Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Margus Hunt
We signed Xavier Williams to fill the hole at DT, now we need a body to fill a hole at DE. Might as well sign Hunt, he's experienced and as some have mentioned, he may even knock down a pass or two and help clog the run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Might be time to pull the "Hunt" jersey out of the back of the closet..... shame he can't get 99 again.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We signed Xavier Williams to fill the hole at DT, now we need a body to fill a hole at DE.  Might as well sign Hunt, he's experienced and as some have mentioned, he may even knock down a pass or two and help clog the run.

47 tackles and 2.5 sacks for KC in 2018.

Last seen in New England, where he did nothing. 28 years old.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 47 tackles and 2.5 sacks for KC in 2018.

Last seen in New England, where he did nothing. 28 years old.

Looking at Williams' snap counts, his career production numbers numbers seem to coincide with that of an average starter at NT, even though he's clearly been used off the bench for his entire career.  The highest percentage of snaps he's ever gotten was 36% in 2018.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillXa00.htm

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Give me 35 year old Peko over 33 year old Hunt. (Crazy that they're even close in age)

Plus it'd be nice to see Peko retire as a Bengal.

I'd rather see Peko picked up than Hunt.
Reply/Quote
Didn't Hunt become a little better once he left the Bengals and got more playing time??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Maybe we can get Pat Sims back. Our run defense was always much better in games he played versus games he was out...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 08:29 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We could use both. Peko for his leadership and Hunt for his possible ability to tip passes.

Never like the retread moves except this time. For bringing these guys back. Hunt got much better in Indy and Peko is still in good 
shape and is a run stopper which is what we need.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 07:07 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Didn't Hunt become a little better once he left the Bengals and got more playing time??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes.
Reply/Quote
Dude played good for us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude played good for us.

He really did. It used to amuse the hell outta me to watch him destroy guys who were about to be cut by the Colts at the end of every summer (no wonder they signed the guy), only to do diddly poo during the regular season... But he clearly made some plays this go round in Cincinnati.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote