Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt gets a two year extension
Evidently, he wasn't the bust that so many thought he was with the Bengals. Turns out, he may have just not been used correctly. After a productive season as a starter for the Colts, Hunt got a two year $9M extension, with the possibility of another $1M in incentives. I had always hoped he would have a "breakout" season with the Bengals, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm happy for Margus, he's worked hard for that payday.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/03/05/indianapolis-colts-sign-margus-hunt-two-year-contract-extension/3068576002/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It makes me chuckle that he ended up with the team that he used to destroy in the final preseason games while he was a Bengal.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: It makes me chuckle that he ended up with the team that he used to destroy in the final preseason games while he was a Bengal.

You might say that the Colts had a 1st hand look at his potential?   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He was a Zimmer pick and I guarantee that if Zimmer was around for a few more years, he would've gotten him to play to his potential.

Should've taken him to Minnesota with him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Just goes to show how shitty Marvin was and how bad our positional coaches were that they wouldn't/couldn't find ways to utilize his potential and develop his game.

Had all the raw potential in the world but was never used properly or given the opportunity.

The guy was an animal and, if nothing else, we should have used him as a rotational guy or situational guy where we could have used him on passing downs and forced teams to either leave him single blocked (which he would dominate with a little work) or double him, which would free up other guys.

It's a damn shame.

I'm happy for him now, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just goes to show how shitty Marvin was and how bad our positional coaches were that they wouldn't/couldn't find ways to utilize his potential and develop his game.

Had all the raw potential in the world but was never used properly or given the opportunity.

The guy was an animal and, if nothing else, we should have used him as a rotational guy or situational guy where we could have used him on passing downs and forced teams to either leave him single blocked (which he would dominate with a little work) or double him, which would free up other guys.

It's a damn shame.

I'm happy for him now, though.

He didn't have THAT good a season last year: VS people in our team, he was only better than MJ.

Every one else was better.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 09:25 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He didn't have THAT good a season last year: VS people in our team, he was only better than MJ.

Every one else was better.

Great.

Now imagine our current depth at DE PLUS Margus Hunt at his current level of play.

We'd be stacked. Still pretty damning on the coaches if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:36 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Great.

Now imagine our current depth at DE PLUS Margus Hunt at his current level of play.

We'd be stacked. Still pretty damning on the coaches if you ask me.

I think the Colts went ahead and moved him down to DT, where his most effective in one on one matchups.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good for Margus Hunt. He was a fish out of water in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
For the most part, all these kids are somewhat raw coming into the league. It's the coaching staff's job to develop them, and predictably; another epic fail with this guy. Best of luck to him (except when he plays us!)
Reply/Quote
He was picked way too high for a project player and instantly had a bullseye on him.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the fans to scrutinize his play or that pick.

Anyone could easily see he had massive strength and wingspan to get those kicks blocked in college.

However they could also see he had some mental flaws.

Margus tried too hard to pummel his opponent instead of beating them off the block to get to the ball or assist in the play.

That and only that is why he massively failed here.

Whether it was his own growth or better coaching we won't really know.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good for Margus, always liked the guy but he had no bend to play End for us.

He plays well as a pass rusher on the inside and he isn't a bad run stopper. He is better than MJ now that is for sure.

But this is another example of how Marv and company didn't use a player correctly.
Reply/Quote
Margus only had just a few years playing football. He will continue to get better and better as he accumulates seasons....
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 01:41 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: For the most part, all these kids are somewhat raw coming into the league. It's the coaching staff's job to develop them, and predictably; another epic fail with this guy. Best of luck to him (except when he plays us!)

One of the few things I DON'T blame Marv and co. for; Hunt was a Zimmer pick, period. He leaves to coach and leaves a player that HE wanted to mould and develop, in our laps.

I'm 100% certain that if teams drafted 5 players, then immediately had them swapped to another team and vie-versa, you would see a lot of issues, as guys aren't getting who they want.
Reply/Quote