Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marshal Faulk .... 16-0 Bengals?
Good thing about playing Denver is Peyton will feel effects of cold weather that late into season with him being older . I like our chances in Denver .
Reply/Quote
I know we as Bengal fans aren't used to having nice things.  But this team is just different.  

I love how we are coming together.  It's not impossible to think they can't run the table.   in the same breath I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped one.   But we won't lose to Denver.
Reply/Quote
The chances of any team going undefeated in the NFL are very, very, slim including this season. The competition even from the so called bad teams is just to good.

The chances of two teams going undefeated have to be in the billion to 1 range ! But going undefeated isn't a thing to worry about. Getting the bye and home field advantage is !

Question is what will it take to get that home field ? I can fully see it taking 15-1. Anything less than 14-2 would be a bit of a shock. I don't think Denver has lost their last game and we play them so we kinda have control there to a degree.

I'll be shocked if NE goes less than 14-2, they have a favorable schedule to say the least. Denver just got beat by a mediocre team with a good QB. I'm not convinced Manning can get them there. 14-2 Is probably the absolute best Denver can finish and I'm not even sure they can do that ? 13- 3, 12-4 is probably more realistic for them.

Thing is can we wrestle home field from NE ? The football gods are going to have to smile on us a little I'd say. But at a minimum we need the bye week and one home field game, that's huge !

In my opinion we're the most complete team in the NFL - right now. New England is the one and only team I'd put above us. Just because of experience, all world QB, and probably the best HC in the NFL at game planning to take away what you have and exploiting what he's got.

It's going to be fun to see how it plays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have no idea if this team will have a let down, but I would love to see the tradition of the 72 Dolphin go up in flames. They played a 12 game season against teams with an aggregate .397 winning percentage and only won two legit games, both in the payoffs. I'm not taking credit from all aspect of their season, just tired of them popping even after NE ran off 16 in a row in the regular season.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:08 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It would depend on the strength of schedule, which at this point leans toward New England, and will likely stay that way due to their division being a bit better.

The latest strength of schedule I have seen (dtd 11/4/15) has the Bengals at #8 and New England at #24.
From here on out the Bengals SOS should be even better(Denver,Pitt,AZ,StLouis).
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:08 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It would depend on the strength of schedule, which at this point leans toward New England, and will likely stay that way due to their division being a bit better.

Actually I think after head to head and then conference record is strength of victory.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:12 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Actually I think after head to head and then conference record is strength of victory.

which right now we dont play head to head with NE at least...

And as both havent lost we will have a tied AFC record
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 02:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know we as Bengal fans aren't used to having nice things.  But this team is just different.  

I love how we are coming together.  It's not impossible to think they can't run the table.   in the same breath I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped one.   But we won't lose to Denver.

The thing that I would point to about that Denver game wouldn't be the Broncos themselves. I think it's more about traveling to San fran then turning around and going back out west to Denver. Not to mention they are both Primetime games. And I don't say that because I fear the we may lay an egg in Primetime. I say it because opposing stadiums are hard enough to play in, much less in Primetime. 

This team is fully capable of winning in Denver but that little stretch of traveling Primetime games is worrisome to me,even after watching that game last night. 

Reply/Quote
Will the Bengals do anything differently to prepare for the altitude adjustment in Denver? For example, would they go out a day or two early to practice?
Reply/Quote
I am in no way predicting anything, but... It would be a heck of a thing if the Bengals managed the perfect season in a year when the media is hyping the Patriots chase of the perfect season.
Reply/Quote
The only reason I would want to go 16-0 is if New England does. I think by the end of the year we'll beat them in strength of schedule. The last thing I want is to go play in Foxboro in the playoffs. I still think they cheat there.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 02:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know we as Bengal fans aren't used to having nice things.  But this team is just different.  

You would think not, but going to Mile High and playing a prime time game is going to be a tough one.  Not because of any "struggles" that this team used to have on prime time, but the significant advantage that they have at home.

This team will lose some time.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:13 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: There's really only one team I feel like we'd be an underdog too and that's New England and we won't have to see them till the playoffs so based on that we should go 16-0 but on any given Sunday any team can beat any team and if I was a betting man I'd guess we'll finish 13-3 maybe 14-2 at best

W do play Denver week 15...at Denver. This will be the toughest game for us, IMHO. 

I'm planning on going and being one of the only Bengal fans there. Maybe I'll look for other Denver area Bengal fans who are going and try to get some tix near them? 

There's gotta be more than just us out here, because NO ONE is a Colorado native, lol!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: That is about what ESPN gave them last week.  I imagine that it would have went up since then.  The Patriots were given a 5% chance to finish it out perfect.  I'm not sure how they formulated their numbers, but I don't think either are even as much of a longshot as others do.

Wouldn't it be crazy to see both of them still undefeated going into the AFCC game?

Wanna talk about crazy? Imagine this. Bengals and Patriots both run the table. Meet in the AFCCG. One of them goes to the SB undefeated. What if Carolina runs the table and makes the show? 

Could you imagine a SB with 2 undefeated teams?

Beyond crazy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:12 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Actually I think after head to head and then conference record is strength of victory.

I looked up strength of victory:

Strength of victory is the combined winning percentage of the teams you have beaten.

Strength of schedule is the combined winning percentage of all the team you have played.

If we are tied at 16 - 0, S. of V. and S. of S. are the same things.
Reply/Quote
Personally I'll be happy for 9-0 next Monday. Not really thinking about anything beyond that at this time.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: which right now we dont play head to head with NE at least...  

And as both havent lost we will have a tied AFC record

Which could be why he mentioned strength of victory...

But I already took several things into account....like what Baby Hawk says below:

(11-09-2015, 08:37 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: I looked up strength of victory:

Strength of victory is the combined winning percentage of the teams you have beaten.

Strength of schedule is the combined winning percentage of all the team you have played.

If we are tied at 16 - 0, S. of V. and S. of S. are the same things.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wanna talk about crazy? Imagine this. Bengals and Patriots both run the table. Meet in the AFCCG. One of them goes to the SB undefeated. What if Carolina runs the table and makes the show? 

Could you imagine a SB with 2 undefeated teams?

Beyond crazy.

It's actually pretty crazy that this is still possible...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 11:45 AM)magikod Wrote: I don't think its a good thing you go 16-0.

Remember what happened to the Patriots?

Going 16-0 would be freaking awesome.  If we did and won the SB we would finally have something over PIT.  Six rings?  Really?  Ever gone undefeated?

Not going to happen though.  My guess is 13-3.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote