Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones Leg Injury.
Noticed this at the bottom of Coley Harvey's report on camp.

The Bengals had several players not participate as they went through their second straight day in full pads. Receivers Marvin Jones and Onterio McCalebb, and offensive tackles Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith all missed practice. Whitworth said he was getting a veteran's day off, and it appeared Smith received one, too. Jones has a leg injury that kept him out the past two days, and McCalebb has bruised knee that might keep him out two weeks.

A little concerned about Jones' ability to stay on the field.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/18184/dre-kirkpatricks-play-tuesday-brings-smiles-throughout-bengals-camp

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's not so much that he's still injured, it's that they are taking precautions with integrating him back in.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:08 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's not so much that he's still injured, it's that they are taking precautions with integrating him back in.

I hope that's the case. Jones has only played one full season healthy, and the rest he has had some games off. I hope that he doesn't have an injury problem, because then I think we would need to find another person to fill the #2 spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:08 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's not so much that he's still injured, it's that they are taking precautions with integrating him back in.

Is that in a different report? The way it is written there sounds like it's a leg injury that is preventing him from going, especially if he's been out the past 2 days.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I hope that's the case. Jones has only played one full season healthy, and the rest he has had some games off. I hope that he doesn't have an injury problem, because then I think we would need to find another person to fill the #2 spot.

(08-05-2015, 02:12 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is that in a different report? The way it is written there sounds like it's a leg injury that is preventing him from going, especially if he's been out the past 2 days.

From Coley Harvey himself:
https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/628639305976692736
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Noticed this at the bottom of Coley Harvey's report on camp.

The Bengals had several players not participate as they went through their second straight day in full pads. Receivers Marvin Jones and Onterio McCalebb, and offensive tackles Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith all missed practice. Whitworth said he was getting a veteran's day off, and it appeared Smith received one, too. Jones has a leg injury that kept him out the past two days, and McCalebb has bruised knee that might keep him out two weeks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/18184/dre-kirkpatricks-play-tuesday-brings-smiles-throughout-bengals-camp

It's a valid concern. :snark:

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:16 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: From Coley Harvey himself:
https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/628639305976692736

Hopefully it's just caution....just seems like last season all over again with him.  Sad

Reply/Quote
According to Hobson it is a Hamstring injury of some sort. http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Camp-report-corners-shut-it-down/2aaa2cc3-bb1d-4e90-9e9b-53e297e7d1f8
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:32 AM)J24 Wrote: According to Hobson it is a Hamstring injury of some sort. http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Camp-report-corners-shut-it-down/2aaa2cc3-bb1d-4e90-9e9b-53e297e7d1f8

And.....shit.  :angry:

I really like Marvin Jones, but the dude is starting to remind me of Brandon Ghee, just can't stay on the field. The worst part is, if he is down, we don't have a real #2 on this roster.

Reply/Quote
Definitely concerning that he can't stay healthy. The WR's are one injury away from needing somebody badly. Although I guess you can say that about several positions. But his track record isn't good.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think management squandered their opportunity to go out and get a legitimate #2 WR in free agency this year. I think our WR's are pretty weak (excluding AJ).
I hope Marvin Jones heals quickly but I'm not holding my breath.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I hope that they just let the dude sit it out until Oakland. No need to break him during a watered down training camp. This rule should apply to most veterans. If they get dinged up let them rest until Game 1. I mean if they've been on the team for a few years they should know by now.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And.....shit.  :angry:

I really like Marvin Jones, but the dude is starting to remind me of Brandon Ghee, just can't stay on the field. The worst part is, if he is down, we don't have a real #2 on this roster.

Marvin Jones is like Brandon Ghee? That's a stretch. I don't think Ghee has ever legitimately contributed..

but that is besides the point.

Lets wait and see what happens before calling him done.

Also. There is less need for a bonafide #2 when you have good TE's, a good running game and a star like AJ. Not to mention some decent slot threats. I think there are plenty of guys in TC right now that could fill in the #2 role, but the coaching staff might not allow it.

Tevin Reese flying down the field each play would interest me... but I'm not the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And.....shit.  :angry:

Except Jones actually had one pretty decent season, whereas Ghee never has.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hello, Reggie?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Noticed this at the bottom of Coley Harvey's report on camp.

just a tight hammy happens a lot in the heat this time of year
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 08:00 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Personally, I think management squandered their opportunity to go out and get a legitimate #2 WR in free agency this year. I think our WR's are pretty weak (excluding AJ).

hopefully Greg Little and Demarius Moore step it up and play to their talent level.

Head gregs been doing pretty good so far not heard much good or bad on moore besides a drop or two.
Reply/Quote

Which is why we needed to draft a receiver in the 2nd round instead of a 2nd tackle.    I think Tyler Lockett would have been worth the pick there.  They've been talking about him since mini - camp.

Here's what Seattle WR Doug Baldwin had to say recently:

"This is the best receiving core I have been around in all my years of football. Kevin Smith, Doug McNeil, Tyler Lockett, Kevin Norwood and Chris Matthews are showing up in a big way and consistently. These guys are passionate about their craft and they have shown it throughout the first phase of camp. I think Tyler Lockett can be something special."
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 08:00 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Personally, I think management squandered their opportunity to go out and get a legitimate #2 WR in free agency this year.  I think our WR's are pretty weak (excluding AJ).  

Couldn't agree more, it's pathetic that we didn't go after a legit number 2.
Reply/Quote
I was expecting us to get a #2/#3 receiver in 1st/2nd/3rd round ...

This will backfire on us terribly.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote