Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has been 'the' difference?
Confidence. This team knows they're going to win before they even step out onto the field.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The biggest difference has been health. The other difference is experience. We have a lot of young players who are still getting better, and the team is also getting better from playing as a unit longer.

I don't really buy all this stuff about "confidence", "attitude", "having a chip on their shoulder" etc. None of that helps a team execute better. When teams start executing better than suddenly people claim they have "mental toughness".
Reply/Quote
I don't think you can point to 'the' difference. Great health has been important. We wouldn't be 8-0 without huge seasons from Eifert and Atkins (both injured/not 100% last year). We wouldn't be 8-0 without elite play from Andy Dalton. Hue would win OC of the year if they had such an award. Marv as always is keeping the players focused.

Without any of these things, I don't think the team would be this special.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think you can point to 'the' difference. Great health has been important. We wouldn't be 8-0 without huge seasons from Eifert and Atkins (both injured/not 100% last year). We wouldn't be 8-0 without elite play from Andy Dalton. Hue would win OC of the year if they had such an award. Marv as always is keeping the players focused.

Without any of these things, I don't think the team would be this special.

For me, it's the combination of everything. I've seen teams of the past struggle because of one missing element, if not more. This year so far, it's all falling into place it seems. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:38 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: For me, it's the combination of everything. I've seen teams of the past struggle because of one missing element, if not more. This year so far, it's all falling into place it seems. 

Exactly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has grown up and has become much better mentally but the big thing is a healthy geno MJ and eifert, now with a Healthy burfict it's only going to get better ..
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone missing the obvious difference?

Last year we were posting on the other site.  

This year we are on Bengalsboard.net.

Night and Dey!
Reply/Quote
Synergy. The players are finally believing in themselves and doing their jobs and seeing the results. They are greater as a team than they are with their individual talents. Said another way -- they trust each other and pick the other guy up when there's a let down. You saw it in the Seahawks game when Adam Jones and Dalton fired up both sides of the ball.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote