Poll: Should the team cut Mark Walton for his off-the-field arrests and behavior?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Walton Arrested
(02-16-2019, 01:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm sure Hill's attorney will be back on here claiming we have no right to put Jeremy down.....

Put him down as in like the family pet that developed some mysterious illness?  As his attorney I too would argue for his right to not be put down..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 01:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: More to the story. WTF is it with players hurting women?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article226380530.html

I suspect most of the women you are referring to, are not the type of "women" they hang around with.
If only they would hang out with classy or classier women, the less likely to snap and use physical abuse. Who knows? Coffee
This is all speculation. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:09 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Walton has the size of Gio but the speed of Jeremy Hill.  Wasted pick, and likely on the cut list, and easily replaceable.

Excellent opportunity to cut him or ...wait for it.... trade him. Hilarious   I want to keep Gio 16 yrs in the team like Marvin, with these players, it's doable.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:09 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Walton has the size of Gio but the speed of Jeremy Hill.  Wasted pick, and likely on the cut list, and easily replaceable.

You know how the Bengals roll. They likely drafted Walton to replace Gio once his contract is up.

Walton's in the same boat as Kaaya. Left Miami a year early or would have went higher in the draft the next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: On battery charges.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/16/bengals-rb-mark-walton-arrested-on-battery-charge/

A reach and unnecessary pick to begin with.

Geez, the one thing i liked about him was he had one tough life and was getting out of it.

Completely agree with you though, was a reach and we didn't need a RB, we already had better ones on the roster and we needed an OT or Guard much more in the 4th round and there were plenty of decent ones on the board.
Reply/Quote
They/we all knew the o-line was a weakness and they chose him instead. Decisons like that are why Marvin is no longer here.
Reply/Quote
wow. what a waste.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, the one thing i liked about him was he had one tough life and was getting out of it.

Completely agree with you though, was a reach and we didn't need a RB, we already had better ones on the roster and we needed an OT or Guard much more in the 4th round and there were plenty of decent ones on the board.

The sad part is, ex-HC evens admits our O-line was horrible....
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: When will people learn to not jump to guilty verdict? He may be guilty, but because in your eyes he is a crappy player makes no sense to attack him. There will be plenty of time to attack him if and when he is convicted of something.

Not long ago a video appeared to show a high school kid wearing a red MAGA hate staring down a native Indian. In the end, the kid was 100% innocent, he was the only adult on that scene in my opinion as the native was beating his drum in the kids face, walked over and invaded the kids space. Those who over stepped ruined a 15 year boy's life. When will we learn?

We need to slow down being cop, judge and jury.

I don't think anyone has jump to any conclusions. Pretty much everyone has said he made a bad decision. He could have just as easily moved his car.....
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:12 PM)Okeana Wrote: nah simply a cultural thing.   list everyone listed in NFL domestic abuse in the last 3 years and let's see if we can find a common link.  an environment where violence is normal, no father in the household, and obviously their all young athletic dudes on supplements and roids.

Yes because every NFL player takes roids and isn't tested.

In 2018 there were 4 domestic violence arrests made among NFL players.
Two of those arrests were against Rueben Foster. With both arrests, the charges were dropped by the prosecutors.
Cayleb Jones was arrested for domestic violence, but his father was very much a part of his life.

Aldon Smith is the 4th arrest, and he hasn't played in the NFL since the first week of August in 2015. So it's been almost 4 years since he's been in the NFL.

In 2017 there were 5 arrests.
Two were dropped due to no evidence.
Another was called "non-physical domestic violence"
Roy Miller was arrested for DV, but always had a clean record. His dad was also very much a part of his life. And even after his retirement in the NFL, he continues to go overseas to support the troops because that's what his father instilled upon him.
Can't find out much about Michael Bowie's living situation.

So in the past two years, only 4 still have an ongoing trial. One hasn't been in the NFL since 2015. And the 2 of the other ones had fathers very much a part of their life.

Maybe the cultural thing points back to you, assuming these types of things.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad we wasted two picks on him and the drunk kid...

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The sad part is, ex-HC evens admits our O-line was horrible....

The bright side is he is gone...
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: On battery charges.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/16/bengals-rb-mark-walton-arrested-on-battery-charge/

A reach and unnecessary pick to begin with.

Yep! I never understood the draft pick. Then I didn't understand how he even made the roster after being out played by two other RBs in pre-season.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep! I never understood the draft. Then I didn't understand how he even made the roster after being out played by two other RBs in pre-season.

Brian Hill played WAY better than Walton and has played well every where he has went.

So happy Marv is gone, i could never understand how under him we would let better players go to keep worse ones.

When a player plays well you reward them regardless of where they are drafted.

When a player plays poorly you bench them or cut them regardless of where they are drafted.

This is the way Belichick does it in New England. He cuts 1st rounders sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:05 PM)McC Wrote: How bout just move your damn car?

Again, cultural.  "Don't tell me what to do.."

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brian Hill played WAY better than Walton and has played well every where he has went.

So happy Marv is gone, i could never understand how under him we would let better players go to keep worse ones.

When a player plays well you reward them regardless of where they are drafted.

When a player plays poorly you bench them or cut them regardless of where they are drafted.

This is the way Belichick does it in New England. He cuts 1st rounders sometimes.

Meanwhile, Bengals kept failed pick Ogbuehi on the roster through his 4th year and he ate one of the 53 man spots that could have gone to a guy who actually contributes.

I too am happy Marv is gone.

I'm now hoping the new guy is better, but we won't really know if he is until we see how he does.

Reply/Quote
I feel with most of these guys and their decision making it is more of like my Grandpa use to say "Bud, I am a very handy man but even I can't fix stupid".
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:16 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I feel with most of these guys and their decision making it is more of like my Grandpa use to say "Bud, I am a very handy man but even I can't fix stupid".

Yes.  And there's also a lot of getting caught up in the emotion of the moment and not having a cool enough head to see potential consequences.

Impulse control is so often learned the hard way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Walton has the same jersey number, 32, as Stanley Wilson (drugs), Mitchell Price (rape), Ki Jana Carter (massive injury) and Cedric Benson (DUI). Coincidence? I think not. Only Rudi has escaped the “Bengal 32 curse.” God help the next player to get assigned that number.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 08:36 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Walton has the same jersey number, 32, as Stanley Wilson (drugs), Mitchell Price (rape), Ki Jana Carter (massive injury) and Cedric Benson (DUI). Coincidence? I think not. Only Rudi has escaped the “Bengal 32 curse.” God help the next player to get assigned that number.

You forgot butterfingers.

Reply/Quote