Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marte Called UP
Noelvi Marte will join the big league club today.  

I'm a bit surprised by this.  He'll have to be managed in terms of appearances if the team wants him to be considered a rookie next season.

He's certainly done well enough in AAA to warrant this, so it's yet another very exciting debut for one of this blue chip prospects.

If he can contribute, they may regain the lineup length that dwindled with Fraley and India's departures.
Reply/Quote
Interesting, I figured they wait until September? I guess they know what they're doing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A player shall be considered a rookie unless he has exceeded any of the following thresholds in a previous season (or seasons): 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues. 45 total days on an active Major League roster during the Championship Season (excluding time on the Injured List).

We are currently, at this point in the year, now under the 45 day threshold. And I'd say the AB's are manageable at this point.

We needed another right handed bat for when we face lefties.
Reply/Quote
This is the real beginning of our team being impacted by the Luis Castillo trade (going to disregard the 10.1 innings from Levi Stoudt because they were so limited and ineffectiive).

This tells me that Johnathan India's injury may be long term. Originally slated to come back last week, he had a set back that he blames on the Reds trainers (he started movement after a week, but a second opinion said he should not have done anything for 2 weeks minimum).

If India can't come back this year (and perhaps gets traded over the off season due to breakdowns with the trainers and front office?), then getting Marte a lot of experience will be key.

With this call up, our every day infield will be:
Marte 3B
EDLC SS
McLain 2B
CES 1B

And, when Marte or CES is off, Steer likely takes their spot. Otherwise, Steer will be DH or LF.

An all rookie infield....that's pretty insane.
Reply/Quote
You go, Marie!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 10:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Interesting, I figured they wait until September? I guess they know what they're doing?

So (embarrassingly) something I just found out this week...AAA actually goes to late September now, not ending around Labor Day like before.
Apparently, this happened last year.
Mentioning it because with the minors going on for pretty much the whole MLB season now, there's not really a reason to wait until after Labor Day now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You go, Marie!

I've checked this thread a time or two since posting.  It's speaks volumes about my old man vision that I didn't even notice the typo until just now.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 09:30 PM)samhain Wrote: I've checked this thread a time or two since posting.  It's speaks volumes about my old man vision that I didn't even notice the typo until just now.

You're able to edit the title if you want.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote