Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants
(04-20-2024, 05:58 PM)Dill Wrote: Umm no.  You are someone who set rules for others and breaks them himself: That's not logical consistency.

You're talking about yourself then, yes?

Quote:If I am wrong about that, then you'll be happy to state right now that Tlaib WAS NOT chanting a genocidal slogan.

Possibly, but she's not one I'd give the benefit of the doubt to.  Unfortunately, you guys set the rules here, so a coastguard employee being disciplined for giving the OK sign, or a student being disciplined for the OK sign rather ties your hand here.  Tlaib probably deserves as much benefit of the doubt as MTG, so I'll, again, let you use your own standards to judge her as you have MTG.

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought the left was full of intellectuals? 
It's not hard to understand she's referring to the killer.

But she's still the loudest but not brightest R i've ever met.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 01:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I thought the left was full of intellectuals? 
It's not hard to understand she's referring to the killer.

But she's still the loudest but not brightest R i've ever met.

TBF, MTG never stroked off her date in public while blowing vape smoke in a pregnant woman's face...and then denied it when it was ll on video.

So naturally...

https://www.newsweek.com/lauren-boebert-gets-support-becoming-house-speaker-1892294

Quote:Lauren Boebert Gets Support for Becoming House Speaker

Published Apr 19, 2024 at 12:44 PM EDTUpdated Apr 21, 2024 at 7:44 AM EDT

CLOSE X
Advertisement -1:-2

By Andrew Stanton
Weekend Staff Writer
FOLLOW

[/url]
Representative [url=https://www.newsweek.com/topic/matt-gaetz]Matt Gaetz
 floated the prospect on Thursday that Representative Lauren Boebert could be better suited to serve as House speaker than current Speaker Mike Johnson who continues facing outrage from conservatives over his support for Ukraine aid.

Johnson, a Louisiana Republican, is facing mounting criticism from House conservatives as he pushed forward on a bill to provide supplemental aid to Ukraine, which continues defending its easternmost territories against Russia who invaded the country two years ago. Conservatives have said those funds should instead be spent to secure the U.S.-Mexico border rather than on American allies.

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, last month introduced a motion to vacate against Johnson, but it was unprivileged, meaning it did not automatically compel a vote. Greene has continued to warn Johnson against passing Ukraine aid, with Representative Thomas Massie, a Kentucky Republican, cosponsoring the motion this week.

Gaetz, a Florida Republican, has become increasingly critical of Johnson in recent days, but has not gone as far as to support the motion to vacate. Still, he told reporters on Thursday that he believes at least one member of Congress could make a better leader than Johnson, according to the Washington Examiner.

"I don't know. Ms. Boebert could do better," he said when asked by reporters who may be able to do a better job than Johnson. Boebert, a Colorado Republican, has notably not expressed interest in becoming speaker, and neither Boebert nor Gaetz have called for Johnson's removal.

Newsweek reached out to Johnson and Boebert's offices for comment via email.

The gop is literally ran by the worst of their party in the House and at the RNC level.

I don't think there is anything comparable on the Democrat's side to that.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: TBF, MTG never stroked off her date in public while blowing vape smoke in a pregnant woman's face...and then denied it when it was ll on video.

So naturally...

https://www.newsweek.com/lauren-boebert-gets-support-becoming-house-speaker-1892294

The gop is literally ran by the worst of their party in the House and at the RNC level.

“Sickness is an illusion and does not actually exist.”
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: TBF, MTG never stroked off her date in public while blowing vape smoke in a pregnant woman's face...and then denied it when it was ll on video.

So naturally...

(04-21-2024, 02:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: “Sickness is an illusion and does not actually exist.”

Strike one...
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're talking about yourself then, yes?

A quite inadequate response to many demonstrations (including the one above, #60) quoting your own contradictory statements.  
But you'll never do better than a quip.

(04-20-2024, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Possibly, but she's not one I'd give the benefit of the doubt to.  Unfortunately, you guys set the rules here, so a coastguard employee being disciplined for giving the OK sign, or a student being disciplined for the OK sign rather ties your hand here.  Tlaib probably deserves as much benefit of the doubt as MTG, so I'll, again, let you use your own standards to judge her as you have MTG.

Jeezus.

"My side" did not "set the rules" for Coast Guard policy, nor does some school policy "tie my hands" in assessing Tlaib's actions.

This is just more forcing right-wing, anti-left ideological frame onto events and actors after the fact to reach pre-determined conclusions, as you did on Bpat's aforementioned thread. So natural to you, you don't even realize when you are doing it. It's what you actually "see."  Everywhere.

No stable fact-based analysis or argument can follow from constructing vague entities like "your guys" and then selectively attributing political effects to them, with the goal of conflating judgements of Tlaib and MTG as equally "loony"--i.e., unmoored from factual accountability.  

This was just another diversion from the more serious questions posed by MTG's power, like how many voters can no longer 

1. distinguish between judgements they don't like (like critique of Palestinian dispossession), but which nevertheless have a determinable factual/legal grounding, and judgments which have no such grounding (like the claimed existence of Jewish space lasers and Christian persecution in Ukraine).

2. and to what degree the difference between the two parties is becoming this kind of difference--the inability of a critical mass of voters to recognize absence of factual accountability, and so false equivalence, when they encounter it.  Biden "stole" classified docs too, right? Trump/Biden impeachment on equal legal footing? Biden crime family = Jared's 2 billion and Trump profiteering from office? So hard to choose between a guy who led a coup attempt and one who wants to "destroy" America by taxing the rich and passing infrastructure bills.

From within the Right, which includes right-wing "independents" as well as more traditional registered Republicans, the problem becomes how to marginalize Greene as a "loony" without invoking criteria which would similarly disqualify the consipiracy-generating Dear Leader, who has the overwhelming support of his party as "my side" restricts his free speech right to target a judge's daughter. 
Reply/Quote

So naturally...

Boebert has my backing.  US voters have such short memories. 

The more the nation can see of Republican governance before the election, the better. 
Reply/Quote

A DEM video. sure. TBF, Dino, I don't trust video from either side. Only thing for sure was her 1A right to assemble was infringed upon in this incident.

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??      

[Image: screenshot_2023-09-13_123545.jpg?cb=1694895301]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 02:37 PM)Dill Wrote: A quite inadequate response to many demonstrations (including the one above, #60) quoting your own contradictory statements.  
But you'll never do better than a quip.

Jeezus.

"My side" did not "set the rules" for Coast Guard policy, nor does some school policy "tie my hands" in assessing Tlaib's actions.

This is just more forcing right-wing, anti-left ideological frame onto events and actors after the fact to reach pre-determined conclusions, as you did on Bpat's aforementioned thread. So natural to you, you don't even realize when you are doing it. It's what you actually "see."  Everywhere.

No stable fact-based analysis or argument can follow from constructing vague entities like "your guys" and then selectively attributing political effects to them, with the goal of conflating judgements of Tlaib and MTG as equally "loony"--i.e., unmoored from factual accountability.  

This was just another diversion from the more serious questions posed by MTG's power, like how many voters can no longer 

1. distinguish between judgements they don't like (like critique of Palestinian dispossession), but which nevertheless have a determinable factual/legal grounding, and judgments which have no such grounding (like the claimed existence of Jewish space lasers and Christian persecution in Ukraine).

2. and to what degree the difference between the two parties is becoming this kind of difference--the inability of a critical mass of voters to recognize absence of factual accountability, and so false equivalence, when they encounter it.  Biden "stole" classified docs too, right? Trump/Biden impeachment on equal legal footing? Biden crime family = Jared's 2 billion and Trump profiteering from office? So hard to choose between a guy who led a coup attempt and one who wants to "destroy" America by taxing the rich and passing infrastructure bills.

From within the Right, which includes right-wing "independents" as well as more traditional registered Republicans, the problem becomes how to marginalize Greene as a "loony" without invoking criteria which would similarly disqualify the consipiracy-generating Dear Leader, who has the overwhelming support of his party as "my side" restricts his free speech right to target a judge's daughter. 

You are quite correct, MTG and Tlaib are not the same.  MTG is a loon and Tlaib is a bigot.  Neither are very desirable labels, but I agree there is a difference.

