Poll: Should the team cut Mark Walton for his off-the-field arrests and behavior?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Walton Arrested
(02-16-2019, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You forgot butterfingers.

You better respect the champ.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hated when they picked him and laughed when people acted like he was sneaky good pick. He's slow and small. Should have kept Hill.

Brian Hill.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 01:41 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I hated when they picked him and laughed when people acted like he was sneaky good pick. He's slow and small. Should have kept Hill.

Brian Hill.

Slow, small, 2 YPC or so, gets arrested...what a pick!
Reply/Quote
wasnt Walton hurt at Miami?
that kinda of pick shows me how Tobin and Lewis were kind of arrogant and clueless at the same time with the roster.
"watch us we will.show every other team how smart we are
by drafting a RB who spent most his senior year injured but will really impact our offense.."
meanwhile Genard Avery is right there undrafted and a LB that can
rush the passer and play the run too.
Reply/Quote
Does this put RB on the draft list? Not a major need, as Mixon is good, and Gio is good 3rd down/change of pace back. But, Walton wasn't very impressive in his limited action last year, and now this incident likely puts his future with the team in question. If the team cuts Walton loose, the Bengals will have a need for a 3rd RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:12 PM)Okeana Wrote: nah simply a cultural thing.   list everyone listed in NFL domestic abuse in the last 3 years and let's see if we can find a common link.  an environment where violence is normal, no father in the household, and obviously their all young athletic dudes on supplements and roids.

You are making this up.  You have no idea about the backgrounds of all these guys charged.

Just showing off your privilege to judge.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 11:34 AM)impactplaya Wrote: wasnt Walton hurt at Miami?
that kinda of pick shows me how Tobin and Lewis were kind of arrogant and clueless at the same time with the roster.
"watch us we will.show every other team how smart we are
by drafting a RB who spent most his senior year injured but will really impact our offense.."
meanwhile Genard Avery is right there undrafted and a LB that can
rush the passer and play the run too.

Yes. He only played a few games his junior year. I think it was some kind of broken ankle or bad sprain.

He was a really dynamic back when healthy. But, he's not the type of back that can play well without a line in front of him.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 11:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Does this put RB on the draft list?  Not a major need, as Mixon is good, and Gio is good 3rd down/change of pace back.  But, Walton wasn't very impressive in his limited action last year, and now this incident likely puts his future with the team in question.  If the team cuts Walton loose, the Bengals will have a need for a 3rd RB.

I prefer to fix the offensive line which will make all the backs better.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I prefer to fix the offensive line which will make all the backs better.

Yes, that's a given.  The OL needs to be fixed, regardless of what happens with Walton.  That should be addressed in both free agency and the draft.  What I'm asking in this thread is;  Does RB now come onto our draft plan radar?  I'm not suggesting spending a 1st-3rd round pick, but maybe in the 4th-5th there are usually still plenty of workable RBs.  I'm not thinking a 3 down pounder type, but a solid, compact built, good blocking with nice hands type of back.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 11:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Does this put RB on the draft list?  Not a major need, as Mixon is good, and Gio is good 3rd down/change of pace back.  But, Walton wasn't very impressive in his limited action last year, and now this incident likely puts his future with the team in question.  If the team cuts Walton loose, the Bengals will have a need for a 3rd RB.

Mixon and Gio have had some injury issues, but I don't think it's a big need by any means.
There's quite a few guys they could get in round 5 that could be quality backups.
Got some decent free agents too that are under 30.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Meanwhile, Bengals kept failed pick Ogbuehi on the roster through his 4th year and he ate one of the 53 man spots that could have gone to a guy who actually contributes.

I too am happy Marv is gone.

I'm now hoping the new guy is better, but we won't really know if he is until we see how he does.

Yep, we won't know until the season starts, we will get some hints along the way though especially when cuts happen if Taylor has a good eye for talent or not. It is simple, cut the guys who are not as good, keep the better players. Og was clearly the worst OT on the team and has been since he got here. You don't just start a player cause he is a first round pick. You have to eventually realize it was a mistake and make the right move.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 05:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, that's a given.  The OL needs to be fixed, regardless of what happens with Walton.  That should be addressed in both free agency and the draft.  What I'm asking in this thread is;  Does RB now come onto our draft plan radar?  I'm not suggesting spending a 1st-3rd round pick, but maybe in the 4th-5th there are usually still plenty of workable RBs.  I'm not thinking a 3 down pounder type, but a solid, compact built, good blocking with nice hands type of back.

Could probably grab one off someone’s practice squad. Definitely don’t want to use another draft pick on one again this year. Too far down of list of needs.

Reply/Quote
"G'nite!!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.BMrGGSUbm_AqZUBSD3av8gHaFj&pid...=227&h=171]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 05:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, that's a given.  The OL needs to be fixed, regardless of what happens with Walton.  That should be addressed in both free agency and the draft.  What I'm asking in this thread is;  Does RB now come onto our draft plan radar?  I'm not suggesting spending a 1st-3rd round pick, but maybe in the 4th-5th there are usually still plenty of workable RBs.  I'm not thinking a 3 down pounder type, but a solid, compact built, good blocking with nice hands type of back.

Well, if Walton is cut, you most definitely need a 3rd back and the 3rd back will play ST's.  But a late round guy would probably do, probably one of those many 6th rounders, for instance. Or possibly a guy cut from another team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 07:27 PM)McC Wrote: Well, if Walton is cut, you most definitely need a 3rd back and the 3rd back will play ST's.  But a late round guy would probably do, probably one of those many 6th rounders, for instance.  Or possibly a guy cut from another team.

Hmm, maybe so.  I'm thinking that it might be time to start looking for Gio's eventual replacement.  He's still plenty good, but only in his role as 3rd down/change of pace back.  We have seen in years past, that since his knee injury, he can carry a full time load for a game or two, but looks to get worn down after a few weeks of 3 down production.  So, whomever is the 3rd back for the Bengals is actually the 1st backup at RB.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe so.  I'm thinking that it might be time to start looking for Gio's eventual replacement.  He's still plenty good, but only in his role as 3rd down/change of pace back.  We have seen in years past, that since his knee injury, he can carry a full time load for a game or two, but looks to get worn down after a few weeks of 3 down production.  So, whomever is the 3rd back for the Bengals is actually the 1st backup at RB.  

Well, Gio did have the whole second half of last season to rest cuz he wasn't used that much.

But your point is well taken.  If the either the OLine or the LB position is sufficiently addressed n FA, then you would have the luxury of grabbing a back on Day 2, maybe.  RB's do have a relatively short shelf life compared to other positions so it would be better to have one waiting in the wings before he is absolutely needed than not have a viable option there in time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe so.  I'm thinking that it might be time to start looking for Gio's eventual replacement.  He's still plenty good, but only in his role as 3rd down/change of pace back.  We have seen in years past, that since his knee injury, he can carry a full time load for a game or two, but looks to get worn down after a few weeks of 3 down production.  So, whomever is the 3rd back for the Bengals is actually the 1st backup at RB.  

Brian Hill that we didn't keep, had a 115 yard game for the Falcons on 8 carries. He played some snaps late in the year.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 07:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brian Hill that we didn't keep, had a 115 yard game for the Falcons on 8 carries. He played some snaps late in the year.

Dammit!  If it weren't for the team having spent a 3rd round pick on Walton, Hill could have easily been our 3rd RB, last season, with Carson on the PS.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dammit!  If it weren't for the team having spent a 3rd round pick on Walton, Hill could have easily been our 3rd RB, last season, with Carson on the PS.

Yep.

I do kinda get why they took Walton. IF 100% healthy his Junior year, he's maybe a 2nd Round pick. So they thought they were getting value to replace Bernard.

But, Walton struggled behind the offensive line. You can't be tentative and he doesn't have the speed to outrun guys. His instincts weren't there.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep.

I do kinda get why they took Walton. IF 100% healthy his Junior year, he's maybe a 2nd Round pick. So they thought they were getting value to replace Bernard.

But, Walton struggled behind the offensive line. You can't be tentative and he doesn't have the speed to outrun guys. His instincts weren't there.

From the little bit that I saw Walton in action as a Bengal, he had neither the acceleration, nor the decisiveness to be a one cut runner in the NFL.  Wasted pick.  That's just my opinion, but his getting arrested makes it easier for the team to see it that way, too.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote