Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin
(10-16-2018, 04:12 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: 8&8 poor coaching.austin is a joke and is too stubborn to see he is an idiot.None of these coaches show any emotion on sidelines.I hate them all.fire marvin and mikey boy please step down and go play chess with your buddies.Now here this.I am a former decorated Vietnam Veteran and I am pippin for the head coaching job for our Bengals.Believe me,I WILL MAKE A DIFFERANCE and we will win at all costs.Never Quit,Never give up.The first thing I would do is drive to pissburg and beat hell out of Mike Tomlin.He so deserves it.Next I would make sure we win all remaining games. Please vote for me. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Vote for you?  Since when are coaches an elected position?  Ok, sure.. I'll vote for you and Mike Brown will veto you 101 out of 100 times . Get this through your heads kids. Football is NOT a democratic process. It's a dictatorship or more of an oligarchy. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 03:33 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: It's time for this guy to understand that the league has changed and change with it,I've been the biggest marvin defender since he came to Cincinnati...The time has come to look in the mirror..

How about some defensive aggression??how about some creative blitz packages that can actually showcase the speed we possess on defense and actually helps the dline to generate more pressure on the qb??how about not continuing to play soft zone defense with a 4 man rush when it's clear the linebackers can't cover a fold up chair with a 20ft blanket???

How about thinking outside the box and not recruiting coordinators in which you share same philosophy???how about truly changing the gameplan based on a team by team basis and coming out with the same damn gameplan week in and week out???

We're truly tired of this 4man rush garbage every single week,can we please get one game where we're just willing to bring the house even if we give up some big plays..I think I speak for us all when I say it's either find a sack of n#ts or get the hell out of town...

I brought this up several times in the offseason and we saw it in week 1 and I knew we still didn't have an answer:  When teams go maximum protection, we have no answer.  There needs to be a LB that realizes the extra man blocking and blitzes.  We are way too conservative and we seem to wait and hope for the other team to make a bad throw or something rather than force the issue.  The one time we go cover zero, which I was not opposed to, there was a critical error by a backup CB.  Pick play or not, we're the Bengals and I don't think I have ever seen that called for them.  I would like to see more variety of safety blitzes and LBs blitzing with the likes of Evans and Burfict.  

The offense is clearly good enough to make a run in the postseason.  The defense is not.  Something has to change.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:56 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: You do know that this is the third consecutive year that we have the lowest blitz percentage in the entire league???right now we're we've only blitzed on 9.8 percent of offensive snaps???you can't preach turnovers and not try to enhance your chances of causing them...

Apparently you can, and they even got a couple incredibly lucky bounces to win a game against Miami, but against the best team, it simply isn't happening.

There is an old saying in the military:  "Hope is not a strategy".  
Reply/Quote