As an aside, it's quite an interesting comment on your person that you could still find a way to vehemently argue in a thread where literally everyone agrees that MTG is an embarrassing buffoon.

Who also looks like The Wrestler.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 03:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You are quite correct, MTG and Tlaib are not the same.  MTG is a loon and Tlaib is a bigot.  Neither are very desirable labels, but I agree there is a difference.

So Tlaib is NOT "loony" then?  

(04-21-2024, 03:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As an aside, it's quite an interesting comment on your person that you could still find a way to vehemently argue in a thread where literally everyone agrees that MTG is an embarrassing buffoon.
WHETHER she was a "buffoon" was never of interest to me.
What's interesting is that not everyone who agrees that MTG is an embarrassing buffoon can agree that Trump is too.
Hence, as I said above, the efforts to minimize her significance and influence in the GOP.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 12:00 PM)Dill Wrote: So Tlaib is NOT "loony" then?  

WHETHER she was a "buffoon" was never of interest to me.
What's interesting is that not everyone who agrees that MTG is an embarrassing buffoon can agree that Trump is too.
Hence, as I said above, the efforts to minimize her significance and influence in the GOP.

I won't comment on the buffoon part, but they are media ho's. lol
Say anything do anything to stay in the spotlight and the media loves to hate them.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 12:00 PM)Dill Wrote: So Tlaib is NOT "loony" then?

That's rather in the eye of the beholder, no?  I would say it is looney to engage in chants used to promote genocide.  I would also say it's looney for a member of Congress not to condemn "Death to America" chants.  You, for one, do not.  Is it as looney as MTG?  Again, a matter of opinion.

Quote:  WHETHER she was a "buffoon" was never of interest to me.

Since we're all here to ensure things are of interest to you I appreciate you informing us.

Quote:What's interesting is that not everyone who agrees that MTG is an embarrassing buffoon can agree that Trump is too.

Well, they are different people and all.  Again, a matter of opinion.

Quote:Hence, as I said above, the efforts to minimize her significance and influence in the GOP.

That's one way to put it.  Another would be to point out that you're trying to overemphasize her role.  Again, a matter of opinion.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's rather in the eye of the beholder, no?  I would say it is looney to engage in chants used to promote genocide.  I would also say it's looney for a member of Congress not to condemn "Death to America" chants.  You, for one, do not.  Is it as looney as MTG?  Again, a matter of opinion.

Since we're all here to ensure things are of interest to you I appreciate you informing us.

Well, they are different people and all.  Again, a matter of opinion.

That's one way to put it.  Another would be to point out that you're trying to overemphasize her role.  Again, a matter of opinion.

So "loony" then. like Jewish lasers.  False equivalence. 
I don't mind condemning "Death to America" chants. But one time should be enough.

And "beholders" eyeing factual evidence and concerned with logical consistency
will certainly have a different "opinion" than people who shy from such accountability
because they want to keep everything "a matter of opinion."  

Breaking down judgment and dispensing with standards protects "opinions" from reality testing.
Some can live comfortably with persistent error by convincing themselves it's all really "opinion."
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 06:32 PM)Dill Wrote: So "loony" then. like Jewish lasers.  False equivalence.

No, not like that, as I specifically stated.  Kindly stop lying.

Quote: 
I don't mind condemning "Death to America" chants. But one time should be enough.

Has she done it? What about "Death to Israel?"

Quote:And "beholders" eyeing factual evidence and concerned with logical consistency
will certainly have a different "opinion" than people who shy from such accountability
because they want to keep everything "a matter of opinion."  

Fascinating, Dill.  I'm sure we know which side you think you're on.

Quote:Breaking down judgment and dispensing with standards protects "opinions" from reality testing.
Some can live comfortably with persistent error by convincing themselves it's all really "opinion."

Even more fascinating.  Scintillating conversation, Dill.  Truly.  As always.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 07:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, not like that, as I specifically stated.  Kindly stop lying.

Has she done it?  What about "Death to Israel?"

Fascinating, Dill.  I'm sure we know which side you think you're on.

