Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones foot injury...
(10-15-2015, 11:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: Hall and Dre are in bad shape too.

Backup QB might be a good time to get Dennard some more live reps... And we have Shaw and Lewis-Harris if either cant go.
Reply/Quote
They are going into the bye week for players to rest. It's football... if you can play, you play.
Reply/Quote
MLJ is 4th on the team in both receptions and yards. We will be fine without him if he needs some time. This is why we are still giving Little a paycheck.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: MLJ is 4th on the team in both receptions and yards. We will be fine without him if he needs some time. This is why we are still giving Little a paycheck.

Plus Tate can stretch the field for deep balls as well
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: MLJ is 4th on the team in both receptions and yards. We will be fine without him if he needs some time. This is why we are still giving Little a paycheck.

(10-15-2015, 12:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Plus Tate can stretch the field for deep balls as well

I'd hate to lose MLJ, and I don't think Brandon Tate and Greg Little being on the roster should make anyone any more comfortable if MLJ has to sit out a few games for any reason.

MLJ has more TDs in 1 season than either of those guys have in their respective careers. MLJ has more TDs this season than Little and Tate have receptions combined. Marvin is more of a deep threat and red zone target than either of them could dream to be.

Let's hope MLJ doesn't miss time opposed to living in a fantasy world where Tate or Little would fill in for him and "be fine".
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd hate to lose MLJ, and I don't think Brandon Tate and Greg Little being on the roster should make anyone any more comfortable if MLJ has to sit out a few games for any reason.

MLJ has more TDs in 1 season than either of those guys have in their respective careers. MLJ has more TDs this season than Little and Tate have receptions combined. Marvin is more of a deep threat and red zone target than either of them could dream to be.

Let's hope MLJ doesn't miss time opposed to living in a fantasy world where Tate or Little would fill in for him and "be fine".

I seem to recall MLJ being benched for dropping a deep pass then getting a false start and tate then catching the deep pass.... Tate doesnt equal MLJ but with the other weapons also on the field we should be able to still find plenty of favoriable matchups.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Backup QB might be a good time to get Dennard some more live reps... And we have Shaw and Lewis-Harris if either cant go.

Shaw got some defensive snaps Sunday, well at least one when Dre was hurt I believe late in the game and left for a 3rd down snap.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I seem to recall MLJ being benched for dropping a deep pass then getting a false start and tate then catching the deep pass....  Tate doesnt equal MLJ but with the other weapons also on the field we should be able to still find plenty of favoriable matchups.

Yeah, that did happen....1 time, ever.

Every NFL WR drops passes. MLJ has had very good hands compared to most WRs.

You aren't going to see him drop a pass and then Tate catch one on a regular basis, 1 time doesn't make it the rule, it's the exception. Having MLJ out there over a guy like Little or Tate is a big difference, at least I'm sure it is to opposing teams more than it is to some people on these boards.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd hate to lose MLJ, and I don't think Brandon Tate and Greg Little being on the roster should make anyone any more comfortable if MLJ has to sit out a few games for any reason.

Guess we just put different emphasis on our 4th receiving option. 

Sanu is more than capable of being a #2 and actually has taken snaps away from MLJ this year. So you're looking at replacing our #3 WR and 4th/5th receiving option. We've got Tate, Little, Burkhead to fill the void; hell, we might even get a chance to see what Alford brings in the slot. I don't think suggesting we'd be fine if he missed a game or two as "living in a fantasy world".

This is not saying MLJ is not a good receiver, it is just that we are deep enough to soften any loss that would occur if he missed time 

Reply/Quote
Losing MLJ may not be huge in itself but one more WR injury and it gets real scary.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess we just put different emphasis on our 4th receiving option. 

Sanu is more than capable of being a #2 and actually has taken snaps away from MLJ this year. So you're looking at replacing our #3 WR and 4th/5th receiving option. We've got Tate, Little, Burkhead to fill the void; hell, we might even get a chance to see what Alford brings in the slot. I don't think suggesting we'd be fine if he missed a game or two as "living in a fantasy world".

This is not saying MLJ is not a good receiver, it is just that we are deep enough to soften any loss that would occur if he missed time 

MLJ has the 3rd most targets on the team. I'd call that the 3rd receiving option.

"Sanu has taken snaps away from MLJ this year" isn't true at all. I have the data to back that up.

I guess I value the 3rd receiving option on the team more highly than you, and I guess I believe MLJ makes a much, much better #2 than 3 guys that have proven they can't hang in that role.
Reply/Quote
I'm with bfine32 with us probably having the depth to be okay missing him for a bit, but not for too long. Jones is a burner with excellent hands and a knack for breaking tackles. He plays a vital role in this offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:30 PM)djs7685 Wrote: MLJ has the 3rd most targets on the team. I'd call that the 3rd receiving option.

"Sanu has taken snaps away from MLJ this year" isn't true at all. I have the data to back that up.

I guess I value the 3rd receiving option on the team more highly than you, and I guess I believe MLJ makes a much, much better #2 than 3 guys that have proven they can't hang in that role.

Okey Dokey. We just disagree on the impact of losing MLJ a game or 2 would have on this team. 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Dokey. We just disagree on the impact of losing MLJ a game or 2 would have on this team. 

I mean yeah, if he misses 1 game, I'm right with ya. ThumbsUp

We weren't really discussing a set amount of games so I assumed this would be a bigger hypothetical injury than something that keeps him away for 1 weekend. If we're talking just 1 game, then I suppose I agree that we would be fine. Any injury with MLJ would be scary after last year though. Hopefully nothing is wrong and we don't have to worry about Sanu, Little, or Tate as a WR2/target #3 outside receiver anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 12:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Plus Tate can stretch the field for deep balls as well

Seriously?  Tate stretched the field one time.  He is not a speed guy who can take the top off of a defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Seriously?  Tate stretched the field one time.  He is not a speed guy who can take the top off of a defense.

You have no idea how many times Brandon Tate has stretched the D. 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Seriously?  Tate stretched the field one time.  He is not a speed guy who can take the top off of a defense.

(10-15-2015, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have no idea how many times Brandon Tate has stretched the D. 

Stretching the field past the secondary has never been Tates problem, its getting out of jams at the LOS that he struggles with.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have no idea how many times Brandon Tate has stretched the D. 

Or maybe I watch the same games as you do, but you have no idea.  Or maybe we'll have to agree to disagree... see how that works?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:13 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Stretching the field past the secondary has never been Tates problem, its getting out of jams at the LOS that he struggles with.

If you cannot consistently get off the line of scrimmage, then it is difficult to stretch the field.  No??
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Or maybe I watch the same games as you do, but you have no idea.  Or maybe we'll have to agree to disagree... see how that works?

Pretty sure that was bfine's attempt at humor.

Not entirely certain though.
Reply/Quote