Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Cannot control his players/time to go
(10-31-2016, 03:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What other HC keeps his job after 13+ years without winning a playoff game? 

Mike Brown isn't going anywhere. He owns the team. Head coach is a change that CAN be made though. And it's long overdue at this point. 

I think everyone is grateful to ML for changing the culture here and making us a winning team. But he's proven time after time he can't get his team to the next level. He's had his chance(s). It's time for someone else to get a shot. Unfortunately we all know he'll be coaching this team next season since he has one more year on his contract. 

This^
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 03:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Marvin should have been gone after San Diego. That said we don't have anyone left in house to replace him with.

Agreed on Marvin being gone after 2013.

As for not having anyone in house to replace him, I won't be shocked if this team stands behind and Guenther and gives him a strong chance to win the HC position. My hope is that Mike, Katie, Troy, and everyone else comes to their senses and realizes that we need fresh blood in here, so we grab someone from another team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Players need to be a little bit afraid. I know players love Zimmer, but they also fear him. Both are very good motivators.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed on Marvin being gone after 2013.

As for not having anyone in house to replace him, I won't be shocked if this team stands behind and Guenther and gives him a strong chance to win the HC position. My hope is that Mike, Katie, Troy, and everyone else comes to their senses and realizes that we need fresh blood in here, so we grab someone from another team.

If they give the job to Guenther after passing on Zimmer, Hue,  hell even Gruden now .. i may need to take a break.

Or i might just break.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If they give the job to Guenther after passing on Zimmer, Hue,  hell even Gruden now .. i may need to take a break.

Or i might just break.

I think a lot of fans would break if Guenther wound up being the coordinator they promoted.

On a different note, congrats to Marv on his 3rd career tie. No other active HC has more than 1. So cheers to you, Marvin.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My hope is that Mike, Katie, Troy, and everyone else comes to their senses and realizes that we need fresh blood in here, so we grab someone from another team.

I hope I'm wrong, but it almost feels like the Bengals' FO KNOWS what is wrong and/or what needs to be done but can't/won't do it.  The idea that they are going to wake up and realize something is amiss seems a bit hopeful, yet naive to me.  They are less like the out of control 20-something on another bender who needs a wakeup call and more like the 55 year old drunkard who has known he should have put the bottle down for decades but can't.

Well, that's a depressing metaphor but you get t.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed on Marvin being gone after 2013.

I think Josh McDaniels from New England may be good fit for the Bengals as HC.  Guenther is similar to Marvin in his temperament and style.  I don't think he would change the culture of the team, which is necessary to take the team to next level.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:28 PM)treee Wrote: I think 6-2 is completely within the realm of possibility. I know I'll get crap for this but I honestly think we could even finish the season 8-0. The defense is pretty damn bad but the offense is on the up and up and I think they'll be able to keep us in every game going forward.

I hope you are right but I just do not see it.

To me the writing was on the wall after the third game against the Broncos. Our lines stink. both are below average.

Even if we barely make playoffs by winning a down division there is no way they will go any where in playoffs.

Need to clean coaching house, get some really good draft picks, and build team around Dalton, Green and Gio.

You always have a chance in the NFL if you have a QB as good as Dalton, but we are really missing some pieces this year with no apparent replacements on the roster - particularly to fix the d line.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 06:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I hope you are right but I just do not see it.

To me the writing was on the wall after the third game against the Broncos. Our lines stink. both are below average.

Even if we barely make playoffs by winning a down division there is no way they will go any where in playoffs.

Need to clean coaching house, get some really good draft picks, and build team around Dalton, Green and Gio.

You always have a chance in the NFL if you have a QB as good as Dalton, but we are really missing some pieces this year with no apparent replacements on the roster - particularly to fix the d line.
I disagree that the season is over. We can both agree though that one reason this season is valuable is that there are a lot of young players getting PT and will continue to develop.
Reply/Quote

To my understanding, Mike Brown still very much likes Vance Joseph. He was an in house guy with success, and has had some success thus far as the DC in Miami. They're 10th in passing yards allowed and rank 16th in points allowed, both improvements from last year. They rank 7th in points allowed in the AFC.

Although they're still pretty terrible with the run, they've made some improvements. They've given up 10 passing TDs and have given up 6 rushing TDs. Throughout 7 weeks they've given up 16 TDs.

Last year they gave up 31 passing TDs.

They've had some improvements thus far with a pretty abysmal offense. Vance Joseph would be a guy Mike Brown would look at.

Oh, and outside of rushing yards per game, with every stat I named, the Bengals rank lower this year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 06:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Josh McDaniels from New England may be good fit for the Bengals as HC.  Guenther is similar to Marvin in his temperament and style.  I don't think he would change the culture of the team, which is necessary to take the team to next level.  

I would love to give Josh McDaniels a shot but he will be gone by the time Marvin resigns another 2 year contract. Let's face it, not too many quality HC's out there as it appears Sean Payton is going to keep his job if it was even ever in doubt. Our quality replacement ship has sailed. As much as I want Marvin gone i don't want to give him up for just anyone, especially for what we have lined up behind him.

It appears we are stuck with him. :giggle:

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 05:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think a lot of fans would break if Guenther wound up being the coordinator they promoted.

On a different note, congrats to Marv on his 3rd career tie. No other active HC has more than 1. So cheers to you, Marvin.

That dubious record should make Marvy the frontrunner for the coveted "Play Not to Lose" trophy? Sick Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
Marvin can't even control his own bowel movements, you think he's going to be able to control a group of 53 men?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Players need to be  a little bit afraid.  I know players love Zimmer, but they also fear him.  Both are very good motivators.

I know he's got 'em motivated for a Prime Time game against a one win division foe. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well with the way this team is being portrayed in the media as a Marvin Lewis led of control thugs, Mike may have no choice but to part ways with Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 12:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Well with the way this team is being portrayed in the media as a Marvin Lewis led of control thugs, Mike may have no choice but to part ways with Marvin.

Mike always has a choice, and he almost always makes the wrong one.  Marvin is here until he retires.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 12:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Well with the way this team is being portrayed in the media as a Marvin Lewis led of control thugs, Mike may have no choice but to part ways with Marvin.

If there's one owner who could give a rat's ass what anyone, be it media, fans or league office thinks of him or his organization, it's Mike Brown.  He's a walking middle finger to any outsider who questions him.  He cares about his leverage and his money and that's about it.  TBO I kind of respect him for it.  It's so stubborn that it's damn near refreshing to see in this day an age.  

Mike Brown is more about FU than Johnny Rotten ever was.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If they give the job to Guenther after passing on Zimmer, Hue,  hell even Gruden now .. i may need to take a break.

Or i might just break.

You and me both.  That move will suck the life out of this fan base.  
Reply/Quote