Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Ball.
(12-29-2015, 02:37 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I hate to break it to you but if you root for those things then you are the one who isn't a real bengals fan. Carson quit because of Marvin, to win important games.

He quit because of the front office.  Thank God he did.

Things have changed quite a bit since he pulled his stunt and it turned out GREAT for the Bengals.  I hated to see him go, but I also hated to see the Bengals operating the way that they did.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:33 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: C'mon.  How could a real Bengals fan root for a guy who quit on this franchise?  I'd rather Brady or Roethlisberger win another ring over Carson.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Come on now! Shocked
Reply/Quote
We were there last night and it was as loud as I've ever heard it. My wife and I kept saying Marvin's conservative style just ain't gonna cut it. Marvin does not understand the value of momentum. As soon as they let the home team get an ounce of hope, that stadium changed dramatically. It was way louder once they got back into it. This made it exponentially harder to move the ball in the 2nd half. I didn't expect our Bengals to win this one, but it sucks they let it slip away by being stubborn and sticking to the Marvin way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:06 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: We were there last night and it was as loud as I've ever heard it. My wife and I kept saying Marvin's conservative style just ain't gonna cut it. Marvin does not understand the value of momentum. As soon as they let the home team get an ounce of hope, that stadium changed dramatically. It was way louder once they got back into it. This made it exponentially harder to move the ball in the 2nd half. I didn't expect our Bengals to win this one, but it sucks they let it slip away by being stubborn and sticking to the Marvin way.

Yeah, there were several of us in the Gameday thread saying at the end of the second quarter that we had to keep the pedal to the metal and not let up in the second half.  But, we did and we lost.  You would think we would be used to it by now, but it really stinks.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:06 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: We were there last night and it was as loud as I've ever heard it. My wife and I kept saying Marvin's conservative style just ain't gonna cut it. Marvin does not understand the value of momentum. As soon as they let the home team get an ounce of hope, that stadium changed dramatically. It was way louder once they got back into it. This made it exponentially harder to move the ball in the 2nd half. I didn't expect our Bengals to win this one, but it sucks they let it slip away by being stubborn and sticking to the Marvin way.

We made comments in the gameday thread that the crowd seemed louder (with momentum in the 3rd) than when they started the game. Too bad. I'm guessing Denver fans are nice to other teams fans? It's nowhere like that in Cleveland, city of drunks.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote