Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marv's record compared to other coaches
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/7/14543038/where-does-marvin-lewis-rank-amongst-the-top-nfl-coaches

This article says it all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But, but, but the 90's?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
The graph is a perfect representation of his situation; he's been so good and bad that's it's almost unheard of to have this kind of "meh" career. You have a small group of good coaches, small of bad, and one legend. Then there's Marvn all by himself.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
My god he's worse than I even thought. ****. Can't believe I'm still a fan of this team. Smh
Reply/Quote
But don't bash him because ppl on here will pull a sarcastic tone on you and act like your stupid smh

Dude has run this team to the ground. This level of accepted mediocrity has NEVER happened in professional sports and our fanbase will have ZERO morale for as long as he's tenured.

How this team is even selling season tickets for next season is beyond me. Like I seriously can't understand why you would buy a seasons worth of tickets if Marvin is still coach

What's even crazier is every post on the 1st page has 100 views easy.

But this one has so little views?

I guess ppl read the title and know it's not gonna be a good thread for Marvin and they just ignore it and act like it's not there?

Folks shit like that is why he's been our coach for 15 years and likely will be for more.

If you see the shit he puts out then openly condemn it or we'll keep getting fed this shit
Reply/Quote
The definition of mediocre.

And the Saints were arguably as bad historically as the Bengals when Payton got there.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 11:46 AM)Housh Wrote: But don't bash him because ppl on here will pull a sarcastic tone on you and act like your stupid smh

Dude has run this team to the ground. This level of accepted mediocrity has NEVER happened in professional sports and our fanbase will have ZERO morale for as long as he's tenured.

How this team is even selling season tickets for next season is beyond me. Like I seriously can't understand why you would buy a seasons worth of tickets if Marvin is still coach

What's even crazier is every post on the 1st page has 100 views easy.

But this one has so little views?

I guess ppl read the title and know it's not gonna be a good thread for Marvin and they just ignore it and act like it's not there?

Folks shit like that is why he's been our coach for 15 years and likely will be for more.

If you see the shit he puts out then openly condemn it or we'll keep getting fed this shit

Agreed...but when you talk about accepted mediocrity...the same GM and management structure is in place that has produced 0 playoff wins over 26+ years.

The current Bengals Management team hasn't won a playoff game since modern free agency began.
Reply/Quote
I see plenty of criticism on here of Marvin Housh.  Hell, I call the whole staff dumbasses, and even have a pet name for them. LMAO

Who's giving you shit over it?  Also, agree with Pistons that Son of Paul is the pits as well.  In fact, he's SO bad, I often find myself wondering if he is more to blame for Marv's failure than Marv is.  Minuscule scouting department, no indoor practice bubble, lowballing FAs, bringing in the character questions because they are cheaper, scrap heap FA signings, letting our better homegrown talent walk, etc., etc.  It's a damn conundrum.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He is mediocre. He is not a championship caliber coach. We will not win a championship with Lewis at the helm.

These are stone cold facts.

But hey, we once had Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet as our coaches so it could be worse right?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 11:13 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But, but, but the 90's?

That's the old familiar refrain, isn't it?  We can't move on from Marvin because we could fail miserably.  So, best to not even try.  Keep Marvin and we all make one more trip around the sun, nice and comfy, knowing that while we'll never win a SB, we'll also never have another Dave Shula experience.  Hooray.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I was 21 when Marv was hired, now I'm 36. I've given up hope that Marv will ever be fired a long time ago.

What's left to say? I haven't bought any Bengals merch since the Chargers debacle, but Mike couldn't care less.

The man is going to do what he wants, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 02:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was 21 when Marv was hired, now I'm 36. I've given up hope that Marv will ever be fired a long time ago.

What's left to say? I haven't bought any Bengals merch since the Chargers debacle, but Mike couldn't care less.

The man is going to do what he wants, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I was 21 when Mike took over the reigns.

I haven't seen a playoff win since I reached the legal drinking age, but I have done a whole lot of drinking since then.  Drunk
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 02:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was 21 when Marv was hired, now I'm 36. I've given up hope that Marv will ever be fired a long time ago.

I'm going to be 30 during Marvin's 15th season at the helm.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was 21 when Mike took over the reigns.

I haven't seen a playoff win since I reached the legal drinking age, but I have done a whole lot of drinking since then.  Drunk

I was 14.....I'll be 41 during Marv's 15th reign of mediocrity. Mellow

Reply/Quote
I have written this elsewhere but will repeat.

Sam Wyche is probably the second best coach in team history or maybe third after Paul Brown and Forrest Greg.

Why wasn't Mike patient with Sam who had an outstanding record compared to Marv?

I think the answer is all about control and deferring to Mike versus a coach who was a type A workaholic who demanded excellence and innovation and fought for his ideals and high standards when different or in conflict with Mike.

Same was a great head coach and we have not had one since.

If we go back in history and keep Sam, I promise we would have had one or more Super Bowl trophies.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 05:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have written this elsewhere but will repeat.

Sam Wyche is probably the second best coach in team history or maybe third after Paul Brown and Forrest Greg.

Why wasn't Mike patient with Sam who had an outstanding record compared to Marv?

I think the answer is all about control and deferring to Mike versus a coach who was a type A workaholic who demanded excellence and innovation and fight for his ideals and high standards when different or in conflict with Mike.

Same was a great head coach and we have not had one since.

If we go back in history and keep Sam, I promise we would have had one or more Super Bowl trophies.

I agree.  In fact, it seems I read somewhere that Sam and Mike had been a part of more than one personnel dispute before the old man passed on.  Mike was not going to be challenged.

We may not have a Lombardi if Sam had stayed, but I guaran-damn-tee you there would have been a couple of runs at it, the 90s would not have been as bad, and we would have won a few damn playoff games by now.  If Sam has a chance at the rosters Mediocre Marv has had, he probably does have a ring......and lifers like Piano Man would either be gone, or just coaches in name only, as Wyche and HIS assistants would most likely render them a non factor.  

Wyche went on to what was the worst franchise in the NFL, and was 7-9 in his last season, having drafting the cornerstones to what would become a Super Bowl Champ.  If only Son of Paul wasn't such an egotistical, cheap, dumbass.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 05:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.  In fact, it seems I read somewhere that Sam and Mike had been a part of more than one personnel dispute before the old man passed on.  Mike was not going to be challenged.

We may not have a Lombardi if Sam had stayed, but I guaran-damn-tee you there would have been a couple of runs at it, the 90s would not have been as bad, and we would have won a few damn playoff games by now.  If Sam has a chance at the rosters Mediocre Marv has had, he probably does have a ring......and lifers like Piano Man would either be gone, or just coaches in name only, as Wyche and HIS assistants would most likely render them a non factor.  

Wyche went on to what was the worst franchise in the NFL, and was 7-9 in his last season, having drafting the cornerstones to what would become a Super Bowl Champ. If only Son of Paul wasn't such an egotistical, cheap, dumbass.

Mike fancies himself the football whisperer. Why ? who the hell knows

And I don't buy for a second the narrative that Mike has stepped waaaayyy back and is letting others make all the decisions, BS. Mike has taken maybe 1/3 a baby step back. His stamp of approval has to still be on everything.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 09:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike fancies himself the football whisperer. Why ? who the hell knows

And I don't guy for a second the narrative that Mike has stepped waaaayyy back and is letting others make all the decisions, BS. Mike has taken maybe 1/3 a baby step back. His stamp of approval has to still be on everything.

It sure seems that way.....especially after the Zampese promotion.  That had cheap/lazy Mike Clown decision written all over it.  To be fair to Marv, it seems Gruden and Jackson were innovative and savvy enough to coach around the shortcomings of PA's outdated schemes.  Zampese doesn't have it in him.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 09:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: It sure seems that way.....especially after the Zampese promotion.  That had cheap/lazy Mike Clown decision written all over it.  To be fair to Marv, it seems Gruden and Jackson were innovative and savvy enough to coach around the shortcomings of PA's outdated schemes.  Zampese doesn't have it in him.

Yup,

I think McC nailed it with the Joseph Goebbels reference = Geoff Hobson. I mean P. Alexander is another example of the Dictator (son of Paul) still running the show. PA is like Hermann Goering, the fat, bumbling, 2nd in command who has no idea what he's doing.
Reply/Quote
Yep. The biggest reason I can't support Lewis is having never won a single bloody playoff game ever. And that's when he occasionally brings The Bengals to the post season.

At this point if Cincys lining up against you in the playoffs it's viewed as an unofficial bye week. Sad
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote