Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones
Man, I'm a huge fan but he seems relatively MIA this year.

He has mad talent but his overall play has been pretty "quiet" this year.

I thought he would go hog wild with all the AJ double teams.
Reply/Quote
He was a big contributor in the Bills win. He'll get his shots. Nobody was going to go off today the way the Steelers were disrupting the LOS.
Reply/Quote
Didnt he just have like 100 yards last game?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:01 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Didnt he just have like 100 yards last game?

6 catches for 95 yards and a td.

Coming into today's game he was on pace for 64 catches and 860 receiving yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:01 PM)Utts Wrote: He was a big contributor in the Bills win. He'll get his shots. Nobody was going to go off today the way the Steelers were disrupting the LOS.

Good point. Just figured he would go nuts this year. Then, with D's  having to cover Eifert now too? 

Mannnnn. Thought he would GO OFF!
Reply/Quote
Huh??

Marvin Jones has had some huge catches this season - game changing TD's against the Chargers and Bills and Ravens.
Reply/Quote
I've seen plenty of MLJ out there this year. He probably won't put up stats like 2013, but that's because we have more options out there.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've seen plenty of MLJ out there this year. He probably won't put up stats like 2013, but that's because we have more options out there.

Marvin Jones is on pace to have more receptions (59 to 51) and receiving yards (761 to 712) than he did in '13.
Reply/Quote
Good. He should be easy to re-sign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Man, I'm a huge fan but he seems relatively MIA this year.

The Bengals have a strong running game and our offense is way down on pass attempts per game.
1. The running game is solid
2. We have had the lead which leads to less passing.
3. There are only so many balls to go around to Green, Jones, Eifert, Sanu, Hill and Gio.

I think some forget in the Chad and TJ H. days we had no TE, I repeat no viable option to catch 3rd down passes, now we have lots of options.

Jones is having a very good year and doing what is asked of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Man, I'm a huge fan but he seems relatively MIA this year.

Jones is fine.  Nothing to see here,  Thread Closed.
Reply/Quote

Here let Marvin himself explain it to you.
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/M_Jones_on_Bengals_offensive_weapons/3cec6e67-5904-47cd-99da-1d3f729292e6

Reply/Quote
Quiet? He had 3 TDs in his first seven games in 07.

He had 237 receiving yards and 16 receptions through his first 7 games.

This year? 333 receiving yards and 26 receptions. So that's almost 100 more yards and 10 more receptions. Jones is doing extremely well right now.

Plus, don't forget his MONSTER game against the Jets really made his stats in 2013 seem really big. So far he's on pace to do better and be more consistent than he was in 2013.

Don't forget, we have a healthy Eifert and Sanu on the field as well. Along with a good running game. So Jones isn't going to put up amazing numbers each week. But he's being consistent and shows up when they need him to. That's what you want out of your receivers.
Reply/Quote
Hes had several big games and others he's been quiet. Overall he's had a very solid year and will be a vital component for us as we move down the stretch and more teams try and take AJ out of the passing equation.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
He's the 3rd target on the team, what numbers do you expect him to be putting up this year? He's also on a team where the 4th and 5th targets see their number called a fair share of times as well.

This is the NFL, not a game of Madden, Marvin Jones is doing exactly what you'd expect from a guy in his current situation.
Reply/Quote
Dude almost single handed coasted us through that Bills game where Eifert and Green were both double covered all game.

Has been very solid even besides that game. Not often do i dismiss threads but i dont think he was ever gonna get 70+ catches and 8+ TDs on this team.

If we were using Gio out the backfield on passes like we should be thatd be even less for MJ.
Reply/Quote

After AJ its Eifert

After that is Jones or Sanu

Sanu has been realitively quiet as well
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: After AJ its Eifert

After that is Jones or Sanu

Sanu has been realitively quiet as well

Somewhat. In 2013 when he played in 16 games he had 455 yards. This year in 7 games he has 270 yards.

Sure, he isn't playing like last year, but he was our #1 receiver in quite a few of those games and he stepped up.

Sanu is doing just fine as a #4 receiver on this team (I'm including Eifert).
Reply/Quote