Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin
It's time for this guy to understand that the league has changed and change with it,I've been the biggest marvin defender since he came to Cincinnati...The time has come to look in the mirror..

How about some defensive aggression??how about some creative blitz packages that can actually showcase the speed we possess on defense and actually helps the dline to generate more pressure on the qb??how about not continuing to play soft zone defense with a 4 man rush when it's clear the linebackers can't cover a fold up chair with a 20ft blanket???

How about thinking outside the box and not recruiting coordinators in which you share same philosophy???how about truly changing the gameplan based on a team by team basis and coming out with the same damn gameplan week in and week out???

We're truly tired of this 4man rush garbage every single week,can we please get one game where we're just willing to bring the house even if we give up some big plays..I think I speak for us all when I say it's either find a sack of n#ts or get the hell out of town...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 03:33 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: It's time for this guy to understand that the league has changed and change with it,I've been the biggest marvin defender since he came to Cincinnati...The time has come to look in the mirror..

How about some defensive aggression??how about some creative blitz packages that can actually showcase the speed we possess on defense and actually helps the dline to generate more pressure on the qb??how about not continuing to play soft zone defense with a 4 man rush when it's clear the linebackers can't cover a fold up chair with a 20ft blanket???

How about thinking outside the box and not recruiting coordinators in which you share same philosophy???how about truly changing the gameplan based on a team by team basis and coming out with the same damn gameplan week in and week out???

We're truly tired of this 4man rush garbage every single week,can we please get one game where we're just willing to bring the house even if we give up some big plays..I think I speak for us all when I say it's either find a sack of n#ts or get the hell out of town...

8&8 poor coaching.austin is a joke and is too stubborn to see he is an idiot.None of these coaches show any emotion on sidelines.I hate them all.fire marvin and mikey boy please step down and go play chess with your buddies.Now here this.I am a former decorated Vietnam Veteran and I am pippin for the head coaching job for our Bengals.Believe me,I WILL MAKE A DIFFERANCE and we will win at all costs.Never Quit,Never give up.The first thing I would do is drive to pissburg and beat hell out of Mike Tomlin.He so deserves it.Next I would make sure we win all remaining games. Please vote for me. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 04:12 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: 8&8 poor coaching.austin is a joke and is too stubborn to see he is an idiot.None of these coaches show any emotion on sidelines.I hate them all.fire marvin and mikey boy please step down and go play chess with your buddies.Now here this.I am a former decorated Vietnam Veteran and I am pippin for the head coaching job for our Bengals.Believe me,I WILL MAKE A DIFFERANCE and we will win at all costs.Never Quit,Never give up.The first thing I would do is drive to pissburg and beat hell out of Mike Tomlin.He so deserves it.Next I would make sure we win all remaining games. Please vote for me. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Interesting you say "former" decorated Vietnam Vet? So now you are not decorated??  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 04:12 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: 8&8 poor coaching.austin is a joke and is too stubborn to see he is an idiot.None of these coaches show any emotion on sidelines.I hate them all.fire marvin and mikey boy please step down and go play chess with your buddies.Now here this.I am a former decorated Vietnam Veteran and I am pippin for the head coaching job for our Bengals.Believe me,I WILL MAKE A DIFFERANCE and we will win at all costs.Never Quit,Never give up.The first thing I would do is drive to pissburg and beat hell out of Mike Tomlin.He so deserves it.Next I would make sure we win all remaining games. Please vote for me. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Best.post.Ever.i’ll fight Anyone that disagrees.
Reply/Quote

Almost feel like I should call Heinz Field and warn Tomlin to be on the lookout for an impending ass beating.

Almost.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 03:33 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: It's time for this guy to understand that the league has changed and change with it,I've been the biggest marvin defender since he came to Cincinnati...The time has come to look in the mirror..

That all sounds well and good, but until you solve that gaping hole at NT?  There isn't anything that will work effectively.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That all sounds well and good, but until you solve that gaping hole at NT?  There isn't anything that will work effectively.

That's just not true at all,we are far too predictable as a defense we only sent extra rushers three times in entire game where the QB had all day to throw..even though 2 of the blitzes got got beat I would love to more blitz calls but more creative calls..

The first one ben took a shot deep down the right sideline overthrowing Antonio brown on step for step coverage by drek..The second blitz is where darqueze dennard mistimed his jump and juju took the ball from him,and the third blitz call was the stupid zero coverage...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 08:56 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: That's just not true at all,we are far too predictable as a defense we only sent extra rushers three times in entire game where the QB had all day to throw..even though 2 of the blitzes got got beat I would love to more blitz calls but more creative calls..

The first one ben took a shot deep down the right sideline overthrowing Antonio brown on step for step coverage by drek..The second blitz is where darqueze dennard mistimed his jump and juju took the ball from him,and the third blitz call was the stupid zero coverage...

just to recap.  Every time the Bengals sent extra rushers, the Steelers either beat us, or could have easily, if not for an errant throw.  Got it.  Sure, we should have rushed the shit out of them.  That is some good stuff.  Ever thought about sending Marvin an email?  ThumbsUp 

Meanwhile, back in reality...  The Steeler's OL was getting zero calls for holding, all day long.  When they weren't holding, they were doing a damn good job of neutralizing some of the best pass rushers in football.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: just to recap.  Every time the Bengals sent extra rushers, the Steelers either beat us, or could have easily, if not for an errant throw.  Got it.  Sure, we should have rushed the shit out of them.  That is some good stuff.  Ever thought about sending Marvin an email?  ThumbsUp 

Meanwhile, back in reality...  The Steeler's OL was getting zero calls for holding, all day long.  When they weren't holding, they were doing a damn good job of neutralizing some of the best pass rushers in football.
We sent extra rushers 3 times and dennard should've at the least knocked the ball down, on the other blitz drek had excellent coverage forcing an incompletion,and the final blitz call was the stupid zero coverage call do you know football??

You can't just rush 4 all game,you can send extra rushers and try to protect against the deep shot, you have heard of fire zones and cover 1 techniques right???fact of the matter is our defense coaches are chicken shit plain and simple 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:42 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: We sent extra rushers 3 times and dennard should've at the least knocked the ball down, on the other blitz drek had excellent coverage forcing an incompletion,and the final blitz call was the stupid zero coverage call do you know football??

You can't just rush 4 all game,you can send extra rushers and try to protect against the deep shot, you have heard of fire zones and cover 1 techniques right???fact of the matter is our defense coaches are chicken shit plain and simple 

Lol, blitzes are a gamble.  Every time they did gamble on sending extra rushers, they lost, or came close to complete disaster.  When a team does blitz?  They better be sure that they found a weak point to exploit.  Obviously, the Bengals found no weak point.

Just for kicks, who on the Steelers OL do you think that the Bengals should have overloaded more often?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 04:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Interesting you say "former" decorated Vietnam Vet? So now you are not decorated??  

(10-16-2018, 04:29 PM)motoarch Wrote: Best.post.Ever.i’ll fight Anyone that disagrees.
C'mon boys... I think this guy is trying to get the A-Team back together!!

Kickin' ass and getting vengeance after being wronged.

[Image: th?id=OIP.NY7dm3GsjhC6Qgdb8fi24wHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, blitzes are a gamble.  Every time they did gamble on sending extra rushers, they lost, or came close to complete disaster.  When a team does blitz?  They better be sure that they found a weak point to exploit.  Obviously, the Bengals found no weak point.

Just for kicks, who on the Steelers OL do you think that the Bengals should have overloaded more often?
You do know that this is the third consecutive year that we have the lowest blitz percentage in the entire league???right now we're we've only blitzed on 9.8 percent of offensive snaps???you can't preach turnovers and not try to enhance your chances of causing them...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:56 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: You do know that this is the third consecutive year that we have the lowest blitz percentage in the entire league???right now we're we've only blitzed on 9.8 percent of offensive snaps???you can't preach turnovers and not try to enhance your chances of causing them...

You're missing my entire point.  If you have a bona fide NT to eat up two blockers, you can pick your hole to blitz.  When your NT can be handled by a Guard, it muddles the water a bit, when it comes to blitzing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So do hate Marvin or love Marvin now? I’m so confused by this freaking forum.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:10 PM)motoarch Wrote: So do hate Marvin or love Marvin now? I’m so confused by this freaking forum.

Marvin licks hamster balls!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:10 PM)motoarch Wrote: So do hate Marvin or love Marvin now?  I’m so confused by this freaking forum.

I don't hate marvin because I truly do understand what he's accomplished and where he brought this team from, but at the same time I now understand that alot of the defensive philosophy comes from him, we've lost to Pittsburgh the exact same way 7 times in a row..

The defensive gameplan hasn't changed,how about one gameplan that's clearly different,not the rush 4 and play on your heels approach every single week it's frustrating and it's marvin and if it doesn't change marvin should be shown the door honestly...
Reply/Quote
Ge5 rhe fuxk ourta hee we re....

Hoooooookkkdey!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:28 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I don't hate marvin because I truly do understand what he's accomplished and where he brought this team from, but at the same time I now understand that alot of the defensive philosophy comes from him, we've lost to Pittsburgh the exact same way 7 times in a row..

The defensive gameplan hasn't changed,how about one gameplan that's clearly different,not the rush 4 and play on your heels approach every single week it's frustrating and it's marvin and if it doesn't change marvin should be shown the door honestly...

What makes anyone think midway through his 16th season he will change anything. I used to feel bad for the guy knowing he was handcuffed by Mike most of these years. Now I'm just pissed at him for coaching like he has another 15 years job security while giving the fans a huge F U with this shit he puts out on the field each week.
Reply/Quote

On one hand you sound legitimately insane and incredibly unqualified for that job.

On the the other hand, if we hired you as head coach in 2003 there is zero chance Marvin would have more playoff wins than you right now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 03:33 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: How about some defensive aggression??

You mean like calling a cover zero all out blitz and getting burned for a TD by a bubble screen?
Reply/Quote