Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt (Injured) May Miss all of Spring
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/28/8678037/margus-hunt-may-miss-rest-of-otas-per-report-roster-spot-in-jeopardy

Looks like Hunt has sustained an injury. I was okay with the pick when they made it, but I thought there were better players available. Now he's injured and his roster spots in jeopardy.

If anyone wants to go back and look at who was available at his pick. I'd be interested.

Maybe they can trade him to Minnesota for something. Let Zim have a Pet project back
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
I've said before and I'll say again, we should move on. After the first injury he came back and had regressed. He's not a football player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:27 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/28/8678037/margus-hunt-may-miss-rest-of-otas-per-report-roster-spot-in-jeopardy

Looks like Hunt has sustained an injury. I was okay with the pick when they made it, but I thought there were better players available. Now he's injured and his roster spots in jeopardy.

If anyone wants to go back and look at who was available at his pick. I'd be interested.

Maybe they can trade him to Minnesota for something. Let Zim have a Pet project back

The guy has everything to be an amazing defensive player in this league but he lacks the desire. If he could choose between track and football he would choose track 10/10 times.

He has potential but I don't think it'll be reached .
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:27 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/28/8678037/margus-hunt-may-miss-rest-of-otas-per-report-roster-spot-in-jeopardy

I think this is Hunt's last camp with us. This guy has not developed into the player we've hoped for.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Minnesota doesn't want him...  What are they gonna give us for him?... Prince?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 07:11 PM)jason Wrote: Minnesota doesn't want him...  What are they gonna give us for him?... Prince?

Even a 7th round pick would be welcome at this point.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like it may be time to end the Hunt experiment. I'd venture to say that if he doesn't set the world on fire in practice and camp this summer he may be done.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 07:11 PM)jason Wrote: Minnesota doesn't want him...  What are they gonna give us for him?... Prince?

Either that or Walter Mondale...take your pick!
Reply/Quote
Remember just last year when he was destroying people in preseason? I think he can still come around. I'd like to at least see him play out his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
i remember all his cracked helmets.........
thought he was on the cusp of being a beast
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:12 PM)Nizoj Wrote: Remember just last year when he was destroying people in preseason? I think he can still come around. I'd like to at least see him play out his rookie contract.

Against marginal NFL talent he's a stud.
Just like in College when he'd routinely beat up on 18 and 19 year olds and people would go nuts
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Against marginal NFL talent he's a stud.
Just like in College when he'd routinely beat up on 18 and 19 year olds and people would go nuts

Not to mention that he was playing teams in Conference USA, which isn't exactly chock full of powerhouses. 
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is where you wonder if not taking a de anywhere in the draft or signing one as a udfa was a good idea. Outside of Clarke, there's Sam Montgomery as our only prospects in the pipeline. I think the pup idea is a good one. Don't waste the roster spot, but see if you can get a little something out of him late in the season before you give up on him next offseason.

Hunts a disappointing wasted 2nd round pick (along with Still), but MJ being back softens the blow....Hopefully.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=JN.HT8ddJRfznJ0Y8XNhBvR1g&pid=15.1&P=0]

Every deck needs one.

[Image: th?id=JN.MotIdhdQxzyarUNa5nEu1A&pid=15.1&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
While I'll agree Hunt looks to be somewhat of a bust thus far; it was a terrible draft for DEs all around
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Nah.  Prince is too old.  Maybe if it was 1999.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either that or Walter Mondale...take your pick!

I'll take option 3....... Jesse Ventura
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Who?

This is one of those rare failed Bengals picks.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think Margus Hunt is on his way out the door. He was a project that did not work out that well. Plus the other thing that is against him is he is already going to be 28 this year and we have a good young player to take his place in Will Clarke who has a lot of potential. I was 50/50 when we first made the pick but sometimes gambles do not work and it looks like this is one that did not. As for who was available when we took him, we could have gotten Keenan Allen but hindsight is 20/20. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Looks like Hunt is on the decline but Clarke appears to be doing well. Can't win them all I guess.
Reply/Quote