Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin Couldn't win a Playoff Game with Andy, but ...
Marvin couldn't win a playoff game with Andy, but Taylor can't win a single game with him.

Something is wrong with this picture.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
A 16 year veteran HC could only win one of his last 8 games with this team. A rookie HC has won 0 (just one less than the vet) with the same team minus a few of the better o lineman. Something is wrong with that
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis could not win a playoff game with Carson Palmer, Jon Kitna, Andy Dalton, or AJ McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis could not win a playoff game with Carson Palmer, Jon Kitna, Andy Dalton, or AJ McCarron.

Zac Taylor hasn't won a single game yet and after Baltimore runs away with next game, literally, Taylor will not have won a single game with two QBs and he'll extend his own team worst record for a head coach's starting record to 0-9.

How awful Taylor has been can no longer be ignored.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Marvin couldn't win a playoff game with Andy, but Taylor can't win a single game with him.

Something is wrong with this picture.

What's wrong with your picture is Bengals are 1-15 over last 16 games, so this team was awful in 2018 also.   Once the new Hero Finley Street starts, everybody will find there is more to the rebuild than just changing QB.  The whole team Stinks.  They have HBO.  Horrible B.O.  They Stink. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Marvin couldn't help to win 6+ games with this 0-16 team.

After this season, Marvin will likely be back in the league after teams see's the magic he can bring to a Franchise after seeing the true Bengals team without him.

Marvin/Hue/Lazor/Zampese (who the Browns fans have their nerve to miss), the whole band will be back somewhere.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Zac Taylor hasn't won a single game yet and after Baltimore runs away with next game, literally, Taylor will not have won a single game with two QBs and he'll extend his own team worst record for a head coach's starting record to 0-9.

That's a GREAT point. With better coaching, we likely have atleast 2-3 wins now.

But, it's easier to just say that no coach could win with this roster I guess. Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
He could win a playoff game. 

[Image: EsiaBo00_2017.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:36 AM)Destro Wrote: He could win a playoff game. 

[Image: EsiaBo00_2017.jpg]

Not during the MB era.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Zac Taylor hasn't won a single game yet and after Baltimore runs away with next game, literally, Taylor will not have won a single game with two QBs and he'll extend his own team worst record for a head coach's starting record to 0-9.

Most of these losses by Taylor were one score games, where if we had AJ, many of them would have been W's. You cannot ignore the fact we haven't had the number 1 receiver, and sometimes the #2 receiver, with a crap oline. If all these games were blowouts, that would be one thing, but we have been in most of them right up till the end....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not during the MB era.

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:59 AM)Destro Wrote: Exactly.

It would be interesting to see what Dalton could do elsewhere.  Esiason left after his 9th year and mostly languished on bad Jets teams. Palmer left after his 8th year and the Hue Jackson Raiders were somewhat OK given the tumult of the season but then they pulled the plug and he went 4-11 or so with a one and done HC and ended the season on the bench with a collapsed/bruised lung or something to that effect.  The almost absurdly gunslinger-ey Arians system bought him some time in AZ but that was all on the decline when he retired.

I could see Dalton going to the Bears, DC Skins, Bucs, or the Chargers...with the Colts and Patriots being long-shot possibilities.  Hell, maybe Dalton lands with the Titans after ZT brings his vet pal Tannehill back here to hold the fort while we bridge to the new guy.  I could see a few landing spots where he might have some playoff-push like Palmer in all of his post-Bengals years other than 2012 and 2017.  I don't see him landing in a situation where he just sort of muddles around ala Boomer on the Jets, though and I guess that includes doing so here.

Who knows what next year brings.  We have league standards like Rivers and Brady in flux and QBs of the "future" like Winston and Mariotta possibly getting the boot.

If Pig Ben retired Dalton to the Steelers would be a real message board revitalizer.  Nah....couldn't be!
Reply/Quote
This team is so void of talent it's not even funny.

Our offensive line is even worse than last year to the point it is almost historically bad.

The linebackers aren't any better at all and the rest of the defense has regressed.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
2018 was not a good year for the bengals. Yea the had 6 wins, but all of those wins were a fluke. Indy throws int as they are driving for the winning score. Baltimore throws an int as they are driving for the winning score. AJ makes catch in winning seconds against atlanta for win. Do you believe bengals would have stopped Atlanta if they got another chance. Tampa QB, Winston throws 4 int’s, is pulled from the game and Fitzpatrick almost brings them back for the win. And then, we beat Miami and Oakland, wow, that’s impressive. Basically, we should or could have lost every game in 2018. So the problem has been here since after 2015 season was over. The bengals have been getting gradually worse every year. Give ZT time to retool this team, and find a QB who doesn’t stand in the pocket and wait for it to collapse. Or throw the ball out of bounds, or get it tipped at the line, or miss wide open receivers, etc, etc,etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Most of these losses by Taylor were one score games, where if we had AJ, many of them would have been W's. You cannot ignore the fact we haven't had the number 1 receiver, and sometimes the #2 receiver, with a crap oline. If all these games were blowouts, that would be one thing, but we have been in most of them right up till the end....

Dave Shula won 5 games his rookie coaching year...and had another 5 losses by 7 points or less. Think people were like 'We could have been 10-6!'?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:31 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This team is so void of talent it's not even funny.

Our offensive line is even worse than last year to the point it is almost historically bad.

The linebackers aren't any better at all and the rest of the defense has regressed.

Two areas of weakness from the year before and the new coaching staff saw something in Hart and Redmond and brought them back. No one else could see what they saw in these two guys, the fans, other teams, nobody.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Two areas of weakness from the year before and the new coaching staff saw something in Hart and Redmond and brought them back. No one else could see what they saw in these two guys, the fans, other teams, nobody.

Right. So Taylor gets a pass by some for the line, but the fact is that THEY evaluated guys like Hart, Redmond, brought in Miller, Price, etc and decided to keep them and start them.

Yeah I get Jonah's injury. I get Boling, but they knew about Boling BEFORE the draft and possibly much sooner. Glenn? He was getting moved to Guard anyways.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Most of these losses by Taylor were one score games, where if we had AJ, many of them would have been W's. You cannot ignore the fact we haven't had the number 1 receiver, and sometimes the #2 receiver, with a crap oline. If all these games were blowouts, that would be one thing, but we have been in most of them right up till the end....

Let’s be honest. The Bengals were badly outplayed in some of those close losses. Baltimore game was 23-17, I’ve never seen a more one sided six point game in my life. The Jacksonville game was similar. This is not a competitive team!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:09 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Let’s be honest.  The Bengals were badly outplayed in some of those close losses.  Baltimore game was 23-17, I’ve never seen a more one sided six point game in my life.  The Jacksonville game was similar. This is not a competitive team!

Yeah...score is close, but in many the other team outgains us by many more yards...and we've given up 200+ yards rushing multiple times this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Right. So Taylor gets a pass by some for the line, but the fact is that THEY evaluated guys like Hart, Redmond, brought in Miller, Price, etc and decided to keep them and start them.

Yeah I get Jonah's injury. I get Boling, but they knew about Boling BEFORE the draft and possibly much sooner. Glenn? He was getting moved to Guard anyways.

You are right about a lot of this, but I don't know about the Boling part. You keep saying it, but I haven't seen anything in print to validate that? From what I recall, they knew about it going into OTAs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote