Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marv's Pre-Draft Presser
It was mostly a "giant nothingburger" until the very end. Then, he got asked about his expanded role in the draft as a demand in his new contract. He denied that his role in the draft was ever part of the negotiations. I don't see any reason not to believe him. Do you?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The only thing I've ever been able to buy out of Marvin's mouth is his utter contempt for the press.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 05:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The only thing I've ever been able to buy out of Marvin's mouth is his utter contempt for the press.

Yeah, I'm with him on that, too. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 05:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The only thing I've ever been able to buy out of Marvin's mouth is his utter contempt for the press.

He has every reason to be that way considering some of the idiots in there.

We have some really good beat people but the other people in there are a joke.
Reply/Quote
Marvin has a lot to prove and I can’t help but feel this draft could go really bad really fast. Can’t help it. He has that ignorance about him that he’s proven time again.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 05:23 PM)Shady Wrote: It was mostly a "giant nothingburger" until the very end. Then, he got asked about his expanded role in the draft as a demand in his new contract. He denied that his role in the draft was ever part of the negotiations. I don't see any reason not to believe him. Do you?

I thought that was pretty strange. No reason to not believe him.

Saying everything starts and stops with him too.

He is like Bellicheat without the winning.

Draft some good players and win something Marv. Maybe this year he coaches the team to win instead of playing not to lose.

He also said something like he doesnt hear anything. Maybe that explains being here 15 years and not winning shit. Open your ears you moron. Someone might have a better idea than you and losing ass Mikey.
Reply/Quote
We will pick some player out of left field nobody saw coming, he will be injured, miss his first year, have setbacks in his second(due to the first of course) only for news to leak out about how Marvin wanted player B but Mike got his way. Then Marvin gets another extension. Wash rinse repeat.

Break this vicious cycle and fix the damn line. We are on the right track this off season so far, well other than Marvin. If we do get Ragnow in the first and Hernandez or Price in the 2nd I will be happy. I don't see Hernandez lasting that long but players fall every year. I do see Price on the board in the 2nd. I just don't want him in the first. I think Ragnow and Daniels are the top 2 centers, and Price as a guard just in case he's not ready. Other than those 3 the C drop off is pretty big. Take the stud Center while you can.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought that was pretty strange. No reason to not believe him.

Draft some good players and win something Marv. Maybe this year he coaches the team to win instead of playing not to lose.

He also said something like he doesnt hear anything. Maybe that explains being here 15 years and not winning shit. Open your ears you moron. Someone might have a better idea than you and losing ass Mikey.

LMAO  I was waiting for the "I see better than I hear" line. 
At least he saw (or maybe he heard, I don't know) that Paul Alexander was a liability and made that change. 
It was also weird how the video ended so abruptly after his denial. Wonder if the question pissed him off?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Marvin has a lot to prove and I can’t help but feel this draft could go really bad really fast. Can’t help it. He has that ignorance about him that he’s proven time again.

I don't think it can go bad because I think that his coordinators will have a bigger impact on who we take than Marvin or Mike.

Marvin may deny that having more of a say in the draft WASN'T part of his contract, but that's probably because Mike has said that he already has more influence than any other coach he's ever had so he didn't need to demand something that was already unofficially happening.

As far as the topic of the thread, Marvin has never had much to say about anything.  
Reply/Quote
Marv press conferences are nothing but double talk.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is just so gersh dern likeable .
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 05:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The only thing I've ever been able to buy out of Marvin's mouth is his utter contempt for the press.

listening to the dumb repeated questions they always ask  I'm surprised he hasn't gone off on them yet,
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought that was pretty strange. No reason to not believe him.

yeah marvins not a cheater...

If we ever get a SB title with him it wont have a * with it.
Reply/Quote
You really have to respect Marvin's "say nothing, win nothing" way of doing things.
Reply/Quote
Not really sure what people actually expect him to say in these press conferences..
How about, "Yes, everything is my fault and the team owner is a dumbass!"? That's never going to happen.  People who are highly paid usually want to keep their jobs ,but fans want him to cut his own throat on live TV .. That's a tall order wouldn't you say ?
Reply/Quote
Meh.

I cannot wait for the Draft to start. Lets get Ragnow, Wynn, Daniels, Price or McGlinchey please.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:51 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Marv press conferences are nothing but double talk.

And giggling. Lots of giggling.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 01:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And giggling. Lots of giggling.

Marvin is like the postal service.

Rain or shine, win or lose. He’ll deliver a giggle.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Don't forget to drink your ovaltine...

[Image: marvin_lol.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Marvin has a lot to prove and I can’t help but feel this draft could go really bad really fast. Can’t help it. He has that ignorance about him that he’s proven time again.

Words of wisdom....
Reply/Quote