Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt (Injured) May Miss all of Spring
Goodbye Margus Hunting

see what I did there? brilliant!
Reply/Quote
Undisclosed injury, but it could land him on the PUP?  Sounds like something serious...perhaps a knee.  That's a damn shame.  I thought with the competition from Clarke and MJ that this would be the season that he contributed. 

I don't buy in to the "not in to football" argument.  The guy has just been unlucky.  When I have seen him play, I have seen flashes of what could be a very good rotational defensive player.  Here's to hoping MJ and Clarke stay healthy or they suddenly become paper thin at a position that we thought was such a strength. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Undisclosed injury, but it could land him on the PUP?  Sounds like something serious...perhaps a knee.  That's a damn shame.  I thought with the competition from Clarke and MJ that this would be the season that he contributed. 

I don't buy in to the "not in to football" argument.  The guy has just been unlucky.  When I have seen him play, I have seen flashes of what could be a very good rotational defensive player.  Here's to hoping MJ and Clarke stay healthy or they suddenly become paper thin at a position that we thought was such a strength. 

That leaves; Johnson, Dunlap, Gilberry, and Clarke.  Didn't Hardison play DE in college, prior to being shifted down to DT?  Perhaps this will cause the team to keep an extra DT, and use him as the swingman?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He will go to the 49'ers and become a stud.
Reply/Quote
Although I agree with what most of you are saying about Hunt, I don't think the Bengals should give up on him. Like most of you said, the guy has potential, he just needs more time.

Whats wrong with keeping him on the practice squad? Let him continue to work and play out his rookie contract. If he doesnt get it by the time thats up, then walk away.

I think dumping him now is a bit premature.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Undisclosed injury, but it could land him on the PUP?  Sounds like something serious...perhaps a knee.  That's a damn shame.  I thought with the competition from Clarke and MJ that this would be the season that he contributed. 

I think he is into football, but something just isn't clicking. It's almost like hes not smart enough or something. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hunt has been slowed by injuries his first two seasons. I still like his potential, but if he doesn't step it up this year it is time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:08 AM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I think Margus Hunt is on his way out the door. He was a project that did not work out that well. Plus the other thing that is against him is he is already going to be 28 this year and we have a good young player to take his place in Will Clarke who has a lot of potential. I was 50/50 when we first made the pick but sometimes gambles do not work and it looks like this is one that did not. As for who was available when we took him, we could have gotten Keenan Allen but hindsight is 20/20. Who Dey

I wanted Keenan Allen... bad. Oh, what if...
Reply/Quote
He's not worth a spot in our roster
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 08:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That leaves; Johnson, Dunlap, Gilberry, and Clarke.  Didn't Hardison play DE in college, prior to being shifted down to DT?  Perhaps this will cause the team to keep an extra DT, and use him as the swingman?

Yes, Hardison played all over the line. The Bengals like to draft guys like that. 

With Hunt being down it won't hurt our depth. we can put him on the PUP and save a spot for another guy that would've been cut. We have too many DL's right now as it is. Someone was going to get cut.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Although I agree with what most of you are saying about Hunt, I don't think the Bengals should give up on him. Like most of you said, the guy has potential, he just needs more time.

Whats wrong with keeping him on the practice squad? Let him continue to work and play out his rookie contract. If he doesnt get it by the time thats up, then walk away.

I think dumping him now is a bit premature.

Can't keep him on the PS, he's ineligible.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:12 PM)Nizoj Wrote: Remember just last year when he was destroying people in preseason? I think he can still come around. I'd like to at least see him play out his rookie contract.

Michael Sam had a couple preseason sacks too and look where he's at.

I'm over Hunt. He's on my short list of players I'd cut to keep Pryor on the 53.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 12:23 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: I wanted Keenan Allen... bad. Oh, what if...

Same here. Sigh...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 10:53 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He will go to the 49'ers and become a stud.

I hope that's not a Justin Smith comparison, because Justin was a stud for the Bengals.

Ahmad Brooks is the only one I can think of that stunk in Cincy and played great in SF.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hope that's not a Justin Smith comparison, because Justin was a stud for the Bengals.

Ahmad Brooks is the only one I can think of that stunk in Cincy and played great in SF.

He'd be great for the 3 years left in his career....
Reply/Quote
I see it as his make or break year.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He'd be great for the 3 years left in his career....

True. He could step right in and fill Justin's role as the respected "wily old veteran" on the d-line.

I know Margus hasn't done anything to really earn respect in the NFL, but if their mama's taught 'em anything, the other 49ers' d-linemen will respect their elder. 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hope that's not a Justin Smith comparison, because Justin was a stud for the Bengals.

I really wonder what happened with Ahmad when he was here. He got a lot of snaps in 06 and looked good. Then he was the #1 hype machine entering 2007. I wasn't impressed with him in the preseason, but then he went nuts in the opener and looked like our play making LB. He gets injured in the 2nd game and Marvin played coy with it. Then we get Zimmer in 08 and it looked like Brooks was never in our plans. We tried him all over and he didn't seem to fit.

I know it took about a year and half in San Fran for him to come around.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really wonder what happened with Ahmad when he was here. He got a lot of snaps in 06 and looked good. Then he was the #1 hype machine entering 2007. I wasn't impressed with him in the preseason, but then he went nuts in the opener and looked like our play making LB. He gets injured in the 2nd game and Marvin played coy with it. Then we get Zimmer in 08 and it looked like Brooks was never in our plans. We tried him all over and he didn't seem to fit.

I know it took about a year and half in San Fran for him to come around.

Thought it was more of a character thing with Brooks. He punched a woman in theface during an argument. he most likely got caught up in the purge. He's also had some off-field issues in San Fran.

As to margus I've always said I'm a much bigger fan of his brother Michael. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think he is into football, but something just isn't clicking. It's almost like hes not smart enough or something. 

I really don't think he is as into football as the rest of the players in the NFL.

I was super high on the kid during the draft, and then during NFL AM or something like that they asked him that if he had the opportunity to still play track would he do that over football and he hesitated. I knew right then that his heart wasn't fully in it, but I thought maybe he could change.

He is a track demigod stuck in football, it must be difficult for him. He went from being the best of his craft to not even a starter, which hopefully is motivation for him, but I have yet to see it.
Reply/Quote