Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Richt out at Georgia
Overall record of 145-51 (83-37 in SEC) in 15 seasons at Georgia.

Led the Bulldogs to a bowl game in every one of those seasons (2015 included)

Alabama DC Kirby Smart is the leading candidate to replace Richt.
Reply/Quote
If Smart is the #1 candidate for them, then he's #1 for two SEC jobs since South Carolina wants him as well.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Smart played at UGA, so I imagine they have the inside track.

It sounds odd, but I get it. UGA has had a ton of talent, but they could never really seem to get over the hump. It could blow up in their faces, but Richt seems to have hit his ceiling there.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 05:30 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Smart played at UGA, so I imagine they have the inside track.

It sounds odd, but I get it. UGA has had a ton of talent, but they could never really seem to get over the hump. It could blow up in their faces, but Richt seems to have hit his ceiling there.

Sounds like another coach, who has been in place for a long period of time...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
In CFB, unless you have a lock to get a better coach (they don't) you shouldn't can the coach.
People forget what UGA and LSU were like before Richt and Miles.

Richt was a few yards from a NC 3 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 06:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: In CFB, unless you have a lock to get a better coach (they don't) you shouldn't can the coach.
People forget what UGA and LSU were like before Richt and Miles.

Richt was a few yards from a NC 3 years ago.

I think LSU might be in more trouble than people think. Miles is perfect as the face of a program, but he really isn't much of an actual football coach. When they had Jimbo Fisher at OC and Bo Pelini or John Chavis at DC things were ok, but now Miles is just hiring his awful friends to fill  vacancies. At this point, Ed Orgeron and Frank Wilson are the only two guys on staff that can actually coach, the rest are basically just recruiters with glorified titles.

Although, I don't really think it matters who the OC is at this point. Miles is the one that is really in charge of the O and he seems to fine with it being atrocious.
Reply/Quote