Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt vs. DeShawn Williams
I'm thinking there is one roster spot to be settled 'twixt these two.

This should be an easy call.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We won't go with one back up end. If Hunt or Clarke is cut it's because we've claimed or signed someone after final cuts.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hunt showed pressure. Gave up a few times but not as much as last week. He did just enough to secure his spot.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 11:18 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Hunt showed pressure. Gave up a few times but not as much as last week. He did just enough to secure his spot.

I went out of my way to watch Hunt yesterday. Time after time I saw him getting cleared out of the way on run blocks and failing to generate anything consistent against the Colts' second and third stringers.  Problem is, there isn't much behind him at the DE spot on the current roster.  I think the lack of depth secures his spot for now, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Bengals grabbed a cut player from another team to replace him.  
Reply/Quote
Good point. He improved in this game overall. Still gets pushed in run coverage though.

Who would have though Tate would get cut. Anything can happen.

Reply/Quote
Not sure why people think it's one or the other. I think Williams makes it regardless. If Hunt doesn't make it, it's not because of Williams.

I expect there to be nine DL:
Atkins, Peko, Sims, Williams, Hardison, Dunlap, MJ, Clarke, Hunt

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Hunt and Sims replaced with Werner and Knighton. As long as Hunt is replaced, that's all I care about.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
depends who they can find with b Thompson hurt and hunt playing some DT as well.. he might stick around
Reply/Quote
Anything hunt "showed" last night should be taken with a grain of salt based on the competition. They have given up almost 30 sacks in 4 games in the preseason. They may have the worst O line in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I think that Williams makes it on his own merit. Hunt, I believe gets the axe, as they have Hardison who can play either up or down.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think we may look to some of the cuts, hopefully a vet, to come in and help us out at DE.
Reply/Quote
I'll be shocked if they admit they made a mistake with Hunt by cutting him. But then again I was a bit shocked they cut Tate. I dont know, I think Hunt does stay because if anything he can just use his physique to take up space on the los, making it easier for others around him to make plays. Maybe? Just trying to think what positives he brings to the table as I had skeptical hopes for him when drafted.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Please just put somebody out there who acts like they care.
Reply/Quote
[Image: kufu3q9.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 12:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'll be shocked if they admit they made a mistake with Hunt by cutting him. But then again I was a bit shocked they cut Tate. I dont know, I think Hunt does stay because if anything he can just  use his physique to take up space on the los, making it easier for others around him to make plays. Maybe? Just trying to think what positives he brings to the table as I had skeptical hopes for him when drafted.

I really wish this was the case but he just seems to get moved off the block at will. 
Reply/Quote
Williams > Hunt and it's not even close.

Players like Brown and Dean showed more than Hunt. And Hunt had more playing time and even the same competition and harder competition.

Hunt seems like a good guy. But it's time to let go. He's not good at all.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 10:08 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm thinking there is one roster spot to be settled 'twixt these two.

This should be an easy call.

I think it is more Williams vs Brown.  I don't see them cutting Hunt unless they grab someone after final cuts.  So, that's Dunlap, Peko, Atkins, MJ, Clarke, Hunt, Sims, and Hardison in with Williams and Brown fighting for the 9th spot.  I think Williams has outplayed Brown, but with Thompson hypothetically coming off the PUP mid season, a 5th DE may be more appealing than a 5th DT.
Reply/Quote