Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones is Top Priority for Bengals
http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000642436/Rapoport-Marvin-Jones-top-priority-for-Bengals

Just saw this...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmm, does this mean we get in a bidding war with the Browns OR that we just let them take Sanu and hope they shut up?
Reply/Quote
Our other priority was Brandon Tate.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, does this mean we get in a bidding war with the Browns OR that we just let them take Sanu and hope they shut up?

Don't know about the Browns,  but Minnesota just cut Mike Wallace today, freeing up 11.4M in spendable cash...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It seems WR is the only position we haven't set ourselves up for plan B.

CB: If Adam and Leon walk we have Dennard and Shaw ready to take over

OT: If Smith walks we have Ced or Jake ready to take over

S: If Reggie and George walk we have Williams and Smith ready to take over

now

WR: If Sanu and MLJ walk we have Alford and Wright.

Given each position will take a hit if the starters walk, but WR will have no viable replacements in-house.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They really need to sign our starting secondary.... kinda important
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems WR is the only position we haven't set ourselves up for plan B.

now

Given each position will take a hit if the starters walk, but WR will have no viable replacements in-house.

Woah.... Hold your horses!

We have the GREAT Brandon Tate! The #1 most sought out WR in Free Agency until we re-signed him.
Reply/Quote
Tbh, I rather us sign our starting secondary..

Iloka, Nelson and Pacman...

I think MJ could be replaced by a draft pick or someone like Rishard Matthews, etc., but I wouldn't mind the signing of MJ.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems WR is the only position we haven't set ourselves up for plan B.

now

Even outside of it, in free agency the best receivers left are Rishard Matthews, Jermaine Kearse, Rueben Randle, Nate Washintgon, James Jones, Andre Johnson, etc.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Even outside of it, in free agency the best receivers left are Rishard Matthews, Jermaine Kearse, Rueben Randle, Nate Washintgon, James Jones, Andre Johnson, etc.

I think we'd be breaking even if we sign any of the bolded. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Even if Jones is priority #1, there is a limit that is very likely to be reached with the way teams are already shelling out money with the high cap. Don't sleep on them kicking Mike Wallace's tires. He's a released vet they're familiar with. Sure he can stretch the field, but doesn't miss action. Maybe he's humbled and motivated to stick it to the Steelers too.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 10:40 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Woah.... Hold your horses!

We have the GREAT Brandon Tate! The #1 most sought out WR in Free Agency until we re-signed him.

It's way too early to panic.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:04 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Tbh, I rather us sign our starting secondary..

Iloka, Nelson and Pacman...

I think MJ could be replaced by a draft pick or someone like Rishard Matthews, etc., but I wouldn't mind the signing of MJ.

Agreed. 

I hope we re-sign Marvin. And I don't think it's either or, but... I'd rather have Iloka, Nelson and Jones back. Our pass defense wasn't the best last year, I don't want to downgrade it. Our pass offense was solid, but Marvin wasn't the strongest part of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:32 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's way too early to panic.

Pshaw...I've been in panic mode since Paul Brown died and I've only managed to calm down a few times since then!
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think we'd be breaking even if we sign any of the bolded. 

Or even positive since I don't think you lose any production, but you won't have to pay the outrageous price Jones will get in this market.

Tate= $1m?
TJ= $0.6m
Jones= $9m?

That would put you at $10.6m/$15m, so you'd be left with $4.4m for the rest of your free agents if they're really trying to keep with this $15m nonsense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 10:07 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Our other priority was Brandon Tate.

LOL  Rep
Reply/Quote
It would suck to lose MLJ but not the end of the world.
A good draft pick or 2 at WR could help things out.
Some of the personnel give the Bengals room to be creative.

If Tyler Kroft improves you could see Eifert lined up outside more and also Rex Burkhead can make plays as a WR.
You also have guys like Wright,Alford, and Kummerow that could turn into quality depth for you.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 10:07 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Our other priority was Brandon Tate.

...and TJ Johnson 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Think one of the two need to be signed. Either Jones or Sanu.

Believe one can be replaced via draft or FA without missing a whole lot since AJ and Eiffert are main targets anyway.

Can not replace both very easily though and do not want Wallace personally. Never been a big fan. He is a one trick pony who has lost a step and never had good hands anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think one of the two need to be signed. Either Jones or Sanu.

Believe one can be replaced via draft or FA without missing a whole lot since AJ and Eiffert are main targets anyway.

Can not replace both very easily though and do not want Wallace personally. Never been a big fan. He is a one trick pony who has lost a step and never had good hands anyway.

I'd take Marvin Jones or Sanu any day of the week. But if we can resign Iloka + Sanu compared to just Marvin Jones, I'd go with Iloka/Sanu.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote