Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt
(12-25-2016, 09:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3 blocked kicks, isn't is 2 XP and 1 FG?

Also, while that's very very good, the downside is....

Margus Hunt has 17 tackles, 0.0 sacks, 2 Pdef, 0 INT, 0 FF despite playing 28.6% of the defensive snaps. The guy is good on ST, but he's still an atrocious DE. 2nd round pick with 1.5 sacks in 4 years.

Margus is number 2 to Carlos. 
(Although) Carlos has had a significant down year as well playing 72.4% of the defensive snaps. (48 tackles | 7 sacks) compared to last season: 55 tackles | 13.5 sacks)
Peko is getting (on average) 60+% of the defensive snaps featuring 36 tackles | 0 sacks, but behind him is Pat Sims getting 36 tackles | 1 sack.

Why isn't Will Clarke with 15 tackles | 4 sacks playing more snaps, (but) he does fall behind Michael Johnson with his 43 tackles | 3.5 sacks playing 72% of the defensive snaps. 

While Margus seems to be an issue, the only issue I see not enough play-time, and more play-time for ones who are a much bigger issue.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Though it may not be a fast as we would like, there is no denying Hunt is getting better each and every game. He's worth a 2nd contract....
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 03:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Though it may not be a fast as we would like, there is no denying Hunt is getting better each and every game. He's worth a 2nd contract....

Albeit a short one with incentives and options.
Reply/Quote
I doubt we will re-sign him and my guess is some 3/4 team will take a chance on him.
Reply/Quote
I supported Hunt for the first couple of seasons, but he never developed into the player I thought he would. We gave him 4 years and that is enough. I don't see him back next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 03:39 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I doubt we will re-sign him and my guess is some 3/4 team will take a chance on him.

This.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 10:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Those are bust numbers for a 2nd round pick.

Yep.

Hunt is among several names I hope are no longer on the team next season. Peko, Maualuga, Bodine, would not lose any sleep over A. Jones.
Reply/Quote
Hunt will not be back unless the Bengals can get him cheap. I few blocked xp's and fg's do not add up to new contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 03:39 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I doubt we will re-sign him and my guess is some 3/4 team will take a chance on him.

I'm not sure learning a new position would help him as he is already just learning his first one.  That being said, the Bengals seem to like having him line up at RDE, DT, and no LDE.  I wish he and Clarke would start and play a lot against Baltimore.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I supported Hunt for the first couple of seasons, but he never developed into the player I thought he would.  We gave him 4 years and that is enough.  I don't see him back next season.

I know that you will understandably support the coaching staff on his very limited number of snaps, but he made a big difference in the outcome of three out of 15 games.  I don't know many others  that can say that outside Burfict.  
Reply/Quote
Hunt is my hero, if you don't like him go be a brows fan
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I supported Hunt for the first couple of seasons, but he never developed into the player I thought he would.  We gave him 4 years and that is enough.  I don't see him back next season.
Agree with this
Reply/Quote
Go ahead and cut Margus Hunt. A talented defensive coordinator will pick him up for cheap, turn him into a beast, and he'll win a Super Bowl. He will become yet another example of the Bengals being the AAA farm team for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Think he will be cheap enough that it will not be much of a gamble at all signing him to a couple more years to see what develops.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 08:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Hunt is my hero, if you don't like him go be a brows fan

Most likely you'll be following him out of town next month.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 09:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Go ahead and cut Margus Hunt.  A talented defensive coordinator will pick him up for cheap, turn him into a beast, and he'll win a Super Bowl. He will become yet another example of the Bengals being the AAA farm team for the NFL.

Is this a joke?

Please list all of the Bengal players who have gone on to be stars with another team.  I can only think of a couple pover the last decade.

There is plenty of stuff to whine about.  Why make up stuff that just is not true?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 02:06 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Margus is number 2 to Carlos. 
(Although) Carlos has had a significant down year as well playing 72.4% of the defensive snaps. (48 tackles | 7 sacks) compared to last season: 55 tackles | 13.5 sacks)
Peko is getting (on average) 60+% of the defensive snaps featuring 36 tackles | 0 sacks, but behind him is Pat Sims getting 36 tackles | 1 sack.

Why isn't Will Clarke with 15 tackles | 4 sacks playing more snaps, (but) he does fall behind Michael Johnson with his 43 tackles | 3.5 sacks playing 72% of the defensive snaps. 

While Margus seems to be an issue, the only issue I see not enough play-time, and more play-time for ones who are a much bigger issue.

Yup.......more dumbass coaching.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 02:06 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Why isn't Will Clarke with 15 tackles | 4 sacks playing more snaps, (but) he does fall behind Michael Johnson with his 43 tackles | 3.5 sacks playing 72% of the defensive snaps. 

Clarke is not playing more because MJ has been more productive.
Reply/Quote
If Will got as much playing time, I'm sure the production would be about the same/better...but we have no way of knowing that.
Michael hasn't been the same since admittedly accepting defeat after his terrible year in TB...he brought his average play with him...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 12:10 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: If Will got as much playing time, I'm sure the production would be about the same/better...but we have no way of knowing that.

How can you say the production would be better?

MJ has played a little more than twice as many snaps as Clark (782 to 346), but has almost 3 times as many tackles (43 to 15), hurries (16 to "less than 5"), and passes defended (3 to 0), and 2.5 times as many stuffs (5 to 2).

Clarke does have more sacks, but that could just be because he plays mostly on passing downs.  I can't really tell.
Reply/Quote