Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marshal Faulk .... 16-0 Bengals?
I swear I just saw Marshal Faulk say that we will run the table on our schedule.

Deion about lost it.

Did anyone else see this?
Reply/Quote
I'm as hopeful as the rest of you, but only ONE TEAM has ever gone 16-0. If it were as easy as just "We're probably gonna go 16-0.....because we're already at 8-0, so yeah!" more teams would have done it by now. But they haven't.

I'm not worried about 16-0. As long as we make it to the playoffs and WIN, that's all I care about.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
I give the Bengals about a 2% chance of going 16-0. I pulled that number out of my arse, but I'm serious -- it's not happening.

Just get a first round bye and maybe even home field advantage. Everything else is meaningless.
Reply/Quote
There's really only one team I feel like we'd be an underdog too and that's New England and we won't have to see them till the playoffs so based on that we should go 16-0 but on any given Sunday any team can beat any team and if I was a betting man I'd guess we'll finish 13-3 maybe 14-2 at best
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let me be clear. I'm not saying we are going 16-0.

Just caught me off guard to hear Marshall Faulk say it.

Pretty much sounded like he expected us to be there with the pats for the chance at the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
I would prefer us to go into the the postseason at 15-1 before i would hope for 16-0. The target on their backs and the pressure would be insanely high.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Let me be clear.  I'm not saying we are going 16-0.  

Pretty much sounded like he expected us to be there with the pats for the chance at the super bowl.

Be prepared for Faulk to rip on us for losing a game he thinks we should have won. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Bengals go 16-0. There isn't a more complete team in the NFL right now. The Bengals offense is one of the best in the league, and with Burfict back the defense will be one of the best again. I really don't see any team that can beat us at this point. I know we have a chance at losing a game this season, but I just don't see it happening unless something major happens.

The Cardinals are overrated, and we will beat them at their house. The Rams are a alright team this year, but they don't have any kind of passing game. They might be able to run the ball on us a little, but I expect to win. I don't even know if the Steelers will have Ben back by the time we play them again, and if he is back he will be pretty banged up still. The Broncos only have a defense, and I think that the Bengals offense will be able to overcome their defense. The other games against the Texans, Browns, Ravens, and 49ers I really don't see them having a chance against us.

I don't think people realize how good our defense is going to be with the return of Burfict. The Bengals defense has never been outside of the top 10 when he's on the field. The only team in the entire NFL that get's me nervous is the Patriots. The Patriots don't have anywhere close to the defense we have, and their offense isn't that much better. I think if we could get the #1 seed we would be able to beat the Patriots. Even if we only get the #2 seed I think we could go to Gillette stadium and win.
Reply/Quote
That's quite an endorsement from one of the best RBs I ever saw.

Still, it would be extremely hard to run the table and it seems to me that the Bengals lose one to either the Broncos or Cardinals and another to a lesser team like the 49ers or Browns at Cleveland who somehow pulls off an upset.

Until a couple of weeks ago Green Bay looked invincible and then they kind of got their butts whooped by Denver and then Carolina. It's why I love the NFL. You really never know what's going to happen. But please, somebody beat the Patriots!
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000576336/Who-will-stay-undefeated-the-longest
Reply/Quote
The difficulty in getting to 16-0 are those last two games. The Bengals may well have secured a first round bye at 14-0. At that point there is no way you risk having starters play a full game, especially against teams that will be more than up for trying to burst the Bengals bubble.

Don't get me wrong it could happen, but I think it will probably have to happen with players like Whitworth, Hall, Pacman, Peko etc out resting.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Let me be clear.  I'm not saying we are going 16-0.  

It is not likely that we go 16 - 0, but I think we should be favored in every game except maybe Denver.

It could happen.   Who Dey

At this point, I think that the Patriots, Panthers, and us are the most likely SB winners. With good chances that somebody else wins it.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 03:57 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I'm as hopeful as the rest of you, but only ONE TEAM has ever gone 16-0. If it were as easy as just "We're probably gonna go 16-0.....because we're already at 8-0, so yeah!" more teams would have done it by now. But they haven't.

I'm not worried about 16-0. As long as we make it to the playoffs and WIN, that's all I care about.

Two teams have gone 16-0.  2007 Patriots and the 1972 Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:56 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Bengals go 16-0. There isn't a more complete team in the NFL right now. The Bengals offense is one of the best in the league, and with Burfict back the defense will be one of the best again. I really don't see any team that can beat us at this point. I know we have a chance at losing a game this season, but I just don't see it happening unless something major happens.

The Cardinals are overrated, and we will beat them at their house. The Rams are a alright team this year, but they don't have any kind of passing game. They might be able to run the ball on us a little, but I expect to win. I don't even know if the Steelers will have Ben back by the time we play them again, and if he is back he will be pretty banged up still. The Broncos only have a defense, and I think that the Bengals offense will be able to overcome their defense. The other games against the Texans, Browns, Ravens, and 49ers I really don't see them having a chance against us.

I don't think people realize how good our defense is going to be with the return of Burfict. The Bengals defense has never been outside of the top 10 when he's on the field. The only team in the entire NFL that get's me nervous is the Patriots. The Patriots don't have anywhere close to the defense we have, and their offense isn't that much better. I think if we could get the #1 seed we would be able to beat the Patriots. Even if we only get the #2 seed I think we could go to Gillette stadium and win.

Beating Denver at their place with that defense and their crowd noise will be very, very difficult.   I just think to win that game our defense can't give  up more than 10 points, because points are going to be extremely difficult to come by for our offense due to their exotic blitzes, our OL communication, etc.  Hate to be a downer but it's going to be very difficult.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:14 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Beating Denver at their place with that defense and their crowd noise will be very, very difficult.   I just think to win that game our defense can't give  up more than 10 points, because points are going to be extremely difficult to come by for our offense due to their exotic blitzes, our OL communication, etc.  Hate to be a downer but it's going to be very difficult.

And without Geno.  He either can't play or can't play much in Denver due to his sickle cell trait.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I prefer that we DO NOT go 16-0. There's too much pressure on the team to stay perfect at that point ... plus, a 16-0 record will lead the players to start believing the hype and breathing their own exhaust, which is the perfect recipe for a letdown.

For me, 15-1 or 14-2 would be preferable. That, and not having to play the Squealers in the playoffs after beating them twice in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals schedule is a tough one the rest of the way. Faulk, notorious for hating/snubbing the Bengals, saying acknowledging how strong they look is an interesting step forward in media perception.

Whatever the Bengals end up with in the regular season this year, I hope that fans don't turn on them if they lose a couple of games.

They have been so freaking fortunate in staying healthy. The season will take it's toll so lets hope they can keep it going. Overall, a loss or three or four is not going to change my perception of the Bengals and who they have become. The NFL is tough. They need to keep forging ahead and good things will happen!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:02 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Two teams have gone 16-0.  2007 Patriots and the 1972 Dolphins.

Dolphins went 14-0 because that's how many games there were, and the Patriots actually went 15-1 because Brady got stopped on their final drive but the ref gave the timeout to an assistant coach, which is illegal (Ravens game).

Game should have been over.
Reply/Quote
Dude, look at that schedule, Faulk is right - they're going to run the table, down to the end.

Bengals won't waste their 1 special season to let Brady have his 5th or 6th special season. Maybe they won't be easy wins, but they will win. Superior talent and a little luck. Special teams playermaker (Adam Jones, Huber). Defensive playmakers (Atkins, Dunlap, Johnson). Offensive playmakers out the wingwang. A different person can carry them each week.

Just like everything else Bengals related, their superbowl win will go down with a "but, but, but". So many teams almost went undefeated and so many teams sucked "that year", and the Bengals went 19-0.

The question about resting players will come up, I think resting some players is a detriment to some of them and others know how to stay game-ready. Lastly, it is probably the most difficult thing to do, to go undefeated even in the AFC-N, so if they get 16-0 through the AFC-N that is an amazing feat in itself.

With 3 undefeated teams remaining, it is easy motivation for them to want to keep up. All the knocking down of the Bengals the media has done in the past is adding up now for motivation.

Houston
@ Arizona
STL
@ CLE
Pittsburgh
@ SF
@ DEN
BAL
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:05 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: It is not likely that we go 16 - 0, but I think we should be favored in every game except maybe Denver.

It could happen.   Who Dey

At this point, I think that the Patriots, Panthers, and us are the most likely SB winners.  With good chances that somebody else wins it.

Agree with this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote