Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt (Injured) May Miss all of Spring
He just can't stay healthy long enough to ever show what he can do. Because of that, his full potential is largely unknown. That's the maddening thing about it.

When does the injury history stop being a run of bad luck and start being a career trend?

I would agree with everyone who said he's in a battle to make the team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 08:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That leaves; Johnson, Dunlap, Gilberry, and Clarke.  Didn't Hardison play DE in college, prior to being shifted down to DT?  Perhaps this will cause the team to keep an extra DT, and use him as the swingman?

But at LDE, that really leaves just Dunlap....none of those other players got much playing time there.  I believe Margus would be best at LDE with his strength, plus he doesn't seem to be very sudden off the line in going against the better LTs of the league.  A RDE in a 4-3 needs to be quick off the line. 

I like Margus a lot, but I think he would have been better off staying at one spot.  I was, however, intrigued at the prospect of a defensive front of Dunlap, Geno, Hunt, and MJ on passing downs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really wonder what happened with Ahmad when he was here. He got a lot of snaps in 06 and looked good. Then he was the #1 hype machine entering 2007. I wasn't impressed with him in the preseason, but then he went nuts in the opener and looked like our play making LB. He gets injured in the 2nd game and Marvin played coy with it. Then we get Zimmer in 08 and it looked like Brooks was never in our plans. We tried him all over and he didn't seem to fit.

I know it took about a year and half in San Fran for him to come around.

It kind of surprised me when we let Brooks go. I know I said he "stunk" but really he was pretty solid for a young player, he just didn't live up to the hype. I think he could've developed into a good player for Cincy just as he did for SF, but I seem to remember him being in Marv's dog house for whatever reason. As bfine pointed out, it could've had something to do with the domestic violence thing. Or like you mentioned, it was Zim's first year, so he maybe Brooks didn't fit what Zim was looking for.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He is the classic example of loos like Tarzan, plays like Jane. I'm not doubting that he's putting in the work, but his technique isn't getting there. He has no idea what to do except push. I hope he gets there, but I see him getting cut before I see him getting any real snaps
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 07:11 PM)jason Wrote: Minnesota doesn't want him...  What are they gonna give us for him?... Prince?

[Image: 08-prince.w529.h529.2x.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 11:47 PM)eoxyod Wrote: He is the classic example of loos like Tarzan, plays like Jane. I'm not doubting that he's putting in the work, but his technique isn't getting there. He has no idea what to do except push. I hope he gets there, but I see him getting cut before I see him getting any real snaps

I remember Zimmer saying he reminded him of JJ Watt. 
That was when I knew no one would get over Hunt as quickly as we should. 

Watt has elite hand usage. Hunt usually forgets he can use his hands. 
Reply/Quote
Hunt and Still are pretty much done as far as I'm concerned. This just confirms Hunt's future.

I'm waiting on Still to be cut on cut down day. His daughter's situation aside, he hasn't earned a spot up to this point.

Reply/Quote
Another classic example of the Bengals drafting a "project" high in the draft. I guess the Bengals didn't learn from the Jerome Simpson project. If your going to make a player your project draft him late. The first two rounds shouldn't be used for projects.
Reply/Quote
I just read another report that no one knows what is wrong with Hunt and that it is likely he will be ready for training camp.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It kind of surprised me when we let Brooks go. I know I said he "stunk" but really he was pretty solid for a young player, he just didn't live up to the hype. I think he could've developed into a good player for Cincy just as he did for SF, but I seem to remember him being in Marv's dog house for whatever reason. As bfine pointed out, it could've had something to do with the domestic violence thing. Or like you mentioned, it was Zim's first year, so he maybe Brooks didn't fit what Zim was looking for.

I seem to remember Brooks being released at final cuts but we wanted to re-sign him.  My belief was that it was a case of wanting to go heavy at another position for week one, while sending Brooks a message about dedication and conduct.  The 49ers swooped in on the waiver wire, and that was that.  I could be wrong, but that is the way I remember it...
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think he is into football, but something just isn't clicking. It's almost like hes not smart enough or something. 

Kind of difficult to make an assessment like that without working with the guy, or having reliable inside information. Could it be he simply doesn't have the talent to play at the pro level?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think he is into football, but something just isn't clicking. It's almost like hes not smart enough or something. 

LOL. Akili Smith scored a 9 on the Wonderlick test and the Bengals still drafted him. I'm pretty sure that Hunt scored higher than that.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 11:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: LOL. Akili Smith scored a 9 on the Wonderlick test and the Bengals still drafted him. I'm pretty sure that Hunt scored higher than that.

Akili was dull. What was Klinger's excuse?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just read another report that no one knows what is wrong with Hunt and that it is likely he will be ready for training camp.

Spontaneous Human Combustion.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:34 AM)Joelist Wrote: Spontaneous Human Combustion.

INDEED
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:34 AM)Joelist Wrote: Spontaneous Human Combustion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6W9iOjTKM
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 06:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I seem to remember Brooks being released at final cuts but we wanted to re-sign him.  My belief was that it was a case of wanting to go heavy at another position for week one, while sending Brooks a message about dedication and conduct.  The 49ers swooped in on the waiver wire, and that was that.  I could be wrong, but that is the way I remember it...

Well the 49ers were the team that wanted him the most, after us, in the 06 supplemental draft. I believe we learned that they were spending a 4th round pick on him so Marvin and Co parted ways with the 3rd rounder to get him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote