Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquez Stevenson
I didn't see any draft sections so I wanted our fan base to take a serious look at this young man..This kid a blazer and I really think he'll be a difference maker at the next level..

Right now he's a project third round pick but I'm hoping the bengals take him round 2..6-1 very physical and should run somewhere in the 4.3s I truly think this kid will be special..
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 12:22 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I didn't see any draft sections so I wanted our fan base to take a serious look at this young man..This kid a blazer and I really think he'll be a difference maker at the next level..

Right now he's a project third round pick but I'm hoping the bengals take him round 2..6-1 very physical and should run somewhere in the 4.3s I truly think this kid will be special..
Came in at 5'10 182 lbs in one of threads on WR's a few weeks back.   The bengals won't be drafting any WR in the 2nd round. More than likely it'll be the 3rd-5th if I was to guess.
Reply/Quote
If he's projected 3rd round I'd rather take him at the beginning of the 3rd than the beginning of the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:01 AM)TheFan Wrote: If he's projected 3rd round I'd rather take him at the beginning of the 3rd than the beginning of the 2nd.

I haven't saw him projected anywhere near that high. And if I was gonna take a WR in the 2nd I would take Toney or Wallace.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 12:22 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I didn't see any draft sections so I wanted our fan base to take a serious look at this young man..This kid a blazer and I really think he'll be a difference maker at the next level..

Overview

Scheme-specific developmental prospect who needs to do a better job of matching his play speed with his true speed. Stevenson lacks the ball-tracking and physicality to win contested catches as an outside receiver. He'll be scouted as a slot receiver, but is hindered by unfocused route-running and leggy strides that limit his suddenness to uncover quickly underneath. With coaching, the routes should improve, but he might need a route tree that can keep him on the move and open up chances to separate with his speed. Crossing routes, receiver screens and kick returns show off his instincts as an open-field runner, but he will need to improve his toughness, pass-catching consistency and routes if he wants to make his mark in the pros.
Strengths
  • Clearly has potential for greater development.
  • Nicknamed "Speedy" and with good reason.
  • Instant acceleration propels him past would-be tacklers.
  • Should create workable separation with better route polish.
  • Above-average arm length for his size.
  • Has explosive catch-and-run ability.
  • Above-average feel for exploiting opportunities in the open field.
  • Instinctive kick return talent with three touchdowns over last two years.
Weaknesses
  • Missed time in 2016, 2017 and 2020 due to injury.
  • False steps into routes off the snap.
  • Doesn't always play to his real speed when getting into patterns.
  • Routes are rounded, dull and lack salesmanship.
  • Struggles to track and stack effectively downfield.
  • Below-average upper-body and hand strength to win 50-50 balls.
  • Poor batting average in contested catch situations.
  • Pass-catching hands are passive and he lacks focus at times.
  • Needs to become much more physical and competitive.
Sources Tell Us

"The injuries are starting to stack up, which bothers me because I don't think he's a very strong player. I don't know if he can hold up in our league." -- Scouting director for NFC team

from nfl.com
Reply/Quote
Sorry, with that scouting report I would maybe be willing to drop a 6 or 7 for him, no higher. I've seen too many receivers on our team over the years who run bad routes and drop too many balls. We REALLY need to start emphasizing route running and hands for our wideouts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:17 AM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry, with that scouting report I would maybe be willing to drop a 6 or 7 for him, no higher. I've seen too many receivers on our team over the years who run bad routes and drop too many balls. We REALLY need to start emphasizing route running and hands for our wideouts.

And frequently injured. Can't miss that part.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:17 AM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry, with that scouting report I would maybe be willing to drop a 6 or 7 for him, no higher. I've seen too many receivers on our team over the years who run bad routes and drop too many balls. We REALLY need to start emphasizing route running and hands for our wideouts.

TJ Houshmandzadeh was pretty slow but was one of the crispest route runners to ever wear stripes. He and Chad Johnson really spoiled us when it came to route running. That's why I had so much hope when I heard that TJ was working with John Ross to help him with running routes, but alas, it was not to be.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
He looks good,and has a little size to him ,not tiny and fast. But just seen the injury history which would be concerning.
Reply/Quote

There is a draft section. Go up one level above Jungle Noise, and you should be able to then go to NFL Draft Central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I usually take him in mocks I do. I can reliably get him with a 7th round pick (using him in TDN). The injury history is concerning. The route running stuff could be fixable. If the dude wants to have a long career hopefully he'll put in some extra work getting the playbook down and routes crisp in his early years. If the difference between making $500k/year for 3 years and that's it and making an average of $5 million/year for, say, 7 years of extensions is hiring someone to work with me outside of work, I would absolutely commit my free days to learning those routes perfectly and being able to run them crisply and sell them 100%.

Reply/Quote