Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones back 100%
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Marv-opens-it-up-for-opener/7340dcbc-58bd-4f16-8cf5-0c4f38fdbaca

Wide receiver Marvin Jones, the X factor in offensive coordinator Hue Jackson’s formula, had the best day of his comeback from last year’s foot miseries that cost him all of the 2014 season when he and the Bengals operated in high gear Wednesday during the final joint practice with the Giants.

"I opened it up really for the first time since I’ve been back in this thing," Jones said. "Every time you can get football moments where you fall and it gets gritty and some body cleats you like I got cleated, I got up and said, ‘OK. That’s cool. You want those. I haven’t been in those situations and for me to get back doing that is pretty cool.”

Stepping back into the first team mix, Jones helped quarterback Andy Dalton hit 18 of 27 passes in team drills against the Giants even though they cut back Pro Bowl wide receiver A.J. Green’s snaps. But there were still plenty of targets.
Reply/Quote
read that Pacman said that OBJ reminded him of Marvin Jones
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 11:18 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: read that Pacman said that OBJ reminded him of Marvin Jones

That's so awesome to hear. If anything, MJ has about 3 inches on OBJ as well.

If this guy can come back to full health, this offense will be unstoppable.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 11:23 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: That's so awesome to hear. If anything, MJ has about 3 inches on OBJ as well.

When did you see MJ with no pants on?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 11:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When did you see MJ with no pants on?

On the video where he was banging your mom.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 11:23 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: That's so awesome to hear. If anything, MJ has about 3 inches on OBJ as well.

I would like to interupt this thread for a Board Service Announcement:

With the return of Michael Johnson he is once again assigned the abbreviation of MJ. Marvin Jones will be refered to as MLJ or MJ82.

Thank you and now back to your regualrly scheduled thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would like to interupt this thread for a Board Service Announcement:

With the return of Michael Johnson he is once again assigned the abbreviation of MJ. Marvin Jones will be refered to as MLJ or MJ82.

I usually referred to him as MLJ even when Michael Johnson wasn't here.

With that said, I'm pretty upset that I can't call MJ, MJ93 anymore. Me thinks he needs to swap numbers with Clarke.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:21 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I usually referred to him as MLJ even when Michael Johnson wasn't here.

With that said, I'm pretty upset that I can't call MJ, MJ93 anymore. Me thinks he needs to swap numbers with Clarke.

Everything's screwed up.

MJ is 90 when he should be 93, Pat Sims is 92 when he should be 90, Will Clarke is 93 when he should be 92.

Nothing's what it should be.
Reply/Quote
Great news. Dalton has no excuse this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would like to interupt this thread for a Board Service Announcement:

Thanks.

We also need to clear up the use of "AJ".  What are the rules on that?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:32 PM)Housh Wrote: Great news. Dalton has no excuse this year.

WHO NEEDS EXCUSES WHEN YOU'RE HOISTING THE LOMBARDI?!?!?!?!!?
Reply/Quote
I've had the nasty habit of referring to players by their actual names. Jones is a bit ordinary, but Marvin Jones isn't. Johnson is a bit ordinary, but Michael Johnson isn't. ..no wait. .there's a ton of Michael's and Johnson's..For that matter there's plenty of Marvin's. We need a few Ichabad's and Percivel's.
By the way. .glad to see MLJ doing well.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've had the nasty habit of referring to players by their actual names. Jones is a bit ordinary, but Marvin Jones isn't.  Johnson is a bit ordinary, but Michael Johnson isn't. ..no wait. .there's a ton of Michael's and Johnson's..For that matter there's plenty of Marvin's. We need a few Ichabad's and Percivel's.

Is grampahol your real name?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is grampahol your real name?

According to my daughter, yes. My mother might argue that point, but she's been gone for over 20 years.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Everything's screwed up.

MJ is 90 when he should be 93, Pat Sims is 92 when he should be 90, Will Clarke is 93 when he should be 92.

mind=blown  Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I really hope MLJ is back and plays a big successful role this season. If he truly is and does we would almost certainly have a top 10 O, maybe even top 5.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: According to my daughter,  yes. My mother might argue that point, but she's been gone for over 20 years.

Is it pronounced "Grampa Hole"?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Everything's screwed up.

MJ90 said fresh start fresh number

As far as reading notes from yesterdays practice it went much much better than tuesdays.....
Lucky for the giants the first string wont play very long... Unlucky is marvin lewis jones will probly be in with the 2nd stringers ouch.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: MJ90 said fresh start fresh number

Who cares about what he wants when he's messing up the ORDER OF BALANCE XENO!?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 01:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Who cares about what he wants when he's messing up the ORDER OF BALANCE XENO!?

the balance was restored whe MJ took up the other DE spot across from Dunlap... lol...

but i do understand the issue it causes for all the MJ93 jersey owners out there.
Reply/Quote