (weight) and stronger with more time over the years in the weight room.

I think Still could be in trouble. I think Peko (Sims) should be very concerned as well if the Bengals decide to go younger and also save 3 million (3.7 from Peko minus anyone they keep in his place).

I like Peko, but he needs to show he is not 2014 Peko who played too many snaps in camp. I think Sims may be the better of the two right now. I think Thompson could back up Sims in 2015.

Peko isn't going anywhere this year so you can put that thought to bed. Geno, Peko, Thompson, Sims, Hardison are your guys. Have to remember with guys like Gilberry and Clarke, we have big old ends who can kick inside a couple of snaps a game and give flexibility. The people in trouble are Still and Hunt.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 11:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Was watching a show and they were talking about how the Bengals and AJ weren't rushing into contract talks and would probably try to get something done at the end of this month or just before the season starts, which maybe they could make a decision on Peko, cut him, and use the 3.7 on AJ.  They have somewhere around 17 right now, which would be enough, but maybe they're also just making sure that there's no major camp injuries where they'd need to sign a free agent to a nice-size deal (although I think we're ok because of depth).

The Bengals are in great shape with cap space. AJ is already set to count 10 million against the 2015 cap so any contract he signs long term likely to be minimal for 2015 cap if the Bengals choose to add it in 2015 to defer and make other years more manageable (less cap in future years to sign others).

I would not be surprised if the sign AJ long term to then go after IIoka long term and others like Zeitler as they FO seems to do a great job of keeping the nucleus together. I think others may factor into the decision to keep Peko if Sims and Thompson stay healthy and keep playing as well as him. Again, I like Peko more than most, I like Hall more than most, I just feel both should take lower restructured contracts for 2015 (extend Hall, but for less money to keep him a Bengal for life just as the Steelers did a few years ago with Ike Taylor). I think our FO is too loyal to some players who have not played to their contracts so they deserve less pay.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Exactly. Peko is a lock for the team this year. I also think that hall may get restructured and converted to safety.

I see Williams getting a lot of praise, but when he was disruptive it was because hardison was getting double teamed. This is speculation atm because we haven't seen them play against better competition and it was their first game. I will say that Hardison looks like a pup that can turn into a physical specimen if he takes this year to develop and really work on nutrition and power. That said I like the passion out of Williams and Hardison a lot more than Still, Hunt, or Thompson. Still is a feel good story and im glad the team helped him with medical insurance, but the guy is a terrible player at this level.

Either way I'm glad to see some passionate youngsters who are learning from guys like Michael Johnson and Geno Atkins. Lets also not forget that Peko is a great character guy and you simply couldn't ask for a better mentors than these in the NFL.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 11:52 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Peko isn't going anywhere this year so you can put that thought to bed. Geno, Peko, Thompson, Sims, Hardison are your guys. Have to remember with guys like Gilberry and Clarke, we have big old ends who can kick inside a couple of snaps a game and give flexibility. The people in trouble are Still and Hunt.

(08-16-2015, 01:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: Exactly.  Peko is a lock for the team this year.  I also think that hall may get restructured and converted to safety.  

I see Williams getting a lot of praise, but when he was disruptive it was because hardison was getting double teamed.  This is speculation atm because we haven't seen them play against better competition and it was their first game.  I will say that Hardison looks like a pup that can turn into a physical specimen if he takes this year to develop and really work on nutrition and power.  That said I like the passion out of Williams and Hardison a lot more than Still, Hunt, or Thompson.  Still is a feel good story and im glad the team helped him with medical insurance, but the guy is a terrible player at this level.  

Either way I'm glad to see some passionate youngsters who are learning from guys like Michael Johnson and Geno Atkins.  Lets also not forget that Peko is a great character guy and you simply couldn't ask for a better mentors than these in the NFL.

Well thanks a lot. You guys and Fred have just convinced me that once again we will lose in the Playoffs.

Peko makes this a definate.

Dude blowz and Sims is way better and always has been.

Peko is a good guy but that is not what wins in the NFL. We need a pissed off mean DT not a nice samoan who just takes up space.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 11:52 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Peko isn't going anywhere this year so you can put that thought to bed. Geno, Peko, Thompson, Sims, Hardison are your guys. Have to remember with guys like Gilberry and Clarke, we have big old ends who can kick inside a couple of snaps a game and give flexibility. The people in trouble are Still and Hunt.

(08-16-2015, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well thanks a lot. You guys and Fred have just convinced me that once again we will lose in the Playoffs.

Peko is a good guy but that is not what wins in the NFL. We need a pissed off mean DT not a nice samoan who just takes up space.

I really don't want to be to critical of your evaluation skills, but peko is a rotational player on a hopefully deep roster.  The guy isn't injury prone, he knows the defense completely, and is a veteran player of the nfl.  If this roster can't win with him on the team it doesn't deserve to win and its a simple as that. 

In fact I will take it one step further....  If we get to the playoffs and this guy is even a marginal reason why we lose than I will eat a shoe on youtube with his name written on it.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I understand you may be correct, but the reality is Peko and Hall are aging players with huge contracts based in their production. Add in we have not won a playoff game so to never change anything up and continue the same path is risky. Something needs to change to get over the playoff hump versus business as usual in my humble opinion.

I love and praise the FO for loyalty. But, if too loyal, you lose the fear factor and every NFL veteran should have some fear in their NFL career life. If we did cut one or both of those guys, it could inspire others to step up knowing they could be next.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well thanks a lot. You guys and Fred have just convinced me that once again we will lose in the Playoffs.

How on earth is Peko the determining factor for our season?  Even as a starter, he is only 1/22 of the equation and not even that much when you factor in ST's.

Even if he played every down on defense, our season does not run through him.  Take a deep breath, my friend.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude blowz and Sims is way better and always has been.

I smell a troll
Reply/Quote