Even more fascinating.  Scintillating conversation, Dill.  Truly.  As always.

So not loony then? Seems like the term is to elastic for the point I'm making--
which is that MTG speaks of Jewish lasers because she cannot effectively distinguish
between reality and fantasy.  

Tlaib, on the other hand, can distinguish between criticism of Israel and antisemitism.
That's doing better than most of her accusors.

You aren't working very hard to get this above the threshold of "opinion."
or even of quippery.

But, you sly devil, you've diverted me from the question of Greene, Trump, and GOP judgment.

They are different people and all, but maybe not so much when it comes to judgment.
The use the term "liar" in much the same way, to manage and deflect argument.
They both believe the election was stolen. That's Jewish laser territory.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 08:50 PM)Dill Wrote: So not loony then? Seems like the term is to elastic for the point I'm making--
which is that MTG speaks of Jewish lasers because she cannot effectively distinguish

Tlaib, on the other hand, can distinguish between criticism of Israel and antisemitism.

or even of quippery.

But, you sly devil, you've diverted me from the question of Greene, Trump, and GOP judgment.

They are different people and all, but maybe not so much when it comes to judgment.

I am asking this honestly.  Do you type these out and think to yourself that you're really breaking through and proving your point?  Do you really think you're winning over anyone with your arguments?  

Like I said many posts ago, even in a thread where literally everyone agrees with the thread's premise you found a way to pontificate and disagree. 

[Image: _5S3eP.gif]

Never more appropriate.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 08:50 PM)Dill Wrote: So not loony then? Seems like the term is to elastic for the point I'm making--

or even of quippery.

Now you know what MTG and Boebert's jobs are. Stay on Page 1, and the other political stuff is all page 3-4 fodder and doesn't get in the spotlight. It's a page straight out of Daddy Trumps' book. 

Now that we've cleared that up, Do you know who the Eff i am??? Tongue
Reply/Quote
Honestly, for all I read and listen to about politics I hear much less about AOC than MTG and Boebert.  Those two only want to make noise and grift and they usually sound very dumb when they do.

But the "right" needs someone to compare so they focus on a younger woman that they can say is "stupid" or Tlaib who is foreign born and therefore anything she sys that is "out of line" gets amplified as "go back to where you came from".

That's not to suggest AOC doesn't say or do anything stupid or that Tlaib doesn't say things she should not.  That's to say those two aren't in the forefront of the party like the two repulbican ladies.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:41 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now you know what MTG and Boebert's jobs are. Stay on Page 1, and the other political stuff is all page 3-4 fodder and doesn't get in the spotlight. It's a page straight out of Daddy Trumps' book. 

Now that we've cleared that up, Do you know who the Eff i am??? Tongue

It's not their jobs in the sense that I don't think they're there for that exact reason.  But they certainly do exactly what you describe.

(04-23-2024, 11:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly, for all I read and listen to about politics I hear much less about AOC than MTG and Boebert.  Those two only want to make noise and grift and they usually sound very dumb when they do.

But the "right" needs someone to compare so they focus on a younger woman that they can say is "stupid" or Tlaib who is foreign born and therefore anything she sys that is "out of line" gets amplified as "go back to where you came from".

That's not to suggest AOC doesn't say or do anything stupid or that Tlaib doesn't say things she should not.  That's to say those two aren't in the forefront of the party like the two repulbican ladies.

Dear lord, criticism of Tlaib has nothing to do with her being "foreign born."  Also, AOC isn't at the forefront of the party?  Biden and Sanders apparently think differently.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-and-environment/2974595/biden-bernie-sanders-aoc-earth-day/

“You know, I learned a long time ago to listen to that lady,” Biden said, referencing Ocasio-Cortez, the author of the progressive climate wish list known as the Green New Deal. 

Yeah, definitely not at the forefront.  Oh, she also used the occasion to praise the antisemitic protests at Columbia.  So, maybe she's much more like MTG than we previously thought?

Again, it's hilarious that all the center and right leaning posters can agree on MTG and Boebert, but you left leaning guys just mitigate and excuse every Dem brought up.  Sounds like one side is engaged in more critical thought than the other here.

Reply/Quote