Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Get a Mike Brown Press Conference This Year?
(01-03-2021, 08:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So, I could be wrong, but I had previously thought that Mike Brown always gave an end of the year press conference the week after the season ended.  

His two annual appearances and media interactions were the end-of-year press conference and the media day thing they do in the summer (the one where they serve Mock Turtle Soup, and no I'm not joking).  Outside of those two interactions, he's been known to make no other public statements.

Anways, last year we didn't get a press conference.  I'm not sure if that's the first time that's happened, of it's just rare when it doesn't.  But I was pretty surprised we didn't see one with the type of season we had.

So the question is, do we get one this year?  Is Mike maybe just too old to be bothered to do this? (I can't blame an 84 year old man not wanting to get up to do a press conference)

I really hope we see something even if Mike isn't able to attend.  Even if it's a Zoom thing with Katie and/or Duke Tobin, I want to see what this front office has to say for themselves.  They at least owe this fanbase some insight into how the intend on moving forward and righthing the wrongs of these last two years.

Are you serious? They do not owe you anything other than "Thanks for caring". You do not own the team they do. If you do not watch somewhat else will.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: or the classic, "We're doing some good things"

When it all come together it’s going to be ?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:06 PM)Destro Wrote: Not familiar with Cincy area reporters. Is there anyone in the local media that actually takes these people to task and make hard hitting questions?

(01-03-2021, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Back when I lived in the area (up til 2013) there really wasn't many who really went in hard on the Bengals. Paul Daugherty sometimes.

Not sure if that's changed since then. It's certainly not New York media.

The beat guys tend to not press hard because it would be detrimental for them. 4-5 of them did a podcast a few years ago where they explained their reasons. They don't want to ruffle feathers since they need to keep lines of communication open with the coaches and players. When they press, it can be met with some consequences, such as a Brad Johansen being replaced as the play-by-play guy on the radio. Reedy and Kat Terrell have both mentioned that Marvin contacted them personally taking exception to an article they wrote at some point.

There was a Dayton reporter a while back that pushed during a press conference and suddenly the team pulled his credentials. The national media actually picked it up and the Bengals then claimed it was an administrative error. The thing is, the national media doesn't really care about us, so if they shut down the local guys, then we're going to get very little info since the national reporters don't care about us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm going to get some real goosebumps if they announce tomorrow that Mike Brown is holding a press conference this week. In my mind, the only reason for it would be to announce that the Zac has been sacked. I don't see MB sitting in front of reporters to talk about two awful seasons and how they're giving Taylor another chance because he's "moving in the right direction."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:37 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Are you serious? They do not owe you anything other than "Thanks for caring". You do not own the team they do. If you do not watch somewhat else will.

[Image: dennys-sign-345.jpg] Post

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote