Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin?
If the only way Zac gets fired would be to replace him with Marvin, would you do it. Marvin will be head coach, Zac and all Coordinators will be fired in this scenario. Or do you ride it out with Zac and just hope some coordinator changes are made in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
No ***** chance. Do you remember how bad his last three seasons were?
Reply/Quote
If I had to choose between the two, I take Marvin back in a heartbeat.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If I had to choose between the two, I take Marvin back in a heartbeat.

Wow really
Reply/Quote
Ah.......no.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be fine with Marvin replacing Tobin, but that won't happen either.
Reply/Quote
Marvin did know how to bring along (develop) a Franchise QB (run game).

I'd trust Burrow's development under him over Taylors at this point.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We have jumped the shark.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:27 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wow really

Yes.

Veteran HC that has actually had successful seasons in the NFL vs this "all talk and no game" loser?  

But again, this is between these two options.  It's rather have neither of them.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I would take marvin in a heartbeat in here's why-
Marvin took over a 2-14 team and went 8-8 in his first season..Marvin would hire a real oc and let him do his job instead of trying to do it himself especially when he has no proven track record of doing such a thing..

Marvin had basically a rookie qb in his second season and still finished 8-8..The NFL is truly a results based business and zac's not getting it done..The offensive line is a mess and been so for the last 4 years,how is it that this wasn't zac's number 1 priority??if offense is your thing how in the world do you not make the oline priority number 1??drew sample in the second round when we could've drafted D.K Metcalf or a offensive lineman??like really these are the decisions that's killing us right now..
Reply/Quote
Marvin couldn't adapt to the new ERA of the NFL.

Not to mention he's super loyal like Mike Brown to his Vets which has gave us the shi**** teams we've had lately.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Id take Marvin.back

Sometimes taking a proverbial sabbatical for 2 years
Can give one a new perspective and fresh new outlook.
Marvin was burned out lets face it.

Marvin.could breathe some new life in a lockeroom that
Is 3 and 18 and 1 under Taylor

Simply ZT isnt winning. He has no resume of winning before he
Arrived here. And at a levels beneath the NFL level
No less.

If Marvin.was here now he would be better than 1 3 and 1,now
Reply/Quote
If Marvin hadn't already had his fair share of time here, maybe. In vacuum, Marvin is worlds better than Taylor. Marvin could at least bring in competent to good assistants here and there with a few real home runs on that front. I didn't see assistants coming in here for interviews and laughing at Marv. I can't ever recall him ever having to settle for his 11th choice for D-coordinator.

I'd have loved to have seen Marvin get the kind of slack Taylor and his buddies got last offseason in terms of free agent spend.
Reply/Quote
Marvin left this team with the worst OL ever, the worst LB core ever, and a bunch of aging vets who were passed their prime, and hadnt had a good draft in years. Williams, Sample and Pratt are already better than a lot of Marvins recent picks. The LBs we drafted this year look to end up being better than any of Marvin the LB whisperer's LBs outside of Burfict.

We are in this situation largely because of Marvin. It wasnt ZT who let Whit go and drafted Ced O, Billy Price and brough Hart in. It was Marvin. The team he left us needed more than 1 offseason to fix. There is no sugar coating how bad this roster was when he was fired. ZT inherited a very shitty team, period.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: We have jumped the shark.

Indeed.

This is why I just ignore and thumbs-down these same posts from these same posters; they can't think out of the box, they start stupid, pointless conversations and they sound beyond-moronic.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Why would anyone say or God Forbid want this????
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed.

This is why I just ignore and thumbs-down these same posts from these same posters; they can't think out of the box, they start stupid, pointless conversations and they sound beyond-moronic.

I don't want Marvin back, but you have to admit the fact that Marvin's worst seasons were better than what we are seeing is a tough pill to swallow.  

I will say it is amusing we've gone from "ANYONE would be better than Marvin!" to "Marvin would be better than this anyone we got!" 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:33 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I'd be fine with Marvin replacing Tobin, but that won't happen either.

IDK about that. I watched Hue Jackson on a podcast and he said Mike Brown and Marvin cried when it ended and they had a very close relationship... I'm all for this too..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Id take Marvin.back

Sometimes taking a proverbial sabbatical for 2 years
Can give one a new perspective and fresh new outlook.
Marvin was burned out lets face it.

Marvin.could breathe some new life in a lockeroom that
Is 3 and 18 and 1 under Taylor

Simply ZT isnt winning. He has no resume of winning before he
Arrived here. And at a levels beneath the NFL level
No less.

If Marvin.was here now he would be better than 1 3 and 1,now
I cant believe we are actually speaking about this...question is how much worse can it get? ML as coach no way.....but I always thought he could be a good GM. Also, who really thinks ML would even consider coming back to this mess?
Reply/Quote
Would Marvin be a good GM or are we just saying that because he'd be better than what we've got? I can't imagine Marvin Lewis being the GM of any other NFL franchise, but then again no one related to Mike Brown would be a GM elsewhere either. Tobin? Ehh, unlikely.
Reply/Quote