Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marshawn Lynch
As far as I can tell Hill was misused this year. He should be carrying it 20-25 per game regardless if the line is blocking well or not. You take a big guy and pound him in there and the defense wears down. Helps out quite a bit in the 4th quarter.

Hue didn't seem to coach Hill this year. We didn't see much of anything change as the season went on and I'm not sure why that would be. The run blocking was just mostly bad, which from what I read by Hobson comes down to the team having too many different running plays. But Hue should have known that and changed it at some point during the year.

Of course, hanging on to the ball in key situations is a must. Forget the total fumbles over the year, just can't put the rock on the ground when the game is on the line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: As far as I can tell Hill was misused this year. He should be carrying it 20-25 per game regardless if the line is blocking well or not. You take a big guy and pound him in there and the defense wears down. Helps out quite a bit in the 4th quarter.

Hue didn't seem to coach Hill this year. We didn't see much of anything change as the season went on and I'm not sure why that would be. The run blocking was just mostly bad, which from what I read by Hobson comes down to the team having too many different running plays. But Hue should have known that and changed it at some point during the year.

Of course, hanging on to the ball in key situations is a must. Forget the total fumbles over the year, just can't put the rock on the ground when the game is on the line.

you cant give the ball to hill 20-25 times a game when gio was twice as effective all season HILL has to make the most of his carrys to get more carrys.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you cant give the ball to hill 20-25 times a game when gio was twice as effective all season

Not true actually. Over the last 8 games:

Hill: 450 yards, 6 TDs, 3.8 YPC
Gio: 219 yards, 0 TDs, 3.5 YPC

Gio got off to a hot start, but as far as running the football (which is what we're discussing) he disappeared in the 2nd half of the season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Lynch may retire.
Reply/Quote
Lynch is done, sadly. He was a good player, but he's done.

Even if he wasn't, I still wouldn't take him. Hill had a down year and a very bad play, but people over exaggerate his fumbling problems.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you cant give the ball to hill 20-25 times a game when gio was twice as effective all season  HILL has to make the most of his carrys to get more carrys.

We need to give Hill 25 carries a game no matter how he performs.  So what if our offense drops to the bottom-tier and we start losing games! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not true actually. Over the last 8 games:

Hill: 450 yards, 6 TDs, 3.8 YPC
Gio: 219 yards, 0 TDs, 3.5 YPC

Gio got off to a hot start, but as far as running the football (which is what we're discussing) he disappeared in the 2nd half of the season.

The whole running game kinda disappear4d the second half of the season, didn't it?  Especially when AJM was playing and teams were stacking the LOS.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 03:55 PM)McC Wrote: The whole running game kinda disappear4d the second half of the season, didn't it?  Especially when AJM was playing and teams were stacking the LOS.

The running game did well against the Ravens. Decent-ish against the Broncos. But that's about it.

But Hill did have a good game against the Ravens.

And that's what a ton of teams did. Tried to make McCarron beat them.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lynch and his 30 year old body in it's 11th season and salary can go anywhere else but here.

Agreed.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote