Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones...Road to Detroit
(08-25-2016, 05:37 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: There's the reason I really can't blame him for leaving.  I thought the overall numbers were very close to the same, if not the same, but didn't understand there was a difference in guaranteed money between the two offers.  Though the Bengals always seem very good with paying out to the end of most guys' contracts, guaranteed is guaranteed.  Cant say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was in his shoes...  Thanks for that nugget to help me remember that situation more accurately!  ThumbsUp

I don't blame him either. If the Lions cut me some checks, I'll start rooting for them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones squandered his career.

Calvin Johnson made it clear that he'd rather play no football for at least one year than continue playing for Detroit.

With Barry Sanders, that's two hall of famers that quit to stop playing for Detroit.

Marvin Jones might be back in the nati before we know it.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 01:00 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Marvin Jones squandered his career.

Calvin Johnson made it clear that he'd rather play no football for at least one year than continue playing for Detroit.

With Barry Sanders, that's two hall of famers that quit to stop playing for Detroit.

Marvin Jones might be back in the nati before we know it.

After seeing the last two Detroit games, I couldn't agree more.  Last time I checked stats, which was at the beginning of last year, Stafford has never beaten a winning team on the road, and this is his 8th year.

I could be wrong about Marvin Jones, but after being in Cincy with a winning team, I don't know if being the number one receiver will be enough.
Reply/Quote