Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Married players with kids.
I wonder what percentage of NFL players move their families to the city where they play. Many are single. Very few play long enough so that that have children in school. But if I had kids in school I would not move them all over the country. And if you play in the NFL you know there is a good chance you will change teams.

So I would say it is rare for an NFL player to make his home in the city where he played. I bet back before free agency (92?) it was much more common. Doesn't Munoz still live in Cincinnati?
Reply/Quote
Damn, I was hoping this topic was a pitch for a sequel to "Married with Children" that Netflix could pick up.
I mean, if a crap show like "Full House" can get a sequel called "Fuller House"....
Reply/Quote
A lot of players, especially those on rookie deals don't buy houses but rent condos or apartments.
Guys on 2nd deals will probably buy a house.
Reply/Quote
I think it depends on who you are as a person. Like I'd have to imagine Andy Dalton owns a house in the Cincinnati area, but he obviously spends his off-season in Texas.

Whitworth lives full time in Cincinnati I believe. I believe Peko also lives in Cincy full time.

It just depends on where you consider "home" to be.
Reply/Quote
If you're being paid millions of dollars a year it's not a huge stretch to think you can afford a house in several cities at once and though it sounds impossible they don't all have to be mansions. Most of these guys are only a few years removed from college. Personally if I were a player paid a gazzillion bucks the mansion would just have to wait because few players are going to last more than a few years in the league, but regardless people often move even with kids. Look at military families that move often.. If I were in the league and had 3-4 kids the kids would just have to go where I made my paycheck.. Isn't that the same for most families?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 06:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: If you're being paid millions of dollars a year it's not a huge stretch to think you can afford a house in several cities at once and though it sounds impossible they don't all have to be mansions. Most of these guys are only a few years removed from college. Personally if I were a player paid a gazzillion bucks the mansion would just have to wait because few players are going to last more than a few years in the league, but regardless people often move even with kids. Look at military families that move often.. If I were in the league and had 3-4 kids the kids would just have to go where I made my paycheck.. Isn't that the same for most families?

I was going to make this connection.  I'd also wager guys in the military and pro athletes are attractive prospects for women looking to nest while normal guys are on slower timeframes for relative success.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 05:50 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I think it depends on who you are as a person. Like I'd have to imagine Andy Dalton owns a house in the Cincinnati area, but he obviously spends his off-season in Texas.

Whitworth lives full time in Cincinnati I believe. I believe Peko also lives in Cincy full time.

It just depends on where you consider "home" to be.

Peko lives in Northern Kentucky, but, yes, it's Greater Cincinnati.

I'm pretty sure that there's more players over here, too.
Reply/Quote
People move locations for a whole lot less than the money FAs make. They also know it probably won't last forever.

No offense, but this reads like the values of the middle-aged applied to the young-and-mobile. That said, I think James Harrison's family stayed back in Pittsburgh during his time as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 08:04 PM)TGISunday Wrote: People move locations for a whole lot less than the money FAs make.  They also know it probably won't last forever.

No offense, but this reads like the values of the middle-aged applied to the young-and-mobile.  That said, I think James Harrison's family stayed back in Pittsburgh during his time as a Bengal.

I think James Harrison Stayed back in Pittsburgh during His time as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wonder what percentage of NFL players move their families to the city where they play.  Many are single.  Very few play long enough so that that have children in school.  But if I had kids in school I would not move them all over the country.  And if you play in the NFL you know there is a good chance you will change teams.

So I would say it is rare for an NFL player to make his home in the city where he played.  I bet back before free agency (92?) it was much more common.  Doesn't Munoz still live in Cincinnati?

The one and only player I happen to know, and who plays for the Patriots, keeps his home here, where he grew up. He's got two kids. But he had those kids before being signed by the Patriots and was already established with a house here.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Peko lives in Northern Kentucky, but, yes, it's Greater Cincinnati.

I'm pretty sure that there's more players over here, too.

Andrew Whitworth lived there the 1st time they were on Hard Knocks...  Probably still does.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 10:45 PM)jason Wrote: Andrew Whitworth lived there the 1st time they were on Hard Knocks...  Probably still does.

Probably.

I once saw Mike Brown at a speedway in fairfax, and he was driving a chevy malibu. Youre almost a billionaire and youre driving a chevy malibu? Seriously? Talk about a tight-wad.

Im pretty sure pacman jones lives in anderson township full time, and he has kids. Hes always posting videos on instagram in the anderson area.
Reply/Quote
Andy owns a house in either Mount Adams or Hyde Park. Our kickers live in the area too..of course it helps they were born and raised in Cincinnati and Dayton.

Many of the young guys, especially the practice squad guys and in the season signees live in hotels like the Residence Inn. They don't have to buy or rent furniture, housekeeping is included, free breakfast, and with a 30 day stay the rate becomes more affordble than renting an apartment.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 11:25 PM)Gohards Wrote: Probably.

I once saw Mike Brown at a speedway in fairfax, and he was driving a chevy malibu. Youre almost a billionaire and youre driving a chevy malibu? Seriously? Talk about a tight-wad.

Im pretty sure pacman jones lives in anderson township full time, and he has kids. Hes always posting videos on instagram in the anderson area.

Mike's so tight that he still has his first communion money  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 04:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mike's so tight that he still has his first communion money  ThumbsUp

The thing is, that is actually not far fetched.

Mike brown is the type of guy to not run the heat in his mansion because of utility cost and everybody is freezing but hey mikes not spending money so its okay
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 03:55 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Damn, I was hoping this topic was a pitch for a sequel to "Married with Children" that Netflix could pick up.
I mean, if a crap show like "Full House" can get a sequel called "Fuller House"....

Lmao. I loved that show. I use to watch it every freaking night. Al Bundy was a G!!! lol
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 03:55 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Damn, I was hoping this topic was a pitch for a sequel to "Married with Children" that Netflix could pick up.

It would be "Playas" and not "Players" then would star one of the Wayans brothers debuting on BET.

Married Playas With Kids

Sounds like comedy gold BeepBeepWoo.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 10:45 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It would be "Playas" and not "Players" then would star one of the Wayans brothers debuting on BET.

Married Playas With Kids

Sounds like comedy gold BeepBeepWoo.

Comedy gold and Wayans brothers mentioned within the same galaxy ?. What a concept.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 06:14 PM)grampahol Wrote:  If I were in the league and had 3-4 kids the kids would just have to go where I made my paycheck.. Isn't that the same for most families?

Not with families that can afford to keep two homes and travel a lot.

I would not jerk my kids around from school to school just because I was moving every couple of years.

I woiuld also guess that it is different with coaches because they are pretty much required to be here year round.
Reply/Quote

You can buy the whole 262 episode 11 season collection at Wal-Mart for $29.99. I bought it just a few days ago. Binge watching it while I am out of work sick with Bronchitis. Laughter is the best medicine.
Reply/Quote