Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whether we get a bye with help or play the wild card, Andy will play
(12-29-2015, 02:06 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I believe if number 14 can play,he will,and we need him to be healthy with a hand and all.We simply cannot run the ball consistenly with this line,Clint Boling is getting manhandled every run play.I AM very concerned we are worn down,a ton of injuries,and playing a rookie qb.Not looking good heading into the playoffs.Our guys cannot stay healthy a full season and all the good backups are on IR.Its maddening really.I thought our team,not our coaches played their asses off in a very hostle environment,and should have won.The ponies said to a man they felt really really lucky to win that.If they had to play the chargers at their place,they would get beat,but its at their joint and you gotta believe they are going to win and get the stinkin bye we should be getting.I am seeing us having to fight like a madman to win this next one.The dirty-birds are coming here with nothing to lose and playing lose.

I agree.....except I think Bodine is a much bigger liability than Boling.  Glad to see you made it over here.... ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Reports are currently leaning toward Andy not playing in the wildcard game.  With that said, I haven't seen a huge dropoff from him to McCarron.  Sure, I'd rather have Andy in there, but I do not think it's impossible to win in the playoffs without him....
There has been a huge drop off but it was expected. That's not a knock on Mcarron though because he has been impressive for a back up QB in his second start at QB. It's just that Andy has been great all year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:22 PM)J24 Wrote: There has been a huge drop off but it was expected. That's not a knock on Mcarron though because he has been impressive for a back up QB in his second start at QB. It's just that Andy has been great all year.

Yup. To expect McCarron to pick up where Dalton left off was unrealistic. But McCarron has played quite well for his lack of experience.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:29 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Have you ever tried to throw a ball with a broken finger? Let alone your thumb?

It all depends if he can grip the ball. It's going to be tough, but still possible. Takes 3-6 weeks to heal.

Plus McCarron has been playing very good especially last night in Primetime too.

If McCarron is healthier than Dalton you go with McCarron. I know Dalton has improved in every aspect
this season but we should go with the healthier QB, especially with what McCarron has shown. He is not
that much of a fall off from Andy from what i have seen and is just improving.

I also don't want to bring up Dalton's problems in the Playoffs as well. McCarron just played very good in
a big time Primetime game that had a Playoff atmosphere. We have to look at it that way.

Nothing against Dalton but you ride the hot hand and Dalton's throwing hand is injured.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:24 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Haha, 4 quarters of mistake free football when the game literally ended when he wasn't ready for a snap that hit him in the hands, he fumbles and it's a walk-off recovery for the defense!

That's like saying a pitcher threw a perfect game except for that walk-off homer that lost it in the 9th.

Dumb post is dumb.  

The fumble was in overtime...  Hence not in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter.  Hence mistake free for 4 quarters.  He didn't force throws into double coverage or have any turnovers during regulation 4 quarters.  Reading comprehension wasn't your best subject was it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:36 AM)treee Wrote: I just dont see him or the team letting coaches sit him if hes even close to healed. i still have hope.

Agree.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote